102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

Can't be a Blade Runner themed ride - this thing's been rumoured on here to have a fairly simple station and queue. A Blade Runner themed ride without an awesome station, queue and pre-ride would be a travesty.

A very basic description - imagine a future like the one in the Fifth Element, but grittier, darker and desaturated in general colour. Flying Cars, high rises, pollution, constantly raining... Here's a decent fan made trailer of the original.

Blade Runner would be a great ride theme, but it'd need a lot more themeing than it's looking like we're getting. Where the hyper's going in it's almost impossible for it to be themed anything other than DC. As we've been discussing for months...

25 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Can't be a Blade Runner themed ride - this thing's been rumoured on here to have a fairly simple station and queue. A Blade Runner themed ride without an awesome station, queue and pre-ride would be a travesty..

Not having a fancy queue/preshow/station and elaborate themeing isn't a reason to discredit this as a possibility? Pretty sure that with the millions this thing has already costed there was never much of a plan to go over board with other things. 

As this is the single biggest investment on an Australian Theme Park ride, all it needs is a equally strong title for the Public to recognise it. Don't get me wrong- I would prefer to see an immersive lead up to the ride but in this case it isn't needed.

I think a blade runner theme would be awesome (haven't seen the movie, but I've heard nothing but good things and it's definitely a movie I want to watch), but I would be pretty underwhelmed if it wasn't themed to a really high level.

At least with a DC theme, they can lightly theme it and make it "comic-y", like the case with Green Lantern. Although that is still underwhelming, it's not as much as it would be with blade runner.

37 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Wowsers, that's a hell of a stretch @AlexB haha. Comical though.

LOL @Brad2912  I thought @AlexB had been kidnapped by @pushbutton and I held grave concerns for him.

2 minutes ago, Jevin said:

I think the Blade Runner suggestion has hit the nail on the head. The colour scheme matches perfectly.

IMG_6869.PNG

No it doesn't

I did post the photos of blade runner.  However I don't think it will be the theme.   Even big bosses of movieworld recently said that DC theme stuff is a more timeless and dosent age as quickly as one off movies like the recent madmax.   It also doesn't sell as well to public.

I'd like to see it themed to DC sirens.   Catwoman, Poison ivy and Harley quinn. The pink/magenta coaster could tie the feminine theme together.   Also to keep the theming interesting without going nuts I'd do 3 viewing rooms in the queue with statues like poison ivy in the villian area. But have a section for each character.   Add a speaker and voice changer and have staff make fun of the public from the characters perspective.   Always funny to be told your hat is ugly etc from a statue your not expecting to talk to you.     Simple to do.  Fun and interactive.  

As for having big name characters needing grand theming.  Batman's ride currently in the park has almost zero themeing,  And that name doesn't get much bigger for WB and DC.

If I was able to blank canvas the project I'd would have liked it to be a Batman ride.  I think the Mack trains look like a little like batman tumber at the front.   The two biggest coasters in the park would be the two biggest DC names and before anyone says they wouldn't do two batman themed rides,  It didn't stop them putting in batwing when they had the batman motion sim.

But!    It's fuschia!!    

Still looks good.    I'll stop rambling now.

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

Am I the only one making the connection and thinking blade runner = oscar pistorius = no legs = smiler incident = not a great image for the mind...

Oscar-Pistorius-3.jpg

...and let's not forget the whole shooting your girlfriend thing.... 

Yeah to be honest. That's up there with the morons that would have a problem with suicide squad because of dreamworld for me. 

Not callinb you a moron, but the connection is moronic. 

7 hours ago, Ninja said:

Was an attempt at some light-hearted humour. Maybe you need a Tampax, a panadol and a little lie down 

As was mine... maybe you need a cuddle from mummy and some Ritalin

7 hours ago, Reanimated35 said:

Well we don't know if he's wrong. 

No we don't. But 2 major rides in the same park themed to Asylum's seems a little...

crazy...

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

As was mine... maybe you need a cuddle from mummy and some Ritalin

Not only does this comeback not really make any sense, it's so bad that it's actually funny 😂

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George has a terrible comeback "yeah well the jerk store called and they're all out of you!"

6 hours ago, Phantom69 said:

Could it be themed after DC's short lived Phantom comic books. GL Themed to the comic book version

I don't think a comic that has been running for over 80years could be considered short lived, phantom has been around longer than Superman. 

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic