1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

16 hours ago, themagician said:

Why would they install a coaster, and then suddenly decide to repaint it all. What a waste of time and money. The colour and theme would've been decided a long time ago, as the manufacturing process of the track pieces needed to start. I doubt they would've changed the theme because of the DW incident, and in all honestly, despite being an unusual choice at first. This colour is awesome. It looks great, stands out, and supports match it. And I'm sure whatever the theme is, it will match perfectly well with it, as people have said. Bring on the announcement 

I am pretty sure the track wouldn't have been painted when the Dreamworld incident occurred. Had Movie World wanted to change the theme then (or anytime in the couple of months since then) they could have changed the colours before painting even began.

9 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I am pretty sure the track wouldn't have been painted when the Dreamworld incident occurred.

SURE:

• Completely confident that one is right.
  • True, beyond any doubt
  • able to be relied on or trusted
  • showing confidence or assurance

So when did you make the trip to the manufacturing plant? How are you so certain that painting wasn't done at that time?

It's not like repainting superman escape in situ. You're dealing with bare steel that has also been welded. There would be several coats of paint to go on, and each would need curing. Additionally, there are hundreds of pieces that required painting - both supports and track. They don't just line every single piece up and then hit them all at once with a giant spray gun. Each piece needs to be maneuvered into a spray booth for each coat. Take a look at the time it takes them to move a single piece from the carpark to the coaster site.

Now multiply that by the number of pieces, and multiply again by (probably) base coat \ rust protectant, and then likely two topcoats at the very least.

10 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Had Movie World wanted to change the theme then (or anytime in the couple of months since then) they could have changed the colours before painting even began.

Shipping from Germany is approximately 43 days, give or take. This would suggest, based on when parts first arrived, that they would have departed Germany sometime in February.

Many construction trades shutdown for a month around Christmas both in northern and southern hemispheres. Now this is all assumption talking out of my ass, but i'm "pretty sure" Germany probably did too - and not to mention, that it was Winter over there - a time when paint drying \ curing in cold weather takes longer than when its out in the hot tropical sun.

So, given we've got about 3 months between the incident and shipping, and we probably lost about a month with holiday periods and festive seasons, and the cold weather prolonging drying times - I would suggest that IF painting hadn't commenced at the time of the dreamworld incident, it would have commenced VERY SOON AFTER.

On reflection though, i'll just take your post the same way you intended your Pirates of the Caribbean post, and just chalk this up as another one of your stupid, very unfunny jokes.

ahhhhh.... that feels better.

I think a bit of comedy/light heartedness wouldn't go astray.  Do away with all the 'tough guy' characters

A My Little Pony Ride.  The front of the train can be the ponies happy face with googles on, the sides can be blinged up with bedazzles etc and the back can be it's tail flapping around in the wind.

Super pink, super girly, even a little bit cheesy = cool.

Anyway, back on topic.... the ride's looking good.  I'm yet to go down there since any track has been put in place so sill have to go for a look soon!

14898507?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Edited by mission

45 minutes ago, mission said:

I think a bit of comedy/light heartedness wouldn't go astray.  Do away with all the 'tough guy' characters

A My Little Pony Ride.  The front of the train can be the ponies happy face with googles on, the sides can be blinged up with bedazzles etc and the back can be it's tail flapping around in the wind.

Super pink, super girly, even a little bit cheesy = cool.

Anyway, back on topic.... the ride's looking good.  I'm yet to go down there since any track has been put in place so sill have to go for a look soon!

14898507?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Not really movie characters are they!

7 hours ago, Inverted said:

Found these colours interesting in the new Warner Bros Blade Runner movie due out soon.

Screenshot_20170510-072759.png

Screenshot_20170510-072821.png

I actually think this is a very good suggestion. Despite everyone being sold on the ride being themed to DC comics, the pink/grey colours don't seem to quite fit any of the upcoming DC adaptations, and the early October release date aligns perfectly with a September school holidays opening for the coaster. Blade Runner also appeals to an older audience so it makes sense to theme an intense ride to a more adult friendly franchise. 

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic