VRTP needs to fundamentally rethink their message and marketing

Parkz News

Interestingly the screens at the front of Movie World advertise a range of passes (with the usual bizarre price points), but none of them are called VIP or VIP Magic passes.

Is this some strange nonsensical deliberate strategy, or another example of the left arm not talking to the right arm?

Edited by pushbutton

I agree with everything that was said in that article. A couple of yours ago they changed the passes to VIP 'Magic' Passes, but since they originally started back in 2009, nothing else has changed when it comes to their marketing campaign. I know DWs imagination campaign did have some down falls, but they focused on their individual attractions/experiences they had to offer, while this campaign doesn't do that, except for the mention of the dolphins, stunt driver and AA. But really, what they should've have done, rather than mentioning magic, is really show what they have to offer. Have one ad showing all their coasters across the parks. Show the close up encounters with animals and characters, show off the water slides. Or just focused on what we all care about this year, the new coaster. If they stuck with what they've done, but at the end said, 'And coming this September, the greatest attraction in the southern hemisphere', that would've been so much better. That would've at least got the word really out there, rather than just that poster they had for a few weeks in December.

30 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Is the "Movie world" name about to be changed? 

I hope not. Village Roadshow is a very respectable movie company, but it just doesn't have the same level of public brand recognition when it comes to theme parks, and I think it also lacks the range of characters to appeal to all ages which Warner Brothers has.

Basically I think the WB / Village partnership is an extremely valuable one and it's well worth maintaining.

Great expansion on the original editorial, and definitely on the money again. I can't believe they still have the same incredibly dated websites. Movie World's online park map wasn't even updated with the Justice League facade (it's still Wayne Manor), let alone Doomsday, as someone else mentioned. Potential guests should be able to visit park websites and get all of the latest and most up-to-date info, otherwise, what's the point of a website??? I'm just hoping they have a plan to re-launch all of the sites along with the launch of the coaster. Surely.

Oh, and VRTP's social media! THE WORST! Directionless and tepid were certainly good ways to describe their posts. Every day it's just 'Are you ready for Superman Escape? Epic pic shared by .............'. And you know it's the same person doing the posts for all VRL properties, even Wet 'n' Wild Las Vegas, because they are all identically weak.

Edited by GoGoBoy

It's almost like the lack of competition (nationally not locally) makes Movieworld and VRTP as a whole pathetically complacent to do the bare minimum at least as far as promotional and website related material is concerned. Every part of their business should be executed at 100% if they intend to weather the aforementioned downturn. 

• 4 months later...

I thought I'd revive this thread as the topic has become relevant again. The opening of the incredible DC Rivals HyperCoaster is imminent and I have just one question: WHERE IS THE MARKETING AND WHY HASN'T MOVIE WORLD UPGRADED THEIR MAIN WEBSITE? I used all caps to express how horrified I am.

It makes no sense to me that Parkz is marketing this ride better than the park itself. When I visit these forums I am instantly hit with a full main page graphic promo for DC Rivals, which is the way it should be, but when I visit Movie World's tired and dated website there is almost nothing. Certainly nothing that fits a ride of this magnitude. The attraction should be a whole page takeover, similar to Parkz. American theme parks make sure you know a new attraction is opening, even when it is relatively minor. I know MW invested in a separate DC Rivals website, but no one would even have known it existed if it hadn't been for the user who discovered it on these forums.

I know they created a TVC for the ride, but it barely shows the magnitude of the coaster itself. And where is the TVC playing? Just to GC locals? The whole of Australia needs to be made aware this major new attraction exists, or MW won't see the justified bump in attendance. People need to know it's there! Step up, Movie World. You've built potentially the best ride this country has seen but people need to know about it.

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 4

just going to put it simple why I no longer care to visit there theme parks 

they removed all of the family friendly rides we all grew up with and have mostly replaced them with roller coasters 

I don't give a toss about roller coasters 

so until they start thinking about those who are not big fans of roller coasters 

they have lost me witch I'm sure they don't care about because I'm only one person 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, JeffreyMoore said:

they have lost me witch I'm sure they don't care about because I'm only one person 

You're not the only one they have lost I have not been to a village roadshow park in the last 2-3 years and neither has anyone else I know simply because of how over the years they remove classics like looney tunes river ride or the matrix exhibit and replace it with absolute crap such as driving school and a couple of carnival games over at movie world or with nothing at all in the case of sea viper and the pirate ship over at seaworld.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

You're not the only one they have lost I have not been to a village roadshow park in the last 2-3 years and neither has anyone else I know simply because of how over the years they remove classics like looney tunes river ride or the matrix exhibit and replace it with absolute crap such as driving school and a couple of carnival games over at movie world or with nothing at all in the case of sea viper and the pirate ship over at seaworld.

Attractions can't just stay forever though.. and these ones were obviously either to hard to maintain, or they simply just needed a change over. The park WILL invest in something for the families, but it won't happen within the next year or two because they did just invest in a coaster that cost em' 30+ million.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Attractions can't just stay forever though.. and these ones were obviously either to hard to maintain, or they simply just needed a change over. The park WILL invest in something for the families, but it won't happen within the next year or two because they did just invest in a coaster that cost em' 30+ million.

The pirate ship is still running at funfields in Victoria don't know why that couldn't stay at sea world and the matrix was open for just 3 years and was a walkthrough attraction what maintenance does a walkthrough attraction of prop replicas have. Besides a ride can stay open forever say long as they are willing to re invest the money made from admission fees into the parks instead of sending it off to support other failed investments

1 minute ago, Theme Park said:

The pirate ship is still running at funfields in Victoria don't know why that couldn't stay at sea world and the matrix was open for just 3 years and was a walkthrough attraction what maintenance does a walkthrough attraction of prop replicas have. Besides a ride can stay open forever say long as they are willing to re invest the money made from admission fees into the parks instead of sending it off to support other failed investments

Because rides can lose their "zing". The pirate ship would've been a great attraction, but if it's there for years and years, people will become bored of it and blame the park for NOT re-investing. 

5 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Because rides can lose their "zing". The pirate ship would've been a great attraction, but if it's there for years and years, people will become bored of it and blame the park for NOT re-investing. 

I would rather a bland attraction and the park be blamed for not re investing than an empty plot of land where the park is being blamed for not reinvesting. I'm not made about shutting attractions so long as the replacement can justify the closure.

• Like 1

The matrix exhibit was a temporary attraction. It stayed whilst relevant. If it was still open today they'd be lucky to get 10 people in there a day..

LTRR became too costly to upkeep. Classic, fan fav no doubt but everything has a lifespan and Re-investment requires a Return. It's all well and good to keep maintaining attractions but if doing so doesn't sustain or increase patronage at a reasonable level it's bad business 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1