1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Well TPSN believes it'll be themed to The Phantom...

ha..

And all this time, I thought TPSN was connected.........................................................

I'm sure @Richard will put up the latest Village results so I won't double post it.  I just wanted to draw people’s attention to the invisible marketing campaign for the new coaster.

"VRL firmly believes that the Theme Parks division will return to normal levels over time following key marketing campaigns and the introduction of new attractions."

I willing to call Village out on their non-marketing campaign as the biggest balls up of the year.

Edited by Skeeta

25 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I predict an announcement either on 1st May, or within a few days either side of that.

I expect it to be themed to Wonder Woman.

I have no certainty on this, but due to several things I saw at Movie World today, those are my predictions at this stage. Make of it what you will!

What are the things you saw in the park that has convinced you of this?

2 hours ago, Redboost said:

My daughter thought of something unexpected - could this possibly be a sinestro coaster to combat the green lantern coaster?

Another character to add to the list of themes for the coaster. One I definitely didn't think of. I'm fairly sure he does feature in the queue area of GL, and could be possible.

Sinestro was mentioned early on when the first track arrived.

again though, its a minor villain not known to anyone outside of readers of the Lantern comics, those who watched that terrible movie. 

Hes not the basis for the best coaster ever built in a country. 

The colours have no resemblance to ANY Wonder Woman imagery. 

Some people here know what the theme is and are keeping lips sealed (rightly so), I am not one of them, but for me it's either a generic/non-individual character themed, or it's The Joker. That's it. 

My money is still on Bizarro. Give it dark purple trains and you've pretty much nailed the colour scheme.

2629158-bizarro_by_piinksummer07.jpg

Joker makes more sense if we don't look at the colours. He's popular, everyone knows him. Except I'd be expecting a dark purple and green colour scheme, not pink and grey.

I think two-face could still be a possibility - the pink probably matches him the best, but the grey I'm not too sure where it fits. I'm liking this one more and more as I think about it - the colour scheme fits better than the Joker, and he's reasonably well-known as well, being in two batman movies.

two-face-new-header.jpg

Sinestro is possible but I don't know why they would've used grey supports. He's not too much of a minor villain, he's a pretty major GL villain, and putting it next to GL makes sense. Although overall he would still be one of my lower picks for the theme.

It's definitely not Wonder Woman.

Edited by Santa07

This ride is probably going to become the new main attraction of the park, and I was hoping that the main ride would be themed to DC's main character, Superman. I thought they could possibly re-theme superman escape to the flash, which makes sense as it's fast. Although the pink track suggests none of this is going to happen, so its probably going to be themed to suicide squad.

I think if it is themed to suicide squad, this could explain why it is taking so long for a proper announcement to happen. After the dreamworld incident just last year, would it be appropriate to have a new ride's name have the word 'suicide' in it? If it is themed to suicide squad it could be causing some headaches as to what to call it.

Superman isn't DC's main character, that's Bats. Commercially, Batman is a more valuable and successful licence. 

There is no way they will be re-theming SE. There is better chance of this being the Barney The Dinosaur Coaster than SE being re-themed. 

SS has been discussed in the early days as a possible theme, seems highly unlikely to me as a theme, and that has no reflection on the DW accident, it's just a poor theme 

13 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Superman isn't DC's main character, that's Bats. Commercially, Batman is a more valuable and successful licence. 

There is no way they will be re-theming SE. There is better chance of this being the Barney The Dinosaur Coaster than SE being re-themed. 

SS has been discussed in the early days as a possible theme, seems highly unlikely to me as a theme, and that has no reflection on the DW accident, it's just a poor theme 

Good points raised, Idk, it thought that maybe it might be cool to have a flash ride, and my thoughts where probably very unrealistic although what do you think the theme of the ride will be?

42 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Honestly Suicide Squad is a much better theme then any off the other possibilities. It gives the widest scope. Has market knowledge and is highly customisable to the parks needs. 

3 minutes ago, CruiseSF said:

Honestly Suicide Squad is a much better theme then any off the other possibilities. It gives the widest scope. Has market knowledge and is highly customisable to the parks needs. 

It's also a pretty average rated movie. 

3.5/5 on Rotten Tomatos

6.3/10 on IMDB

Compare that to Batman Dark Knight Rises

4.3/5 on Rotten Tomatos

8.5/10 on IMDB

Give it a year or less and most people will have all but forgotten about Suicide Squad whereas Batman and associated characters will still be just as popular as ever. IMO the safer bet is some kind of Batman themed coaster. 

44 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

It's also a pretty average rated movie. 

3.5/5 on Rotten Tomatos

6.3/10 on IMDB

Compare that to Batman Dark Knight Rises

4.3/5 on Rotten Tomatos

8.5/10 on IMDB

Give it a year or less and most people will have all but forgotten about Suicide Squad whereas Batman and associated characters will still be just as popular as ever. IMO the safer bet is some kind of Batman themed coaster. 

Except Suicide Squad is getting a sequel and is have character spin off's. Aka Harley Quinn is already locked in for multiple movies,  3 or 5 movies I believe. Also a bunch of Suicide Squad characters are Batman characters. The two big characters from the suicide squad series are batman villains and they are pretty much locked in for everything suicide squad related. Meaning a Harley Quinn ride can be batman and suicide squad at the same time. 

Edited by CruiseSF

Yeah, but you're already talking about splitting the Suicide Squad up to focus on Harley. 

I'm saying as a whole, Batman has more longevity and marketing power than Suicide Squad. I mean hell, most of SS advertising was just "check out how hot Margot Robbie is in short shorts". 

Hmm.... an advertising campaign seemingly not taken seriously and doing any actual work to promote the product..... did Movie World hire the creative agency behind the Suicide Squad advertising? 

21 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

Yeah, but you're already talking about splitting the Suicide Squad up to focus on Harley. 

I'm saying as a whole, Batman has more longevity and marketing power than Suicide Squad. I mean hell, most of SS advertising was just "check out how hot Margot Robbie is in short shorts". 

Hmm.... an advertising campaign seemingly not taken seriously and doing any actual work to promote the product..... did Movie World hire the creative agency behind the Suicide Squad advertising? 

The thing with Harley was not just because she was being used as sex symbol. She is the most known character from the squad. So they focused on her. Suicide Squad does not have a constant character base and can change in any appearance. The constant characters are Deadshot and Harley.

Essentially Suicide Squad can be considered like Arkham. You are not always going to have the same characters at Arkham but you see multiple ones over and over again. Aka the joker. They could easily make it more based around a character but being the series theme. Easily throwing Batman in there if you want to. But Suicide Squad will be around for a long while now. 

Edited by CruiseSF

Look, I didn't mind SS as a movie. It's not a bad movie at all, just suffers from introducing the audience to about 15 new characters that have had no prominence in film or tv previously (except Joker). It also suffers from a poor major 'villain' in Enchantress.

It was popular enough to get immediately greenlit for a sequel, and spin off movies for Harley & potentially Deadshot on the strength in their portraying actors performances. 

In saying all that, I still don't think it is an easily marketable theme for a coaster. We have a villains precinct, a "generic" villains based Coaster in AA, do we need another "collective villains" coaster? 

I still have no idea why it's not red/yellow and themed to The Flash, it seemed a perfect choice for mine. Maybe there was a special on magenta paint...

14 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I still have no idea why it's not red/yellow and themed to The Flash, it seemed a perfect choice for mine. Maybe there was a special on magenta paint...

I totally agree, Flash and Wonder Woman just make so much sense... yet they didn't go with either of them? Both have movies coming out soonish (well, very soon in the case of WW, a little further down the track yet for Flash though), both are very well-known characters (not only are they major members of the Justice League, people should know WW after BvS and if not that then this year's movie, and Flash from the TV show which is pretty popular), they both seemed like the perfect choices...

And yet they didn't go with either one.

There's thinking outside the box, and then there's thinking so far outside the box you lose logical sense. Not going with an obvious theme makes me wonder how far outside the box MW have really gone.

4 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I think they didn't make it flash themed was because it's based after flash in China. So I think they wanted to do stuff to make a difference.

99.9% of people in Australia would have zero clue of a single ride in China, who Mack Rides is, or that there is Flash Coaster somewhere else. 

99.9% of people in Australia also have f**k all idea the best ride in the history of the country is being built either... 

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic