Down comes Sea World Water Park

I do agree that the fence might be for storage while they remove the slides.

Village did say in their latest trading update the new "Attractions" and not the new “Attraction” was going to get them out of the hole.

Another thought is if Village have no money, why are they spending money on the removal of the slides when it would not hurt them to leave them up for another year.

Edited by Skeeta

47 minutes ago, joz said:

Read the reviews about the closed attractions around the park.  Having that left up definitely added to the poor guest satisfaction over the past however long its been, and its appalling that it took so long.

While they are at it they might as well keep going and remove Viking Revenge.

If they aren't going with a new attraction this year they need to hire some carnival rides for the January holiday period.

Have the numbers always been on the slide?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.thumb.jpg.0afc35fb77acb26d0bebed13ae576853.jpg

The delay of the removal might have been because Sea World were waiting on someone to purchase it.

Edited by Skeeta

They've dismantled, not demolished, so i'd say Mammoth has another life yet to live - and I assume it will probably go to one of the smaller lesser known parks.

There are far easier places to store parts to ship out than the middle of the sea world car park.

I'm going to be quietly optimistic that Sea World has sprung a new ride on us whilst we were all focused on MW.

time will tell i guess.

Nothing appears in PD online for either of the Sea World lots since the BA for the alterations to the stage seating was processed in feb\march...

But they wouldn't need the whole water park area (if that is the location for it) for that exhibit, surely.

590a7179155ae_ScreenShot2017-05-04at10_09_40am.thumb.png.bbf45692376b7043ca3a7de532de42a4.png

When you look at it in satellite image, it isn't a massive area, and I couldn't see them putting a ride here with it being so close the water, and the issues that has caused in the past. I do think this area would be good for an animal exhibit, and jelly fish is really the only thing they haven't got (And it may not sound exciting, but I've been to one before and some the species of jelly fish are pretty cool). I think they should keep the rides in the current area and reclaimed land part of the park, and exhibits around the edges (as they've done so far).

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I do think this area would be good for an animal exhibit, and jelly fish is really the only thing they haven't got (And it may not sound exciting, but I've been to one before and some the species of jelly fish are pretty cool).

Jelly fish are definitely not the only animals sea world doesn't have. If they were to get a jellyfish exhibit, I would at most imagine it to be a couple of tanks added to current Creatures of the Deep indoor area, not a replacement for an entire area of a park. 

Sea world has really been missing a basic aquarium exhibit since the one underneath the current animal adventure bookings disappeared a few years back. I would like to see an exhibit showcasing smaller aquariums of varying types - from the reef (Typical nemo/dory stuff kids love), deeper water animals (octopus?) to freshwater wetlands (maybe freshwater crocs).  

Ultimately though I hope it becomes an expansion of the current Castaway Bay area with a few pirate themed rides to make it a spot people want to seek out and see, not just an area they stumble upon on their way out from the dolphin show. 

Was there ever a reason for the closure of the aquarium, because despite being relatively small and hidden, it was really nice, and a good way to enjoy a wide variety of fish and frogs? You do make a good point, and agree they should bring something like that back, adding in jelly fish, octopus (that would be cool) and a range of other creatures would be good.

Castaway Bay for me is probably one of the best themed areas on the coast, and is really a hidden gem because it doesn't stand out, and you do really only notice it on the way to the dolphin show, because not many people venture down that end of the park. So maybe some sort of ride/attraction would be more than welcomed.

I would say it had to do with the maintenance of the tanks. Smaller systems (especially salt-water ones) are very difficult to maintain, and are prone to a multitude of issues. I would dare say that maintaining a tank the size of Shark Bay requires less detailed attention than the multiple small tanks that were in the aquarium.

1 minute ago, themagician said:

Castaway Bay for me is probably one of the best themed areas on the coast, and is really a hidden gem because it doesn't stand out, and you do really only notice it on the way to the dolphin show, because not many people venture down that end of the park. So maybe some sort of ride/attraction would be more than welcomed.

How is this area among the best themed on the Coast? Personally I think it's pretty average and again an area that is targeted at children. Half the targets on the Battle boats don't work and there are visible signs of rust, wear and tear all over the ride. The pool itself is basically just the old waterpark swimming pool with a track fitted? I really hope they put something better in beside it. If it is to be another exhibit, at least something immersive like entering a cave into dark lit environments to illuminate the jelly fish etc.. it's a pretty big space. Definitely room for a decent flat  and an exhibit.

4 hours ago, themagician said:

Was there ever a reason for the closure of the aquarium, because despite being relatively small and hidden, it was really nice, and a good way to enjoy a wide variety of fish and frogs?

Not 100% sure, but I'd suspect the fact it shared a filtration system with Shark Encounter which had to be totally changed when the water had to be chilled for thr Penguins.  It'd be nice to see something go back under there eventually.

On Thu May 04 2017 at 9:44 AM, Luke said:

Take this with a grain of salt.....When I visited in March, an employee at the Sky Climb told me that the next attraction for Seaworld will be a Jellyfish exhibit and not a ride.

Hmm ...  Having worked in the Whitsundays during stinger season this is something I am really interested in seeing...