102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

I agree and thats why Suicide Squad overall is negative title for this huge ride. 

I do like your Battle for Metropolis Idea, Bring good and bad to this ride and make it the ultimate showdown. 

Maybe it'll have two trains,  with each cart representing characters. one the Justice league and the other the Joker, Lex and the gang. One ride you may be on the justice league cart fighting as superman, the next  your one the villian train in the joker cart fighting for evil. Sounds campy, but most ride storylines are.

Edited by Nateihendo

I think this could be a perfect oppurtunity to make it a Sinestro coaster. If they put the entrance in between JL and GL, then they could shorten the GL queue so it lines up with the new hypercoasters queue. This would mean they could market it as "pick your side, hero or villain" sort of thing. I think that would be awesome :D

This does support the rides colour,  

Dark supports for batman, pink/magenta for the Villains. Definitely gives off the notion that the Villains have escaped from Arkham and are running rampart in Gotham/ Metropolis. And Batman needs to recapture them, A worthy ride to the batman name.  

Edited by Nateihendo

Would be a lot simpler, and a lot cheaper just to retheme the ride. I don't know how long before the coaster opens theming starts being manufactured, but I would assume it doesn't take too long. I think if the ride was rethemed not too long after the DW accident (as in a matter of months) there would be no problems at all.

10 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

I think it's a fairly safe bet the 'themeing' will be as minimal as GL so I wouldn't expect that part will take long at all.

As much as I don't want want you to be right, I think this will be the case. I think the station, queue and entrance will be presented nicely, rather than have an all encompassing immersive theme and storyline.

38 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I think this is a joke, but with you @pushbutton I can never be too sure.

It's a simple matter of replacing the track with a different type of track, constructing a building around it, installing some animatronics and other themeing, and Bob's your aunty Mable!

Of course the opening date will still be September, but not this year. 2018 is more likely!

If @MickeyD has heard that the theme will make sense, then it will definitely be broader themed  or a Batman chases villains themed ride (or superman, or any other well known DC hero chasing a DC villain). Why? It makes no sense to have a 3rd ride in the park mainly themed to villains or a group of villains. It makes sense to make this ride themed to one of DC's main heroes, but it makes no sense to make a Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman or Batman ride pink. It doesn't make sense if Australia's biggest, most awesome roller coaster is themed completely to some not very well known hero or villain, whose suit or skin is the colour pink/magenta/whatever you want to call it.

3 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Is it too far fetched to think it will be transformed from a hypercoaster into a Pirates of the Caribbean dark ride prior to opening?

Waaaaay too far fetched. What makes you think Disney would allow Village the rights to a franchise initially based off a Disney ride?

6 hours ago, sam11 said:

Is it too far fetched to speculate that MW might repaint the entire ride before opening it?

Yes, too far fetched. If they were going to repaint, they'd have done it before installation. 

4 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Waaaaay too far fetched. What makes you think Disney would allow Village the rights to a franchise initially based off a Disney ride?

Yes, too far fetched. If they were going to repaint, they'd have done it before installation. 

I could fetch it even further I suppose. Maybe the reason they haven't announced the ride yet is that they aren't actually going to open it at all, and the current track being built is just a distraction from what they're really doing.

In reality, they're building a completely new theme park underground, below Movie World. It will open in 2050, and will be as big as the entire Gold Coast!

Nope? Ok. I can't do this anymore tonight!

Why would they install a coaster, and then suddenly decide to repaint it all. What a waste of time and money. The colour and theme would've been decided a long time ago, as the manufacturing process of the track pieces needed to start. I doubt they would've changed the theme because of the DW incident, and in all honestly, despite being an unusual choice at first. This colour is awesome. It looks great, stands out, and supports match it. And I'm sure whatever the theme is, it will match perfectly well with it, as people have said. Bring on the announcement 

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic