Safety, Memories, Innovation, Laughter, Excitement, Service

Safety, :D Memories, :D Innovation, :D Laughter, :D Excitement, :D Service :D That was Wonderland's Staff Mission. Anyhow.. i am after Memories - memorabilia, souvenirs, photographs or actual product. if anyone has any they would like to share, from any era, from 1985 right to april 26, please contact me. photos preferred, but anything you have i am interested in. any replies gratefully received... Thanks, Alex.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Alex and welcome to the forum. I am also after any memorabilia, souvenirs etc. Contact me if you have anything with the Wonderland logo on it, old or new. I have been going to start a new thread about it for a while but just haven’t got around to it. "The Bus is now leaving for Smile Of Fortune Creek, Victoria"

lol you dont have to mock me by placing a quote well in the past, but i still think the demon is probably one of the top 3 roller coasters in Australia, not the world, which i rephrase that. I have videos of wonderland in 1985, when it opened. It has the pirate ship, hanna babera land, the river rampage and the beach but the videwo only lasts for about a minute and a half. i have photos of ned kelly getaway, wazards fury, on ride bush beast anjd beastie, old beastie photos the slides that were in little wonders land, i have the demon space probe the beach pirate ship practically all the rides even the baby rides on photos. i cant send them in becasue i dont have a scanner. I have stax of old rides in the park, i have wonderland commericals dating from the space probe and the sky hawk and the dinosaurs exhibition that was there. i have old park maps and old advertisment posters. and the most recent memorabilia is the demon and space probe photos from the very last day and a lot of stuff from the shop. that about it.

I have videos of wonderland in 1985, when it opened. It has the pirate ship, hanna babera land, the river rampage and the beach but the videwo only lasts for about a minute and a half.
One problem with that Shifty, The Beach was not built until the 90's (1992 I think) so unless there was another Beach at Wonderland before your video was not from when the park opened. I would like to see some of those photos you have, so if you get a scanner send them to me or get Richard to put them in a gallery. One piece of memorabilia that I did see from another staff member was a Wonderpass from 85 or 86. It's a crappy laminated card but it's great that someone still has something from back then. "The Bus is now leaving for Mount Nott, South Australia"

It's a crappy laminated card but it's great that someone still has something from back then.
Clearly you haven't seen a Warner Village season pass. They're laminated cards with a Polaroid photo. Movie World at least prints your name and expiry date on it, with a barcode sticker on the back, but at Sea World you write your own name and expiry date on it.

sorry wonderbus i should have explained more in detail, the video has partial pieces of the park in 85 however there are other clips from the beach but im not sure of the time era, but the beach is very weired looking, the tower looked wooden. i dont have a scanner, but yeh if i do get one i'll post them on. my friend just shoed my his wonderpasses and he has 10 different wonder passes, with different images, the very old ones dont even have a photo of yourself.

You've got a thing for Jamie Oliver don't you Shifty? Just one question. I can't for the life of me work out why your posts look like you are writing a poem. Stop using the enter key. It's not a type writer, it'll start a new line automatically. I know your brain is still back in 1986, but move with the times.

Shifty. what you describe as "the beach" with a wooden tower was in fact ned kelly's getaway, located in Goldrush in between tassie devil (used to be spider pre-wildlife park) and Ampols Antique Autos (later the great race). The slides came to rest around where the "heros of the outback" show used to be, before they put the lion cubs in there for a brief period. The slide is very similar to the one in sea world that requires a toboggan to ride. It was removed due to too many injuries. as far as all of these photos and other stuff, as well as the videos you have, i would like to arrange to have them copied. send me a pm if you would be interested in making these arrangements. i also have a scanner and video editing equipment, and with your permission will be happy to post them here for all to enjoy, credits to yourself of course... so let me know!

no it was the beach tower but the rails on the water slides were wooden, the tower really wasnt painted very well, and the awning at the top was all crappy looking. It wasnt ned kellys getaway. And im sorry if i wrote like poems im sorry. And yes i think Jamie Oliver is the best chef in the world, Hes inspired me to become a chef.

Pukka. As for The Beach tower being made of wood, or having wooden rails, whatever, I’m not sure that they would do that as wood has a nasty habit of rotting when it comes into contact with chlorinated water. That’s not to say that steel doesn't but the rate of decay is much less than that of wood. I’m not saying you’re a liar Shifty, but until I see the video or stills from it I’m not convinced that the structure was wooden. "The Bus is now leaving for Pukatja Homeland, South Australia"

It was never wooden. Nothing at The Beach was ever changed or modified until the small refurbishment they did last year. The towers and slides remained exactly as they were when first built in the very early 90's. Even the colour scheme was basically the same. The refurbishment only consisted of repainting some slides and reinforcing the tower structure. Shifty - the pics you have must have been either unclear or of something else

ok i just looke at the video one last time and the rails are definately made of wood going down the slides. Im not sure if it was changed to steel or whatever but i wish i could show you th video but its made of wood and the rails were brown, it wasnt even painted. The river rampage had a food outlet right where the sign of the river rampage is, and the rainbow to hanna babera land is before the bridge leading to the space probe. The front entrance must of had a big refurbishment because it looked all old and crummy and the front pirate sland looked the best and more themed up when the ship was actually in the water. There wasnt much more, but hanna babera land was pretty much the same as it is now, same layout and the rides seem to look the same as they are or were now.

Well in the beginning (pre wildlife park) the rainbow was actualy located along a path that went off to the left just after you came through the park gates... The Endevour was also located along here initially too, it was called Sea Deamon at that time...

What are the transition gates? I remember in some of the front/side sections of the wildlife park they had paths tiled with those old beige square concrete tiles which cover most of the park (and have been there since the opening). Also, a couple of buildings in this same area (which I think were being used as reptile houses) had that International Village theming. For those that don't know, what became Old Botany Bay was once called International Village and themed appropriately. So I would say these are remnants of the old pathway up to HB Land. It would sure take a while to get to HB Land using this path though. There must have been a lot of expanses of nothing.. even taking the Sea Demon into account

i actually have a 1995 brochure of wonderland or 97 or around that era. its in cartoon, really colourful and eye catching, it has the demon, space probe, bush beast, rampage, sky hawk, wildlife park, hanna babera land rainbow, zodiac, great balloon escape, flinstone splash down, pirate ship, the hanna babera characters the lake, and the ship that used to be in the water, and i think a few other rides, i cant recall anymore. In te backround it has Opened every day with the harbour bridge and the opera house in the background. i cant scan it on to show you guys but ill see what i can do.