The Best Rollercoaster in the world

What's the best rollercoaster that you've either been on, or at least know of?

Can be anywhere in the world, and obviously "best" is a very subjective term, so everyone's entitled to their opinion!

For me it's The Big One (sponsored by Pepsi at the time this video was made) at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England.

What gives it the WOW factor is that it's so big that there wasn't room in the theme park for it, but as you'll see in this video, that certainly didn't stop them!

I also like that there are no loops or excessive twists or inversions. It's just a nice ride with pretty impressive views out to sea and over Blackpool, but certainly high and fast, so still plenty of thrills.

It's not new anymore, so there may well be better rollercoasters in the world, but this is my favourite. What's yours?

Push is getting excited about coasters? Nice.

Best coaster I've been on is Shambhala at PortAventura. Seems the general consensus is that it's the best B&M Hyper, hopefully it hasn't spoiled any future hypers I ride, I reckon MW's one will be different enough a ride experience to make things interesting. 

It has a massive first drop (78m) followed by a hill that gives you ~6 seconds of floater air. Lost count of how many times I rode but I reckon it was approaching 40 rides in just 3 days. The single rider queue was my best friend.

2 hours ago, pin142 said:

Twisted Colossus for me. Not the tallest, longest or fastest coaster but it is a hell of a lot of fun and something that has a high re-ride factor.

All the coasters at SFMM are amazing. TC is such an amazing ride, one of RMCs best work. 

12 hours ago, Reanimated35 said:

So are you asking about what we think is the "best" coaster in the world, or what our "favourite" coaster is? 

I think it's your bestest, favouritest coaster seen from a distance but never ridden.

A coaster that looks great but I have never ridden would be Twisted Colossus.

I honestly disagree with all the people who are saying Twisted Colossus is the best coaster in the world (unless you are saying that because it's the best coaster you've ridden - which is more understandable - mine is Superman Escape since I haven't ridden any coasters outside of the country). For those who are saying it's the best of the best, TC is an incredibly good ride but I can give a list of coasters I would much prefer to ride over TC - Fury, Millennium Force, Maverick, Superman The Ride, Expedition GeForce, Taron, Helix, Shambahla, Lightning Rod, Skyrush, perhaps even El Toro, the Voyage, and T-Express. I would say the real best coaster in the world probably lies in that list. Who knows, perhaps MW's hyper could score a spot in that list - Helix shows that Mack do have the ability to build world's-best coasters.

The Big One I completely disagree with - I hear it's quite forceless and almost a boring ride. I'd think Superman would be a better ride than it.

How can u disagree with people saying TC and then list what in your opinion are better coasters, when you haven't ridden any of them, or TC for that matter? 

Im taking this topic as being "best Coaster you've ridden" as everyone has different opinions and likes/dislikes. It's really the only way it can be taken 

its like me saying "I can't understand why anyone thinks The Godfather is the best movie when Goodfellas is better, oh, but I've never watched either". 

11 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Yes.

Is the reason you enjoy it so much because it has the same level of forces as a dark ride?

@pushbutton Can we have clarification on whether this is a "best coaster you've ridden" thread or a "best coaster you think is out there" thread.

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

How can u disagree with people saying TC and then list what in your opinion are better coasters, when you haven't ridden any of them, or TC for that matter? 

I was treating this as a "best coaster you think is out there" thread, as I said I understand why people have it as #1 as the best coaster they've ridden - there are just other coasters I'd prefer to ride over TC and it's not based on anything really, just what I've heard from others and POVs.

Edited by Santa07

9 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I've not ridden nearly enough coasters to be able to answer this question without bias and nostalgia clouding my opinion. Sadly, it's probably still Superman Escape, though I reserve judgment for my impending Japan visit to change this decision.

Make sure you get to Fuji-Q. Maybe look at a 2 day pass and staying out there too.

Eejanaika at Fuji-Q is my favourite although The Flying Dinosaur at USJ was also very fun.

Lightning Rod for me. Twisted Colossus gets an honourable mention, but Lightning Rod is just in front....The things which made it great.

-Nicely themed queue.
-Uphill launch.
-Super steep and scary first drop.
-Great use of terrain, with most of the ride hidden from the rest of the park over a hill in another valley, and further to that, lots of intact trees.
-Ballistic pacing, it never slows down.
-Crazy twists and banking that look almost impossible, but negotiated effortlessly.
-Airtime
-Plus even more airtime at the end  with the quad down, with each bit of air getting stronger and stronger.
-Smooth.

Of the ones I haven't ridden, Helix at Liseberg looks to be the best. And of course the new MW coaster is looking pretty special at the moment too, considering its only the far end of the ride which has gone up.

I haven't been to many parks outside of Australia but TC is my favorite coaster that I have ridden. It just doesn't stop for the whole ride (apart from the lift hills) and it's just so hectic. Great ejector airtime and the inversions are well executed. The (sort of) racing element is something unique for a RMC which adds to the experience.

I would really like to ride Lightning Rod some time, that just looks incredible.

On 5/13/2017 at 8:12 PM, pushbutton said:

Can be anywhere in the world, and obviously "best" is a very subjective term, so everyone's entitled to their opinion!

For me it's The Big One (sponsored by Pepsi at the time this video was made) at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England.

What gives it the WOW factor is that it's so big that there wasn't room in the theme park for it, but as you'll see in this video, that certainly didn't stop them!

I also like that there are no loops or excessive twists or inversions. It's just a nice ride with pretty impressive views out to sea and over Blackpool, but certainly high and fast, so still plenty of thrills.

Youre gonna hate me push...Here's a review I posted on here about 10 years ago:

Pepsi Max Big One http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/GB/Blackpool...ax-Big-One.html Not that great actually. It has a good first drop, and it goes fast up until the MCBR, but that about all you can say. It's quite rough, and is sort of a waste of steel (I don't mean in that way, but instead of doing huge hills at a gentle slope that go high for a considerable distance, they should have built steeper hills that give actual airtime. I rode this twice, and at the back you get a tiny bit of air, with the tradeoff of a rougher ride.

At Blackpool, I liked  probably liked other coasters there better.... Steeplechase (Because it is so unique and risky feeling), Avalanche (Bobsled coasters are fun, pace well because they get faster), Grand National (Racing the other train creates a great atmosphere, and there's great airtime)