Movie World / Village Roadshow fence toppers

loki75

8 hours ago, ash.1111 said:

Just noticed the two end fence poles have a different top with VR and MW logos... wonder why?

I believe the MW sign is the new fence post light.

WP_20170422_13_22_17_Pro.jpg.9846fb65264f176acd392d046d58a6c2.thumb.jpg.39ead31c1dd64b73627a84ebf7dec3ee.jpg

@Reanimated35 even a good picture it is hard to see. 

I think it would be a mistake to use the sign to help guess the name of the coaster.

Edited by Skeeta

This area was an entry for the back-of-house and studios, so the fence top logo was an 'entry gate' decoration.

I believe this part of the fence will be removed, and the new fence will just join with the Green Lantern fence.

The fence top logo for the new coaster could be a bunch of these, but seeing as though GL has a ride specific fence topper, I suggest we'll see a themed top for this ride. 

(Urg, a day or two of no construction and we again talk about fences! :P)

Edited by Glubbo

13 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

This area was an entry for the back-of-house and studios, so the fence top logo was an 'entry gate' decoration.

I believe this part of the fence will be removed, and the new fence will just join with the Green Lantern fence.

I agree, and this wouldn't be used to access the studios any more as the coasters entrance and queue area will be there.

I think the logos look good, and making them 3D really adds to it, rather than a 2D image. And I imagine they will be lit up at night, which will look cool. I suppose it adds to the entrance as you drive into the park (If they do add them to the top of all of the fence around the coaster).

30 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Oh I wasn't aware of this, I thought it had just been done. Well whatever the fencing will be, I hope they put a bit more effort into it than they did with GL. I feel the GL fence is pretty meh. 

On 05/07/2016 at 9:59 AM, Theme Park Girl said:

Here's the new perimeter fence in question... Sorry they are a bit dark, the weather is nothing short of terrible today! 

20160705_093410.jpg

So I'm a doofus. The Fence in the photos by @loki75 are new. The pics from @Theme Park Girl last year show the fence not up yet. "Movie World" and "Village" Fence Toppers it is.

Edited by Glubbo

58 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Yep. And maybe,  just maybe, it's an initial indication that our new rollercoaster may very well not be DC themed, afterall? 😆😉👍

But wouldn't that mean it would be more of a generic movie theme because of that? Would be a really dodgy cop-out of a theme if they did do that - not the sort of thing I'd expect MW to do.

Or - they could just announce the coaster so we don't have to keep on playing "guess the theme" by looking at fence toppers.

There have been a bunch of rumours floating around as to what it's going to be and pretty much all the suggestions have been awful.  For a ride that would have so obviously been perfect to be themed to one of the top tier hero's they've managed to get themselves into a rather strange place creatively with a massive magenta coaster.  It's almost at the point where they're better off too announce the coaster and have a competition to see if the public can figure out what to do.  Maybe no one will scream sexism if a female member of the public calls it Wonder Woman.

As for the logos, yeah the park logos are good, the parent company corporate logo can piss right off.  I hate to break it to you Village Roadshow, but you're not a lifestyle brand, give up trying to put your logo on things.  Movie World is a stronger brand, and that's what'll make people excited when they come to the park.  No one cares about the logo of the parent company.

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

So let me get this straight... If the coaster was themed to something about movies at MOVIE WORLD it would be a cop out? Versus say picking a random character from DC and call it that?

riiiiiight

Yes, for me it would be, easy idea to come up with, would much prefer that they pick a DC character that gives the ride layout some sense and a proper storyline, instead of calling it the "Great Movie Coaster" or the "Village Roadshow Ride" or something. A twisted, intense hypercoaster would suit someone like the Joker far more than it would a movie cinema or production studio - even if there already are 3 other Jokers being build this year. It's why I think the Joker is a better name than Total Mayhem - gives the ride some more personality if you ask me.

Just my opinion on this. If they want a generic movie-studio themed ride, then bring back the tram tour or something.

39 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Yes, for me it would be, easy idea to come up with, would much prefer that they pick a DC character that gives the ride layout some sense and a proper storyline, instead of calling it the "Great Movie Coaster" or the "Village Roadshow Ride" or something. A twisted, intense hypercoaster would suit someone like the Joker far more than it would a movie cinema or production studio - even if there already are 3 other Jokers being build this year. It's why I think the Joker is a better name than Total Mayhem - gives the ride some more personality if you ask me.

Just my opinion on this. If they want a generic movie-studio themed ride, then bring back the tram tour or something.

I don't think anyone would want it to be generic!

15 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Unless they are running the Village and Warner Bros. signs alternative I’m thinking they have put them up side by side to compare then to each other.  If this is the case I hope they go with Warner Bros. sign. 

I would think they would be running them alternative, but if they are just comparing, I would definitely agree - who, apart from VR themselves, actually cares about Village Roadshow?

@themagician You should have stuck this photo up too.

18121262_1400375493355821_8692581001028740602_o.thumb.jpg.5036fb7d40c2bc7ec9aef3ac9772cd1c.jpg

This photo is by @themagician

Considering they have stopped installing any more @Santa07 I am still going with my idea of they are still deciding which way to go or they wanted to see them side by side before they gave them the go ahead.

Edited by Skeeta