102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

Well... this is what happens when I can't access Parkz from work. All good - i'm back now.

After getting through all these pages - I feel like one thing is for certain.

i didn't need to read all those pages.

I also love how the colour conversation continued even after @djrappa flipped out. For the love of god VRTP need to make an announcement - and they need to do it on any day except this coming Saturday.

I also echo the sentiments that i hope they've got Discovery channel or Nat Geo down there filming a documentary \ making of.

I hadn't given it any thought, but I do like the ideas put forward about Catwoman.

As for the trains being hidden - we saw with Jet Rescue that all it takes is some guy to leave the container door open at the right time for some person passing by to get a shot of the trains. I feel certain though, that we'll have an announcement before that happens (watch that go up in flames now too).

Page 125 and we're still not vertical. I'll check in tomorrow hopefully before its at page 147.

22 hours ago, wileecoyote said:

Is this the code that unlocks all the answers to our prayers?!

20 hours ago, jack.c said:

Explain. 

20 hours ago, MickeyD said:

DA70D6 = The Colour "Orchid'

This. No, just the hex values for the colour Orchid, as above. It's a light shade of purple that verges into pink. Its not quite as pink as mauve, but not as purple as magenta. Orchid is the colour I think it is, give or take a slight tweak to the red and blue.

The colour changing in photos is due to uncalibrated/auto calibrated white balance of the camera. Each time the brightness alters, the white balance is correcting and the shade keeps adjusting.

Edited by Levithian

I think it safe it say, it won't be the joker

IMG_7192.thumb.jpg.821393b463813d625c3109e5f3f45587.jpg

But from seeing this in the park this morning, maybe it will be Bizarro

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I did post this in the Doomsday topic, but I wanted to post here too, because if you look at the colour of the Bizarro logo, it is very similar to the colour seen on the track. Not saying this confirms it, but thought it was interesting.

IMG_7191.thumb.jpg.7f7b261c3ce58f100d54b066fdc81570.jpg

I personally don't think they have fallen asleep. See, the only people an early announcement would please are coaster enthusiasts and sadly they are lacking in Australia. For the rest of Australia, advertising for a ride now, when it's not going to open for about six months, would be annoying. If I were not an enthusiast, I would probably look into the ride, find out it hasn't even been built yet, and then I'd probably forget about it and never think about it again. But say the advertising started hyping up maybe a month out from opening or even a little earlier, I'd probably plan a trip to Movie World. So I don't think they have fallen asleep, if anything they're doing a great job not messing up.

I personally think they should announce something (or at least begin promotions of some sort) these easter holidays. It will get people excited about whats coming this September, and could be a way to get people to come back then to ride it. That banner they had up towards the end of last year would be enough for now. Just something. Anything.

37 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

I personally don't think they have fallen asleep. See, the only people an early announcement would please are coaster enthusiasts and sadly they are lacking in Australia. For the rest of Australia, advertising for a ride now, when it's not going to open for about six months, would be annoying. If I were not an enthusiast, I would probably look into the ride, find out it hasn't even been built yet, and then I'd probably forget about it and never think about it again. But say the advertising started hyping up maybe a month out from opening or even a little earlier, I'd probably plan a trip to Movie World. So I don't think they have fallen asleep, if anything they're doing a great job not messing up.

total disagree with everything you say here.

I an enthusiast and I am not lacking.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.thumb.JPG.e87d9f1b2da1ba5b75abf99a983991be.JPG

Announced Feb last year.

@djrappa I have not seen all 207 containers in the country.

@djrappa What colour is it?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I would have thought some promotional stuff for the Easter Holidays would be beneficial so people are aware of a new ride and what it will be like, so an announcement and some in park (or outside of park) promotions.

I guess you could argue that it's obvious that a new ride is going in given the car park closure and equipment... but at least you are keeping people informed rather than them speculating.

Save the expensive television adds, billboards etc for when it is closer.

52 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

See, the only people an early announcement would please are coaster enthusiasts and sadly they are lacking in Australia. For the rest of Australia, advertising for a ride now, when it's not going to open for about six months, would be annoying.

There's an audience of several hundred thousand VIP pass holders who are coming up on annual renewal who might have a good idea that something's being built, and a wider audience of a few million people in the SEQ region who might be considering purchasing an annual pass. The annual model means that the perceived maximum value in the product for consumers is at the start of the season so that's when they should be driving the message.

Right now it's not about appeasing a few impatient enthusiasts; we're well outside of the norm for marketing a major attraction like this.

Aside from a few clunky mentions of "magic" and "now" in online ads and the like, the major 2017 marketing campaign really hasn't commenced. They briefly mentioned the coaster in the recent press release for VIP passes so I'm sure it'll factor heavily in the campaign... despite "the magic can be yours now" not really being the best choice of messaging when you're spruiking an attraction that isn't due for about six months.

As for the missing track. It makes no sense for Mack Rides to fabricate every piece of track, store them on site, stack them into containers and then ship them in one hit. The logistics and coordination required there would be astronomical considering their factory would function as production lines with separate crews working on raw materials, welding, grinding, painting, QC, logistics etc. It makes much more sense to fabricate, fill containers and ship progressively. Keep in mind too this is the biggest ride they've ever built and it's a company with a several-year waiting list; with many projects on the go I can't imagine space to store parts is unlimited at their end.

1 hour ago, Intimidator305. said:

So what about all the people from out of state or international. They require time to plan for trips, both to get leave and make arrangements. A last minute advertisement strategy would work for locals but not so much when you are dealing with people who need to book trips months in advance. The longer they wait, more and more people are becoming unable to get leave from work or make plans to go elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, strop said:

It's definitely pinkgenta!! ?

This colour is starting to drive me mad... What the hell is it? I've seen it in person and it is not pink, gf agrees.

3 hours ago, Smeg said:

Maybe the hold up is that they opened those first few containers and thought oh shit that's more Pink than we ordered so they opened another one to check and it was the same ?? send them back lol

Lol

2 hours ago, Smeg said:

I guess bizzaro would sound cool for a coaster name even if u didn't know who it was. Makes it sound like the coaster is a wild ride

Agreed. Bizzaro for those who know is awesome (except superman) and for those who don't know probably sounds awesome anyway.

It also goes well with "it's good to be bad" theme.

1 minute ago, YLFATEEKS said:

If your name is Meg, this is your answer. 

Hi Meg, thanks for your enquiry. At this stage we don't have any updates on the new coaster, look out for the announcement on our Facebook page and website soon! - Alaisdair from Warner Bros. Movie World

I hope it is soon like a few days- 1 week

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic