• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

23 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Have you seen it in person?

Whilst I agree that that the colour will appear different depending on the light levels, there is no way that could be pink. 

There was actually a lady in a pink top walking through the car park as I drove out. Considered asking for her to pose with the track to show the difference :D

It would be so cool to be themed to Bizarro because its Superman's Villain and Superman is probably the best known ride at MW, I feel like it would fit well of the recent theme of 'villains being better.'
However, it would feel kind of weird walking from Supervillains  Unleashed, to Main Street, through part of the DC superhero are, back to another Supervillain ride?
It could always be Superwoman? Although she is often red and blue she can be referenced with pink sometimes?
Also upon a google search I discovered a character called Huntress and another one called Starfire, which although would make no sense, is still an option for the colour scheme?
Personally, as much as I hate to say it, my money is on Suicide Squad...

OMG the damn track is Magenta, it's not pink, purple, grape, puce or any other bloody thing people want to come up with. 

I mean the conversation on what the theme is is already going around in circles with the same names but geeze a debate over what colour something is when it's sitting right there to see (i.e. is a fact) is mind numbing. 

Unless you you work in some form of design and have a professional understanding of colour please stop with your 2 cents for the sake of all our sanity. 

I understand your thinking and do agree that it would be good if they could connect the villain areas together, if this coaster is villain themed, but I just can't see it happening. It definitely is possible, but would require quite a bit of configuration and create these dead pathways that would make it feel like you were inside a theme park, but rather walking along the fence boundary. They would need to add stuff behind the JL show stage and then behind SDSC, and I just can't see that happening 

I thought we'd already decided the track was magenta and not pink or purple.

And in regards to the train arriving, I doubt we will be seeing that for another couple months, and it would be well hidden under sheets, and wouldn't be in the carpark for all too see.

And I wouldn't Bizzaro is the most well known villain, joker for sure is, but definitely is an important one, and seriously badass, which I'm sure this coaster will be. Will it be themed to it, hmm not sure, but no one really has any idea, or what the majority of believe it will be, so until MW announce something, this Chat will continue to go backwards and forwards

I personally don't think there needs to be a film for a character, before they theme a ride to it. A ride would provide a fresh perspective to a character that may not be as known, and if they ever did make a film featuring that character, or could get people to think about the ride. I'll use this example again, they made a terrible movie for GL, but because of that they didn't decide not to theme it to him because people may have a bad view on it. Same with Scooby, and even WWF, which was loosely based off the Wild Wild West film (debatable that connection), but they weren't that great of movies and they turned it into a kickass ride. And they have featured characters in the villains area, which are unknown, some I never even heard of, but they included them and they really have added to the whole precinct. No matter what this coaster is themed to, Im sure it will be great, but there are obviously themes that would be a bit disappointing, such as Power Rangers. But I don't think they can go wrong with any DC character.

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

I'll use this example again, they made a terrible movie for GL, but because of that they didn't decide not to theme it to him because people may have a bad view on it. Same with Scooby, and even WWF, which was loosely based off the Wild Wild West film (debatable that connection), but they weren't that great of movies and they turned it into a kickass ride.

It's not about ratings, though. It's about exposure. It's MOVIE World, afterall!

That's why a lot of attractions are themed to movies which have recently come out at the time, and you've used some fantastic examples of MW ones - Scooby, Green Lantern, Wild Wild West (yes, originally the ride WAS themed to the movie which came out around the time, it was only changed a few years later due to a licensing dispute), even the fact that the majority of their rides are DC themed is all revolved around the fact that DC movies are so popular and being released in bulk over the past decade. They are going with what's most familiar, most popular, and being made a household name. 

In my opinion, pretty much everything is based on the box office movie side of things when it comes to major Movie World attractions. And I believe this will be no different ☺️?

PS. Yes I'm aware that Bizarro was featured in the Super-Villians area, but honestly, who else were they going to use to make up numbers if they needed a wide variety of DC Villians from their different franchises? In this case they mixed it up a bit. But I don't believe it will be an ongoing thing. 

I reckon they will play their cards right and most definitely pull out an Ace for the biggest attraction they have ever added to their park ??

4 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

It's not about ratings, though. It's about exposure. It's MOVIE World, afterall!

That's why a lot of attractions are themed to movies which have recently come out at the time, and you've used some fantastic examples of MW ones - Scooby, Green Lantern, Wild Wild West (yes, originally the ride WAS themed to the movie which came out around the time, it was only changed a few years later due to a licensing dispute), even the fact that the majority of their rides are DC themed is all revolved around the fact that DC movies are so popular and being released in bulk over the past decade. They are going with what's most familiar, most popular, and being made a household name. 

In my opinion, pretty much everything is based on the box office movie side of things when it comes to major Movie World attractions. And I believe this will be no different ☺️?

PS. Yes I'm aware that Bizarro was featured in the Super-Villians area, but honestly, who else were they going to use to make up numbers if they needed a wide variety of DC Villians from their different franchises? In this case they mixed it up a bit. But I don't believe it will be an ongoing thing. 

I reckon they will play their cards right and most definitely pull out an Ace for the biggest attraction they have ever added to their park ??

I completely agree. This is why I was so convinced that it was Wonder Woman initially. But I guess we have to wait for Justice League to come out to identify who it is. We don't know the villain of the movie yet. It could be Lex, or Bizzaro and Lex, or Joker.

Have just caught up on the last 6 pages of this thread.  My god I'm desperate for an announcement now.

Actually just on that where is the early marketing?  If you buy a VIP pass now you get to ride it.  So where's the non stop blitz to get the word out.  This will be the best roller coaster in Australia, and it's the biggest single investement in Gold Coast theme park history.  It needs the biggest marketing campaign since Bermuda to ensure it's a success.  I know it's early but this ride is THAT big of a deal.  Better be a documentary team down there to do an hour special on it.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I completely agree. This is why I was so convinced that it was Wonder Woman initially. But I guess we have to wait for Justice League to come out to identify who it is. We don't know the villain of the movie yet. It could be Lex, or Bizzaro and Lex, or Joker.

Actually, we know that the villain is Steppenwolf, portrayed by Ciarán Hinds. Steppenwolf is Darkseid's uncle in case you want a picture of where he sits in the DC universe. But his color is more red-brown:

58d76afd7b8b2_ScreenShot2017-03-26at5_08_27pm.thumb.png.22951d4f9eae8c51e067043fffcb2a8c.png

So I dont think the coaster will be themed to him.

Edited by Intimidator305.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

The villain in the JL movie is Darksied, Stepenwolf and the Parademons

3 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

Actually, we know that the villain is Steppenwolf, portrayed by Ciarán Hinds. Steppenwolf is Darkseid's uncle in case you want a picture of where he sits in the DC universe. But his color is more red-brown:

58d76afd7b8b2_ScreenShot2017-03-26at5_08_27pm.thumb.png.22951d4f9eae8c51e067043fffcb2a8c.png

So I dont think the coaster will be themed to him.

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The villain in the JL movie is Darksied, Stepenwolf and the Parademons

Thanks lads. I watched the trailer after and forgot to add that. 

So I guess not ?

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic