1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

@mission I think you are way off tbh...

I know i was begging my parents to take me on holidays to Qld to go on WWW when it opened, and SDSC. And they were trips we made. Instead of going to Melbourne or some other destination, the promotion of a new exciting ride that would make their kid/young teenager happy is what made my parents decide on the location of our holiday. Most of my friends were in the same situation. 

I think the vast majority of family holidays are planned around what will keep the kids entertained, and theme parks play a major deciding part in that discussion in most households 

28 minutes ago, stellaclose said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the Wonder Woman film is released in Australia on June 1st. I believe this is the coaster theme and think Movie World will make an announcement to coincide with its release. So expect an announcement then.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/releaseinfo

It certainly has been discussed a lot here Stella. It's even an option in the poll in this very thread.

I love how every time some tiny bit of WW stuff comes to the park everyone jumps to the conclusion that the coaster will be themed to WW.

Here's the thing.

There's a WW movie coming out in like one week, of course the park would be doing WW-y things

I'm really getting sick of people jumping to conclusions like this. It won't be WW-themed, I'd say it's probably a good 3% chance that it is honestly. Can we just stop this Wonder Woman speculation.

Just now, Santa07 said:

I love how every time some tiny bit of WW stuff comes to the park everyone jumps to the conclusion that the coaster will be themed to WW.

Here's the thing.

There's a WW movie coming out in like one week, of course the park would be doing WW-y things

I'm really getting sick of people jumping to conclusions like this. It won't be WW-themed, I'd say it's probably a good 3% chance that it is honestly. Can we just stop this Wonder Woman speculation.

Sorry. I didn't think of it like that.

5 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

We can't look at everything in the park that's new or close to the track colour, there's too much coincidence. I saw on Monday:

- Supergirl cape;

- Tweety;

IMG_8441.thumb.JPG.94856617cab7a32247d0f92a2e1705b6.JPG-DC Bombshells;

IMG_8447.thumb.JPG.9eac40c89010fa480aca3cee4f384639.JPG

- Yes, Wonder Woman; even

IMG_8431.thumb.JPG.0c112f82e16480027e2b2be1d9c5820d.JPG

- Jimmy Hendrix. 

Its pointless looking in the park at the moment.

So, Jimmy Hendrix themed coaster confirmed? 

• 2 weeks later...

Micechat recently released a photo update about a new Wonder Woman ride that has just opened at one of the six flags parks. Some of the images closely resemble the track colour but it could just be the angle as I would imagine it should be red. I could also just be reaching for new information! What do you think?

SpUpdate-1246.thumb.jpg.638533c3be93992f5d38c5f82dbb0766.jpg

Credit from and more images here:
http://micechat.com/162154-bay-area-parks-update/

2 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

It would be a shame if MW didn't take advantage of the WW hype that is about  to descend.  97% critic positive on Rotten Tomatoes, I'm at least feeling releaved that DC have FINALLY achieved a Masterpiece to challenge Marvel.

The hype train can derail pretty quickly. 

MW may not want to attach an 'uncertain' theme to the best coaster in the southern hemisphere. 

I don't know if you can call Wonder Woman an uncertain theme though.  Even if the movie was a dud it'd still be a safe theme.  I've been saying since the start a big DC hero, either Wonder Woman or Flash would've been perfect, the fact that against the odds DC have turned out a good movie for a change doesn't change affect whether a character is timeless or not.

Superman Escape opened just before the Superman Returns movie was released and those two things are incomparable. The movie wasn't that good, while the ride is fantastic. SDSC is a great ride and is based off the film, which wasn't that great. So whether the theme is WW or not, if the movie is or isn't good, it won't effect peoples perspective on how good a ride is.

25 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Yeah.. better stick with Suicide Squad instead then huh? Or maybe something like Bizarro, a theme that nobody has heard of?

Meh.

I never said it was going to be themed to either of them. 

15 minutes ago, joz said:

I don't know if you can call Wonder Woman an uncertain theme though.  Even if the movie was a dud it'd still be a safe theme.  I've been saying since the start a big DC hero, either Wonder Woman or Flash would've been perfect, the fact that against the odds DC have turned out a good movie for a change doesn't change affect whether a character is timeless or not.

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

Superman Escape opened just before the Superman Returns movie was released and those two things are incomparable. The movie wasn't that good, while the ride is fantastic. SDSC is a great ride and is based off the film, which wasn't that great. So whether the theme is WW or not, if the movie is or isn't good, it won't effect peoples perspective on how good a ride is.

I mean uncertain in the sense that things like Superman have been around forever (as has WW) however there's a lot more movies/TV shows and general knowledge in something like Flash or Batman than there is in WW. 

(Not saying Flash or Batman is the theme, just using them as an example).

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic