1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

24 minutes ago, Mox said:

But wasn't the coaster organised in 2015 (I saw 2015 on a box for hyper coaster parts?)?
I doubt they have that much contact with DC Comics to organise rides. I mean they do, because of licensing and representing characters correctly and effectively. But I doubt this.

I also doubt it will be based on a villain, I don't really care what they call it, just can't wait to ride it!

14 hours ago, Mox said:

But wasn't the coaster organised in 2015 (I saw 2015 on a box for hyper coaster parts?)?
I doubt they have that much contact with DC Comics to organise rides. I mean they do, because of licensing and representing characters correctly and effectively. But I doubt this.

Here's the thing - when they are planning the ride, they'll naturally consider the theme, as they need to choose colours etc. Any new ride is probably going to need conversation \ negotiation with DC regarding what theme they wish to use, so that it can be added \ negotiated onto their license.

During that negotiation, the likely time of opening \ construction would be known, so if DC had been planning any changes to the character, they would need to advise them at the time.

That said, paint \ colour scheme wouldn't have had to be that far in advance, so even if the change was known in say June 2016, there was still plenty of time to change artwork and colour scheme before shipping.

Well they did just announce that Josh Wedon will write and direct a Batgirl movie. But that was literally announced last week and came out of left field, so it won't be Batgirl. 

I still think the Joker is a strong chance, let's see if we get a green train... 

if not Joker it only leaves Bizarro Which is a bizarre choice for him, or potentially a generalised theme, such as "Battle for Gotham" that isn't themed to an individual property 

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Even thou we haven't come to a consonance with the coaster final theme I'm having trouble thinking what will MW do to an open station to theme it up besides what they did to GL.  Any ideas?

Easy.

• Equip each guest with a set of VR glasses as they enter queue
  • Emulate an amazing entrance theme environment depending on the selected theme using VR
  • Add a 4D effect by hosing down and slapping guests as they make their way through, few kicks in the butt to keep guests on the edge and the line flowing
  • Assist guest in removing jewelry and other valuables in the process by employing unemployed pick pocket ERS.
  • Remove VR glasses off guests upon entering the ride and being seated...
  • Equip VR glasses once again after the guests depart the train and proceed to take them into a gifts warehouse, where their previously confiscated property is cleverly disguised via VR as low cost or free store items.
  • Remove VR glass once again before guests leave the gift warehouse and proceed to throw them out of a replaceble glass window for added effect and WOW factor.

Or

What they did to GL

Edited by Fultre

1 hour ago, Fultre said:

Easy.

[snip]

• Add a 4D effect by hosing down and slapping guests as they make their way through, few kicks in the butt to keep guests on the edge and the line flowing

UNITED AIRLINES themed coaster COMFIRMED.

In seriousness, unless they're going to tear up the former driveway and build a decent queue, I can't see it being much different from GL.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Only 21 years after the latest film and 8 after the failed tv show...  Oh and the rumours 3 years ago about a new film...

Yeah but Sammy J is currenty touring his whole new show about The Phantom.

Medium sized Australian Musical comedians is enough to base a ride off The Phantom hype right?

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic