Movie World / Village Roadshow fence toppers

loki75

25 minutes ago, red dragin said:

We've managed 147 pages about the coaster they won't acknowledge even exists (more if you factor in all the stuff that's been removed).

But they have acknowledged it. they've given quotes to media articles, they've made pre-announcement announcements about the impending announcement.

They haven't ANNOUNCED it, but that doesn't mean they haven't ACKNOWLEDGED it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

The Village sign is back on the post.  I didn't take any pictures because nobody wants to see my crap night time shots but both signs are now lit up at night.  The white light shines from under the capital.

Funny you should mention that...

Today: both back up, and both lit up around the base of the top. Click fullsize to see.

LITup.thumb.jpg.cb7e81e90450d49780414b0ef64aeaba.jpg

Unpopular opinion... but I like both logos for different reasons, MW is kind of nostalgic and gold looking which is cool, but I cant get over the sleek metalic simplicity of the VR logo which is actually more nostalgic for me than the MW logo, the number of times Ive watched a movie on video tape when I was a kid and it had the VR logo play before The Wiggles Movie or something was quite a lot, when I think about the film industry in Australia I would usually think of Village Roadshow and the old Village Cinema chain and drive-ins...

And then I would think of 'Screen Australia' haha

• 2 months later...

Here's a link if you'd like to try this on your fence at home.

Seriously, sweet baby jesus, I just realised these aren't being spaced out. In spite of probably creating another drama & being super unpopular with superiors at Village, i'm going to keep my integrity to be honest and say it's super garish and tacky having so many Village logos whacked on the front of the park like this.

I actually dig the Village logo, and the history and the brand as a whole, but c'mon, no one else in the entire industry takes it to this level. People would be pretty cranky if the Tower of Terror had an Ardent logo at the top of the tower, same goes if Universal had giant Viacom/Comcast branding on the sheets of all the beds in their resorts. I'm all for Village, an Australian company, being proud of their accomplishments, and I really like the little nods they have like above the front doors at AOS. It's nuanced while showing pride in their work. This though is akin to trying to force & co-erce corporate branding where it doesn't belong and drowning Movie World's brand equity in the process to achieve it.

The majority of them should be Movie World logos, not Village logos. It's Movie World, not Village Roadshow Theme Parks Oxenford Precinct featuring Warner Bros Intellectual Property and new DC Rivals HyperCoaster land.

I think if they were alternating between MW and VR then that would've been fine, but for me its just too much of the VR logo out the front. Maybe after the MW entrance sign they will be all MW, or will alternate. Or maybe it comes down to the cost. The MW seem like it would cost a lot more, so they just got more VR instead.