Degraded themeing on Wild West Falls

pushbutton

1 hour ago, wikiverse said:

Fright Night sheds could be re-purposed for permanent WestWorld attractions (robotics or western), and additional Fright Night expansions could move into Studio 3 or 4 on the Film Lot.

46 minutes ago, Levithian said:

They moved out of studios because they couldn't utilise them anymore.

32 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

The studios are fine for Mazes - which is he main attraction of Fright Night.

Ok - what would YOU call that?

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

I'm stunned that you think I'm a movie expert just because I enjoy visiting theme parks

I think where all still stunned that you still don't know how to use google mate.

Like seriously mate how hard is it to think?

"maybe before i go starting a new pointless topic, i should do some research first and see if there is even the slightest chance this chould even happen":blink:

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Mate - I know you're new here, so i'm going to be really really nice.

You're a fucking muppet. @Levithian has already said they CANNOT USE THE STUDIOS FOR FRIGHT NIGHTS.

This is WHY they built the sheds out near west.

Firstly, You're talking to two different people here.

And honestly, people are just having fun speculating about what COULD hypothetically be done to different areas of the park to utilise the WWF ride, as it currently exists, but with minor adjustments to the theming.  This thread is about the degrading WWF theming.

Also, The studios CAN be used for Fright Night - provided they aren't being used by a production like Pirates, or Thor. 

Just because they were booked by a production for 1 year during the halloween period, it doesn't mean they will continue to be booked during the same period in the future.

If VR really wanted to, they could relocate the Cutting Edge editing facility from the current building to a new facility on the other side of Studio 8, and then take over that space- plus Studios 1 and 2 - for the theme park.  Most big productions don't even use those studios for sets and filming - just for set/prop storage and wardrobe - because they are so close to two major roller coasters that you can hear them during takes.  The only things that have actually filmed in Studio 1 in recent years is Mako Mermaids (which ended after Season 3) and The Fear of Darkness (which didn't even get a theatrical release).

There is nothing stopping VR from expanding MW into the Studio area if they wanted to do. OR building a new Fright Night facility in the footprint of SE, or even within the footprint of the new coaster. 

They could even turn a Fright Fight shed into a permanent Laser-tag facility that can be transformed into a maze for Halloween - similar to what DW did with Kevil Hill. 

Honestly, there are hundreds of possible options or attractions that COULD be built at MW if they had the will and capacity to pay for them and there was a business case to justify the expansion.  My posts have just been about having fun imagining what I would love to see happen - which is all these forums are actually useful for.  So maybe you should calm down a bit, stop swearing at and abusing people, apologise, and stop pretending that any of this discussion actually matters or has any impact on VR's plans.

Edited by wikiverse

Right now when you read the name of this topic is does not reflect what @pushbutton

wanted to talk about.

2 hours ago, joz said:

Obviously I think a Pier idea for Sea World would be pretty rocken because you know I came up with it, but the ideas for the water park both seemed pretty weak and unoriginal.  A soaring ride shoe horned in and more sharks, not Earth shattering stuff.  Not having a go at them but it's interesting that even the crazy blue sky stuff often isn't that ambitious or creative.

I'm not having a go at ParkChat either.  I think they made the right move changing from a theme park site to a light-hearted chat show but I do cringe sometimes with some of the things they say.   Going to a couple of parks in America does not make you an expert.

Edited by Skeeta

@wikiverse

on the subject of Studio usage.. there is no access to the studios anytime soon...

Aquaman has the entire studios locked down until the back end of the year, at which point the studios are then closed down in prep for the commonwealth games that are utilising a couple of sound stages, so no production can happen during that period. From what I've heard, Disney was super impressed by the capabilities, ease of production and financial benefits of filming on the coast, its safe to say the days of sound stages sitting dormant for half a year are over, I doubt we'll ever see a FN maze in that location again. 

I wouldn't say NEVER @Brad2912 - if the studios \ VRL \ MW know that their regular stages are clear for the period necessary to host a maze, it might give them an opportunity to do an 'extra' every now and again.

The only point that needs to be made is that you can't rely on them to be available, and therefore you can't take the in-house facilities already designed for the purpose and use them for something else, or else you are back to square one.

Better to build a NEW purpose built facility for whatever ride, show or attraction you want to make.

Personally i'd like to see them revive the showstage with something before we start building new stuff out the back end.

@Brad2912 @AlexB

Given that Studios 1 and 2 are rarely used for Filming because of their size and sound issues, and are instead used for storage and Production Support (sometimes even office space), VR could just build more storage facilities to accommodate those productions - increasing the likelihood that 1 and 2 could be available for one month a year.

I agree that the showstage is wasted space, and it should be used.  But shows cost a lot of money because they require a lot of performers and technical staff.

That performance element is what is lacking in MW these days.  Batman Returns, Police Academy, Looney Tunes boat ride, Gremlins, Young Einstein Crooked House... they were all heavily performance based for at least part of the attraction.

Apart from Westworld, I can't think of any other WB western-based Films or TV shows that it could be re-themed to.

So you want the VRS to build a facility large enough to replace all the current Studio 1 & 2 functions, elsewhere, so that the park can use them for a month per year, so that the purpose built facilities THE PARK BUILT FOR THE SAME REASONS can be used for something else?

I disagree in terms of the 'cost a lot of money' part - set up costs are the big issue here, and showstage has much of what is needed already. Wonderland hosted an amazing illusion show in a vinyl tent, operated by 6 performers, 1 technician, and 1-2 backstage support staff. Operating costs are a fraction of those for a ride (which can be upwards of $1000 an hour - which is more like your wage cost for the day) - plus ushers.

Other than the core stage performers, the rest of your show crew don't add to your costs, because most of your ushers, stage techs etc are already on shift for the day due to HWSD, Parade etc.

i'll be happy with anything, so long as you stop suggesting WestWorld... firstly because I had to google it to even know what you were talking about, and secondly - because im sure you aren't suggesting they theme an attraction to the 1973 film, this tells me that you are suggesting a theme based on a series that only aired a little over 6 months ago. How about we give it a few seasons to ensure the writers can keep things fresh before we plow good real estate and good money after an attraction that hasn't proven itself beyond its first 10 episode season - especially when series 2 won't air for another 9+ months..

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

I'm not having a go at ParkChat either.  I think they made the right move changing from a theme park site to a light-hearted chat show but I do cringe sometimes with some of the things they say.   Going to a couple of parks in America does not make you an expert.

I agree - I really enjoy ParkChat because it's not super-serious and just a good fun show, although they do say things I don't necessarily agree with and make mistakes from time to time (some of them are incredibly cringy). Don't find that too much of a problem though because it doesn't detract from the show's fun nature.

Also

trainn.jpg

The old western town area wasn't used, and the only time it was, was during FN for the maze queue. Yes the villains area is seperate from the rest of the DC area? But I thinking out it with all the other major attractions would've have helped spread the crowd out. In this location it makes use of what was a wasted space, and allows crowds to spread out more.

I may be a bit late to the conversation but: 

1) I don't mind some of the issues on the Wild West Falls but some others do need to be fixed. By I don't mind I mean it's not going to make me hate the overall ride experience.

2) I think the Wild West Cafe is good, it takes the pressure off the Gotham Cafe particularly at Fright Night and lines weren't that long. 

3) I hope they keep the Fright Night sheds for Fright Night, I think the whole event runs well with the positioning of the sheds because you can enter both from WWF and Arkham. 

4) You gotta love ParkChat Live, it's great. 

@wikiverse

why would they re-build storage facilities to function in the same manner the repurposed sound staged were adequately doing? Why not just build a new maze/multipurpose area? Oh that's right, they just did that a year ago.

also, it's not about the 1 month that FN runs that makes the stages unavailable to production, it's the prior 2-3 months whilst the maze sets are built, and the month after whilst it's pulled apart, case in point the Dodgems area that is closed 4-5 months of the year purely for the use of 8 nights of fright nights..

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

@wikiverse

why would they re-build storage facilities to function in the same manner the repurposed sound staged were adequately doing? Why not just build a new maze/multipurpose area? Oh that's right, they just did that a year ago.

also, it's not about the 1 month that FN runs that makes the stages unavailable to production, it's the prior 2-3 months whilst the maze sets are built, and the month after whilst it's pulled apart, case in point the Dodgems area that is closed 4-5 months of the year purely for the use of 8 nights of fright nights..

37 minutes ago, AlexB said:

So you want the VRS to build a facility large enough to replace all the current Studio 1 & 2 functions, elsewhere, so that the park can use them for a month per year, so that the purpose built facilities THE PARK BUILT FOR THE SAME REASONS can be used for something else.

Other than the core stage performers, the rest of your show crew don't add to your costs, because most of your ushers, stage techs etc are already on shift for the day due to HWSD, Parade etc.

i'll be happy with anything, so long as you stop suggesting WestWorld... firstly because I had to google it to even know what you were talking about, and secondly - because im sure you aren't suggesting they theme an attraction to the 1973 film, this tells me that you are suggesting a theme based on a series that only aired a little over 6 months ago. How about we give it a few seasons to ensure the writers can keep things fresh before we plow good real estate and good money after an attraction that hasn't proven itself beyond its first 10 episode season - especially when series 2 won't air for another 9+ months..

I don't want VR do build anything.  There was a suggestion that there was no room for expansion at the back of the park to accommodate an expanded Western Theme because of the Fright Night sheds.  I was proposing an alternative in order to allow for an expanded area to accommodate more attractions in that area without major changes to WWF. 

Again, these are hypothetical suggestions just for the fun of it.  Not actual suggestions for what MW should do.  There seem to be a lot of people definitively saying 'you CAN'T do that', or 'it's not possible to do that', when anything is possible if you plan it and were willing to invest in it.  I'm not saying that MW will, or even should do it.  I'm saying what I would do or what I would like to see happen.

Also, Westworld is HBO's most popular series after Game of Thrones.  Given that WB owns no other current Western-themed films or TV shows, it is the best bet.  Even if people haven't watched it, they could still build an amazing themed experience around it that would incorporate WWF with some minimal theming changes to that ride.  Plus, you get Western theming and Sci-fi opportunities from a single franchise.

There are people in another thread seriously suggesting that the new coaster - the new flagship ride for the park - should be themed to Sinestro (a no-name character that GL fought one time).  Westworld is a much more realistic suggestion if MW were to redevelop that part of the park (which they won't).

After all, WWF is currently themed to a Movie that flopped 19 years ago.  It pre-dates every major attraction in the park except for Lethal Weapon - but even that has been re-themed.

9 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

There are people in another thread seriously suggesting that the new coaster - the new flagship ride for the park - should be themed to Sinestro (a no-name character that GL fought one time). 

There is people in this topic seriously suggesting "Pirates of the Carribean"

7 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I think sinestro is a pretty likely option now.

6 hours ago, Skeeta said:

I generally follow a few peoples' lead in Parkz.  If they are saying it, I wouldn't be man enough to go against them.

21 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

After all, WWF is currently themed to a Movie that flopped 19 years ago.  It pre-dates every major attraction in the park except for Lethal Weapon - but even that has been re-themed.

Doesn't have anything to do with the movie at all. The only part of that area that references the movie is a poster before the ride and the film clip from Will Smith in the queue. 

The ride also dropped the Wild Wild West name some time ago. 

Now the whole ride and area just has a more generic Wild West theme. Which WB produced many a film of that genre. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't WWF include other subtle clues to their WB Wild West films? 

Edited by Original

16 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

Also, Westworld is HBO's most popular series after Game of Thrones.

Re the 2 points above...

Westworld might be HBO's most popular series, but it's also in its infancy. In Australia it was only available on subscription tv, it's not on free to air, nor on any of Netflix/Stan etc. Until it gets a wider audience in Australia is a useless property to base a new area on

WWF was never 'themed' to the Wild Wild West movie. The queue house played rotating scenes and the theme song and they had a giant poster for the movie in the area, but the physical ride itself as no ties to the film, portrays no scenes from the film. It's a generic western Coaster. 

2 minutes ago, Original said:

^ And in adding to this, just looking it up, I'm guessing 'Rio Bravo Mining' on the ride is a nod to the 1959 movie called Rio Bravo starring John Wayne??

Yes. There's so extra to the story that I can't remember exactly, but I think it was that WWW was more marketable or something. Or maybe I'm imagining that was the story. 

33 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

I don't want Movie World to remove the theme, there's no reason to do such a thing. For me it was the first major-ish ride I went on as a kid. It doesn't really matter how old the theme of the ride is, it still does the trick and families alike love it. As they say 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and I think that's a good line in regards to suggestions of retheming.

I was going to reply to posts, but I think i got to 7 quotes and I realised this is stupid, so I've enlisted the help of Robert De Niro.

I think you can forget about the studios ever being a permanent fright night location. I was told they literally split the back of the park up with fencing to finally separate the studios. The park doesn't even have permanent access.

tumblr_llp002qyzt1qavmcho1_500.gif

Western themed futuristic robot city. No chance. Animatronics are extremely expensive and complicated. I wonder how much that cyborg in justice league cost; but to combine it with a number of them? plus control systems? plus outdoors? sunlight? and build it all in an existing ride?

JCGF.gif

Don't bank on westworld just yet. It's produced by the network with the biggest kill ratio in recent history.

tumblr_nmld2eORuJ1rmokuso1_500.gif

HBO is notorious for spending HUGE on tv productions looking for the next sopranos. The list of canceled big budget epics reads like a who's who of excellent television drama. You'll have to wait for season 2 to see what they do with it. Especially since they have the script for the final ending of deadwood.

3 hours ago, Original said:

^ And in adding to this, just looking it up, I'm guessing 'Rio Bravo Mining' on the ride is a nod to the 1959 movie called Rio Bravo starring John Wayne??

Design drew from other westerns, like rio bravo, el dorado, blazing saddles, etc too, but id take it all to be pretty liberal, ie, just pinched ideas from everywhere,  For example, the building names in the town where doomsday is was lifted from blazing saddles (but the town is nothing alike). Everything was named Johnson like in Rock Ridge. Plus you could hear parts of the soundtrack playing for example.

8HS69t.gif

Edited by Levithian

• rappa locked this topic