Down comes Sea World Water Park

On 7/5/2017 at 3:57 PM, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

This is what I was thinking About...

2017: Jellyfish attraction/Exhibit 

2018: S&S Extreme swing (Where the former waterpark is and it could swing over the water)

2019:  New Rollercoaster (to replace Vikings Revenge)

VRTP will never buy anything from S&S again after what happened to Green Lantern. And if SW was to replace Vikings, I'd much prefer them to get a good flat there, then build a coaster on where Sea Viper and the pirate ship used to be. I wouldn't mind something between the Spongebob coaster and Jet Rescue, like a Mack powered inverted coaster, or a Vekoma SFC (or they could go bigger and install a Mack Powersplash coaster, or a Big Dipper like Lost Gravity). IMO Storm should remain the largest ride at Sea World, unlike MW, Sea World is marketed as a park for families, and should remain that way in the long term.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

22 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

VRTP will never buy anything from S&S again after what happened to Green Lantern. And if SW was to replace Vikings, I'd much prefer them to get a good flat there, then build a coaster on where Sea Viper and the pirate ship used to be. I wouldn't mind something between the Spongebob coaster and Jet Rescue, like a Mack powered inverted coaster, or a Vekoma SFC (or they could go bigger and install a Mack Powersplash coaster, or a Big Dipper like Lost Gravity). IMO Storm should remain the largest ride at Sea World, unlike MW, Sea World is marketed as a park for families, and should remain that way in the long term.

Didn't think about that with S&S, I think if seaworld wants to attract even more people they need a drop Tower or something but the can't because if the sea New seaworld.

Since we are discussing potential future rides for Seaworld in this thread...i'll just copy/paste this here.

14 hours ago, Luke said:

I was hoping for something a bit more substantial than an 'interactive splash zone' for the former Seaworld waterpark. An extension of the Castaway Bay themed area would have been great to see, with an addition of a family friendly flat ride. A solid all ages flat ride is something Seaworld is sorely missing.

Something along the lines of a Mack rides Sea Storm, Gerstlauer Polyp, or what about bring back a classic and install a HUSS Pirate Ship. Or perhaps an observation type ride, with a bit of a twist - e.g. the Vekoma Sky Shuttle.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 05/01/2020 at 10:56 AM, Dano46610 said:

@AlexB since someone bought this topic up, the slide never got installed at Gumbuya World so anyone know what happened to it?

Good chance that

The park decided that newer more modern slides like the mat racer and bodyslides were more appropriate for the existing tower And/Or

The park didn't want to spend money on a New slide tower for this slide.

P. S.  Can someone send us the newest Nearmap images for Gumbuya world? Thanks

Edited by A.H
Someone I put an emoji here

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, seatfiller said:

Image from Mitty Theme Parks, looks like the slide isn't being installed anymore

Maybe if they have a new slide tower behind Project Zero/The Break it could be installed?

However most likely it would be brand new slides from either ProSlide/White Water West (funnel etc.)

• Like 1