102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

The space probe campaign started LONG before the ride opened.

It was an ultimate teaser campaign. The fact that the ride was sponsored by ch 7 and the initially teaser featured their logo meant nobody new if this was a new show, a movie, or what it was. 

Later into the campaign there were hints this was a ride or something. 

Once major hype was established the Wonderland logo FINALLY appeared. 

Safe to say we all couldn't wait to ride!!!

Nowdays campaigns are very literal and they can't help but splash the park logo on from the get go so there is much less mystery and hype. 

Fun fact, Lynton Harris was responsible for Space Probe. 

38 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

I don't think j was around then or if I was, I wasn't into parks. What made their campaigns so great?

At the risk of derailing the thread, and hoping that perhaps one of the mods might split this off separately....

The best source of info for SP7 is actually the Wonderland History group on facebook - find them here

sp7-1.thumb.png.1285b3895da49d132ae9ffee6e1125fc.pngsp7-2.thumb.png.aaa48e25ecb6a8d9d1897d28ebebe532.png

sp73.thumb.jpg.8e2ee05fc676bd3402d81d9443b73526.jpgsp74.thumb.jpg.45f61b545abb1400de14ac0b6ee1a45c.jpg

Just remember that this was a teaser, and not an announcement. Out of the images @Skeeta showed, Storm was definitely a teaser, while the other three, especially GL, were more of announcements.

I do hope we are getting weekly teasers now until the announcement, in which case I'll be keeping a close eye on my emails and these forums today ;) 

Obviously the right colour scheme for a Wonder Woman coaster would be Red. As this colour is already in use by Superman Escape it couldn't be used. 

If this is a Wonder Woman coaster, I would expect an announcement very soon to tie into the films release in cinemas currently.

If we hear nothing, I would think we can rule Wonder Woman out...

46 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Why does the coaster colour have to match a character?  Maybe we need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

It doesn't need to, but if Green Lantern and Superman Escape match their known colours than one would assume the trend would continue.

Considering we have been across every DC character and they have all been found wanting, maybe this will buck the trend of tracks matching characters.  It could even be a possibility that the coaster is not based on a DC character.

Even if the coaster turned out to be Wonder Woman, the colour does not match.

I've been given a lot of info that I've been told not to share, but this was too good to pass up so I had to leak this info to you. 

Hyper Coaster station theming and name revealed:

Hyper.thumb.gif.f298f01bc78b3c0846acb203320fba8e.gif

Yes, I did download and install RCT1 just for that. Yes, that is Forest Frontiers, and Yes, that is the Crazy Caterpillar  

15 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Considering we have been across every DC character and they have all been found wanting, maybe this will buck the trend of tracks matching characters.  It could even be a possibility that the coaster is not based on a DC character.

Even if the coaster turned out to be Wonder Woman, the colour does not match.

Saw Wonder Woman on Thursday night and the track colour was nowhere to be seen. The lasso however did have a twisty coaster feel to it which would work if the track was a yellow/golden colour. But as Skeeta says maybe the colour doesn't have to match.

If it's not DC based but movie based I hope they weren't counting on this.

Quote from https://www.forbes.com/sites/dongroves/2016/02/25/village-roadshow-pictures-bets-on-three-potential-hollywood-franchises/#22958c4b3be4

A unit of the Los Angeles-based Village Roadshow Entertainment Group (VREG), VRP is making it a priority to unearth films which it believes are potential franchises.  Now the company is confident it has three titles which fit the bill:  David Yates’ The Legend of Tarzan,  Guy Ritchie’s  Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur and Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One, all co-produced with Warner Bros.

We see the future of film production as events and global franchises and films which have compelling reasons for people to leave their homes and go to the movies,” Graham Burke, co-chairman/co-CEO of Village Roadshow Ltd., which owns 47% of VREG, told Forbes. “We think our upcoming line-up delivers just that.

Guy Ritchie’s  Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur... SAY NO MORE🤔

Back on topic.. Having seen WW the other day, (LOVED IT!)  I am feeling this ride is not strictly for her. It's so great to see DC have FINALLY made a movie that is both Critic and Audience worthy - the perfect Super Hero Adventure that would be better featured as an off road dark ride (like Indiana Jones) imo than a Rollercoaster with minimal themeing.

What if it was to be a 'Superheros versus Supervillains' ride that features 'Goodguy' trains taking on the 'Baddies'  (somehow in the form of the Coaster track itself?

A chance to promote the JL Characters with currently little prominence such as Flash, Aquaman and WW that could feature in such a battle of Good vs Evil..

Thoughts?

Edited by MickeyD

11 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

I have a feeling that MovieWorld might announce it today since it is there 26th birthday. (50% Chance)

Well yes everyday has a 50% chance, as there are only 2 options - they either do or don't announce it. 

Though one could also argue that as opening day approaches the chances of an announcement also increase, but Movie World seems to want no one to know 😜

Edited by rac2703

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

Does anyone know what day of the week a park usually announces something big? A weekday seems more logical than a weekend, but I guess it's a theme park and it probably doesn't make too much of a difference.

It would normally be a weekday as more reporters/media are available. With an official announcement I'm sure they would want a 2min fluff piece on local news ect. I'd say it would be  Tuesday or Thursday announcement in the morning around 9 or 10.

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic