Australian Outback Spectacular & Ringers Western partnership

themagician

I'v never been to Australian Outback Spectacular - am I missing out?

I looked at tickets a while ago and (I think, I can't exactly recall) it added to about $400 for 2 adults and three kids, so passed.

I just looked $99 per adult so nearly $500 - anyway to get discounts as I wouldn't mind seeing it?

Edited by mission

Goto to surfers and sit through a bullshit seminar  for some discounts from those awful ticket seller mobs. 

In all reality $100 might sound like a lot but you have to think of it as buying dinner and drinks and tickets to a show, then it seems like a much better deal. 

I always get my Australian Outback Spectacular tickets through Groupon. Currently they're $79, and well worth every cent of it (although normally they're $69 through Groupon)!

I've lost count of how many times I've seen it.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

A new partnership has started today, replacing R.W. Williams. They are now with the Australian clothing company, Ringers Western. The sign on the roof showing the R.W. Williams logo has already been replaced with Ringers Western.

I've never heard of Ringers Western, but I've known of RM Williams most of my life, even before I moved to Australia!

Still though. It really doesn't bother me.

Just realised the reason it's $79 on Groupon at the moment is that they're only offering tickets via Groupon for Saturdays. If you don't mind waiting a while, I'm fairly sure the $69 weekday tickets (which is what I've always bought) will be back soon enough!

Edited by pushbutton

Just be aware that there's a surcharge if you book a date that falls within the school holidays - I bought the $69 tickets last year through Groupon and then when I called up, was slugged an extra $30 per person because the dates I was booking for fell within the school holidays. Still a great show though and the unlimited drinks and decent food made for a great night out. It's a uniquely Australian experience and the service was great - the waiter remembered my drink every time when I needed a top up. Highly recommended!! ☺ 

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I'm trying to think if there's any other brand that also makes that type of clothing / hats that might be suitable as a replacement  (apart from going back to RM Williams of course).

Akubra possibly?

I would've just paid RM what they wanted in the first place.

I'm friends with a member of the Williams family (she's quite the performer) and I believe they divested themselves around the time the sponsorship dropped at AOS - im not sure it was as simple as paying some increased fees...

Akubra and Driza-Bone come to mind, but neither are a full-wear product. RM and Ringers both do full outfits from boots to hats, as well as saddlery and tack.

I'm sure there are many other products out there that fit that bill, but none of which have the depth that would make a partnership profitable for either of them.

Look, it was a partnership, not a sponsorship. Usually each benefits out of the deal.

What we know:

Ringers merchandise featured in the shops

Ringers clothing worn by AOS staff (although I presume not all of them - probably just the cast)

Ringers badging on the building, and other marketing placements.

What we don't know:

What AOS got out of the deal, other than clothing for their performers.

Who paid what, and when.

On 29/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, AlexB said:

Ringer's is a much more 'horsey people' brand than RM Williams. The general populace probably didn't see the value.

I’m gonna beg to differ on this one. Ringers is a marketing face selling poor quality cheap ass China made wears at large markup. 

RM despite is foreign ownership and diversification remains the iconic high quality Australian brand it always has been. The two don’t even compare IMO. 

• Like 1

I think you've misunderstood. I wasn't representing anything about Quality.

What I meant was that you'll find RMs from boardroom to Bourke. They are iconic. You don't have to own a horse to be familiar with the brand.

Ringers is a much more niche market - horsey people use the product (probably because its cheaper than RMs, and owning a horse will send you broke so buying RMs isn't usually an option)

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Australian Outback Spectacular & Ringers Western partnership