Degraded themeing on Wild West Falls

pushbutton

Given  Wild West Falls was closed for a fair period last year during which they were supposedly improving the themeing, it's disappointing that overall it's less impressive now than it was prior to this.

There are numerous elements either functioning poorly or not at all.

This also got me thinking though, given Village studios were heavily involved in the making of last years "Pirates of the Carribean", and that's a family friendly well known and enduring movie Village would need no license for as they own it, wouldn't it be brilliant if the ride was reimagined into a Pirates of the Carribean adventure.

It's already boat-based and I'm sure the mine and Indian village could be converted into scenes from the movie.

Also the queue shed could be decorated with some actual set pieces and costumes from the movie.

It could be a way to get a major "new" ride at relatively low cost.

There isn't a snow flakes chance in hell that WWF will get a Pirates of the Caribbean makeover.  I'm actually stunned that you think Village 'own' that movie and the rights to it just because Disney filmed bits of it at the studios.  

Even if they did, why spend millions to retheme an entire ride rather than spending a few hours of labour to fix what is really a bunch of small things?

Haven't been on the ride for a while, what's broken?

What's broken:

- The train whistle and explosion happens after you've seen the train track already damage

- The town population doesn't drop

- The guy going up the lift hill repeats him self about ten times while you are going up, and the audio jumps quite a bit

- Timing the effects in the town are out

The ride is closed for two months (26th June and will re-open 28th August 2017) for maintenance, so hopefully they fix all these issues then.

Also the wheel at the end no longer spins as there is no water pouring onto it, and the part that used to be a balcony balustrade collapsing followed by an invisible ghost resident falling into a barrel below it is now a permanently collapsed balustrade with a pathetic little splash in the water inside the barrel.

It's just disappointing, especially as it was better before it closed for supposed improvements.

Forgetting whatever might not be working for moment. Pushbutton are you actually insane? 

Or is it just you can't let a day to buy without gracing us with the keyboard vomit that is every post of yours?

honestly one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on here. 

I absolutely don't like this line of thinking. 

ParkChatLive was doing it last week.  They have a segment that goes something like you have unlimited money and you can do whatever you want to an Australian park. The other week they turned Dreamworld into Disney.  Last week the turned Sea World into California Adventure Park.  I believe Movie World is there next episode and going by their track record Movie World will become Universal Studios.

I, for one once would like somebody to come up with an idea that is not a copy.  What’s going to make Australian parks great is if they are different from any other theme park around the world.  Give somebody a reason to fly from another country to visit.

49 minutes ago, joz said:

There isn't a snow flakes chance in hell that WWF will get a Pirates of the Caribbean makeover.  I'm actually stunned that you think Village 'own' that movie and the rights to it just because Disney filmed bits of it at the studios.  

Even if they did, why spend millions to retheme an entire ride rather than spending a few hours of labour to fix what is really a bunch of small things?

Haven't been on the ride for a while, what's broken?

I'm stunned that you think I'm a movie expert just because I enjoy visiting theme parks!

16 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Forgetting whatever might not be working for moment. Pushbutton are you actually insane? 

Or is it just you can't let a day to buy without gracing us with the keyboard vomit that is every post of yours?

honestly one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on here. 

Apparently I'm not "allowed" to add you to my ignored users list. Shame about that, but I'll just ignore you the old fashioned way!

In future rather than waste your time hurling pointless insults at me, I suggest you likewise ignore my posts too!

Edited by pushbutton

I'm not a movie expert either, and I know that stuff.  I mean Pirates of the Caribbean is one of Disney's most famous dark rides and is what the whole series is based off, at what point did you think Village now own it?  It's a breathtakingly stupid thing to say, I did you a massive favour by skipping over it fairly quickly and changing the subject.  It's like saying they should replace Bugs Bunny with Mickey Mouse and then saying 'Oh well I'm no animation expert!'  

If you live on Earth you'd just know this stuff.  Do you live on Earth?

Disney own Pirates of the Caribbean.  The movies are actually based on one of the rides in their park.

BUT TimeWarner does own the rights to WestWorld on HBO.

I know it's not a movie, but It would be awesome to see that entire section of the park expanded into a WestWorld style experience - especially since the whole concept of Westworld is a futuristic theme park.

They could expand the western themeing, put some flat rides at the back of the park that have a small foot-print, and introduce an entire science fiction/robotics area.

They wouldn't need to do much to WWF, but they could leverage that into a WB franchise that isn't DC comics.

11 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

Disney own Pirates of the Caribbean.  The movies are actually based on one of the rides in their park.

I know it's not a movie, but It would be awesome to see that entire section of the park expanded into a WestWorld style experience - especially since the whole concept of Westworld is a futuristic theme park.

They could expand the western themeing, put some flat rides at the back of the park that have a small foot-print, and introduce an entire science fiction/robotics area.

They wouldn't need to do much to WWF, but they could leverage that into a WB franchise that isn't DC comics.

I quite like the idea of a science fiction section of the park. It could work with several attractions each based on a different Warner Brothers Sci-Fi movie.

We've been through this before. Just because you might have some parent company loosely affiliated with the rights to produce or distribute a movie, does NOT mean you have the rights to use it for marketing/sale and theme park use on your rides. They are two completely different things, often with different companies already having the rights.

13 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

Aside from the above, Wild west is already at the back of the park, its not far to paradise country car park and you can see the gates and the back of wild west from there. So im not sure where you mean by at the back of the park, especially now the sheds were built for fright night next to west and the studio sheds at the back.

35 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Last week the turned Sea World into California Adventure Park.

Obviously I think a Pier idea for Sea World would be pretty rocken because you know I came up with it, but the ideas for the water park both seemed pretty weak and unoriginal.  A soaring ride shoe horned in and more sharks, not Earth shattering stuff.  Not having a go at them but it's interesting that even the crazy blue sky stuff often isn't that ambitious or creative.

6 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Aside from the above, Wild west is already at the back of the park, its not far to paradise country car park and you can see the gates and the back of wild west from there. So im not sure where you mean by at the back of the park, especially now the sheds were built for fright night next to west and the studio sheds at the back.

Flat rides take up almost no space.  Look at where they squeezed BatWing SpaceShot, or where DW shoved Shockwave.

Fright Night sheds could be re-purposed for permanent WestWorld attractions (robotics or western), and additional Fright Night expansions could move into Studio 3 or 4 on the Film Lot.  Or they could build new areas into the footprint of SE or the new coaster.  If they really wanted more space they could expand right up to the edge of the PC car park.

I'm just throwing around ideas.  I know they won't implement them.  It's just nice to think about what MW could do with their existing assets that isn't another DC attraction.

40 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

I quite like the idea of a science fiction section of the park. It could work with several attractions each based on a different Warner Brothers Sci-Fi movie.

The photos below show a couple of areas which could accommodate two new attractions. Probably not enough space for rides, but certainly enough to add two very enjoyable new movie related experiences to replace two disused structures.

IMG_20170426_142420.jpg

IMG_20170426_142203.jpg

19 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

Flat rides take up almost no space.  Look at where they squeezed BatWing SpaceShot, or where DW shoved Shockwave.

Fright Night sheds could be re-purposed for permanent WestWorld attractions (robotics or western), and additional Fright Night expansions could move into Studio 3 or 4 on the Film Lot.  Or they could build new areas into the footprint of SE or the new coaster.  If they really wanted more space they could expand right up to the edge of the PC car park.

I'm just throwing around ideas.  I know they won't implement them.  It's just nice to think about what MW could do with their existing assets that isn't another DC attraction.

They moved out of studios because they couldn't utilise them anymore. They aren't even suitable for rides, not much higher than your regular shed at home, one isn't even enclosed, its more like a big carport. The park fence is literally behind west, the area directly behind it is a storage lake used to feed the park, im not quite sure how much room you think there is in this space.

You wanted space for a western area at wild west. That's not the same as finding space in another part of the park. Im surprised you didn't just disagree with them building doomsday if you want a western themed area. The park already had that, an area that probably took up 1/5th of the land space available, so what you wanted was more flat rides where doomsday iss. You wouldn't have even needed to change the town.

6 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

IMG_20170426_142203.jpg

West burgers is seasonal and is in use during holidays.

Edited by Levithian

Its also tiny and there's no land behind it, however the other side of the walkway has a surprising amount of space without even using the show stage (which you totally could)

The problem with a Sci Fi movie theme is how you tie a themed land together, there really aren't any WB Sci Fi franchises apart from Matrix (which NEEDS a ride if they're rebooting it) that could tie a futuristic land together.  Unless you just go generic future theme with rides leading off it for Passenger or whatever next years equivalent token Sci Fi film is.

1 minute ago, Levithian said:

They moved out of studios because they couldn't utilise them anymore. They aren't even suitable for rides, not much higher than your regular shed at home, one isn't even enclosed, its more like a big carport.

You wanted space for a western area at wild west. That's not the same as finding space in another part of the park. Im surprised you didn't just disagree with them building doomsday if you want a western themed area. The park already had that, an area that probably took up 1/5th of the land space available, so what you wanted was more flat rides where doomsday was. You wouldnt have even needed to change the town.

The studios are fine for Mazes - which is he main attraction of Fright Night.

I do disagree with the Doomsday area being put where it was.  I think all of the DC stuff would have been better clustered at the front of the park, with the back of the park being used for other WB franchises - like MadMax, of Westworld.

It's not that I want a western themed area, it's just a better use of the existing WWF ride theming.  They could have used that existing area and theming with a small expansion into a WestWorld attraction - something that is currently in production - rather than an 18 year-old movie that was a complete flop and most people under 30 would never have seen.

This thread is about the degrading WWF theming, and WestWorld is a current, popular franchise that TimeWarner owns, so if they were to re-theme it without completely destroying it this would be a good way to do it.

The building with west burgers in it is quite large and most of it is not related to the burger place. Also I've been watching it during the Easter holidays and haven't seen it open once.

Waste of space. If they want an occasional extra food outlet they could just use one or two of the stalls from Carnivale during busy periods. The space could be much better used.

Edited by pushbutton

11 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

The studios are fine for Mazes - which is he main attraction of Fright Night.

Mate - I know you're new here, so i'm going to be really really nice.

You're a fucking muppet. @Levithian has already said they CANNOT USE THE STUDIOS FOR FRIGHT NIGHTS.

This is WHY they built the sheds out near west. 

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

The building with west burgers in it is quite large and most of it is not related to the burger place. Also I've been watching it during the Easter holidays and haven't seen it open once.

Waste of space. If they want an occasional extra food outlet they could just use one or two of the stalls from Carnivals during busy periods. The space could be much better used.

Muppet. Muppet. Muppet.

Below is the west burgers building. You aren't worth my time with measurements and such, so i've included intencity for scale - as you can see, almost the entire building (if you exclude the skill games area at the top) will fit within the dodgem cars arena. Hardly 'quite large'.

Seriously - just shut the fuck up.

west burgers20170426150200.png

• rappa locked this topic