The Best Rollercoaster in the world

I'm gonna split mine between Steel and Wooden. 

For Steel, I'd say Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure is the best I've been on. Just really smooth, really long, great height and great airtime. And that first drop after the massive lift hill! 

For Wooden, even though I did love El Toro and thought it was terrific, I gotta say that I think I had more fun on GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm. An awesome, fast, out of control feeling and a really long track winding in and out from under the track supports. Makes me really wish we would get a good wooden coaster here in Qld someday! 

I don't know what the "best" coaster in the world was, but since @pushbutton never replied, I'll take it as favourite coaster.

For me, of the rides I've ridden, hands down, surprise, surprise, it's Tatsu

Second would come in as Ghostrider at Knott's. To be honest, I'm not even sure why, I just remembered that I loved the ride. 

Mine at the moment would have to be x2. I just loved the out of control feeling & how insane it was. Honourable mentions to Twisted Colosses & Tatsu, I loved them both so much.

I haven't ridden anything outside the Gold Coast or LA, however I'm looking at doing a trip to Orlando soon. Starting in Orlando, spending 2 weeks there & then driving from Orlando to New York stopping at parks on the way. 

Possible rides to take over my #1 would be Lightning Rod, Fury 325 & i305.. maybe even El Toro. I'm definitely looking forward to this trip & seeing what new rides can make my top 5 :) 

I haven't been on many coasters, only on the GC and Universal Studios Japan. But I'm very glad to see that the Flying Dinosaur is coming up on people's lists, as when I rode it last year, I couldn't believe how insane and awesome that coaster was and was unlike anything I'd experience here before. 

16 hours ago, Gazza said:

Outside of the RMCs, Nemesis and Tatsu both deserve mentions too.

0531-88_Tatsu-_4.JPG

I couldn't believe i'd gotten this far into the thread and nobody (especially @Reanimated35 who had replied) had mentioned anything about Tatsu.

9 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I just have a different opinion than you about something that's not even important!

Story of your life push.

8 hours ago, Reanimated35 said:

For me, of the rides I've ridden, hands down, surprise, surprise, it's Tatsu

Reading through the thread, i thought about quite a few, and Tatsu reached the top of the list pretty quickly for me.

Space Mountain will always be a favourite for me - combination of the ride itself, the music, the indoor theming etc, and I know many don't consider it to be a 'great' ride but it just does it for me - but if i were to eliminate highly themed indoor coasters (USS The Mummy also rates a mention), then Tatsu would probably come out on top for me.

I enjoyed X2, but given the insanely stupid operations at that park, I only got to ride once, whereas I did several laps on Tatsu at various times throughout the day. X2 felt jittery - the motions between elements weren't as smooth as I would have liked given the way the "third rail" is supposed to work. I enjoyed it - i don't insist on a 'smooth' ride just because its steel (I don't get the hate for HWSW for instance), but thats my only picking point on X. I'd still prefer tatsu however.

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

I enjoyed X2, but given the insanely stupid operations at that park, I only got to ride once, whereas I did several laps on Tatsu at various times throughout the day. X2 felt jittery - the motions between elements weren't as smooth as I would have liked given the way the "third rail" is supposed to work. I enjoyed it - i don't insist on a 'smooth' ride just because its steel (I don't get the hate for HWSW for instance), but thats my only picking point on X. I'd still prefer tatsu however.

Have you been to Fuji-Q in japan? if so compare X2 to Eejanaika?

@Skeeta Yeah. I don't think I've ever really been in a situation where I've been able to do that, sadly enough. The last $200 I recently managed to put away over a month ended up being used to buy Ariana Grande concert tickets for a certain 12 year old's upcoming birthday, as it's all she wanted for it. I've lost track of how many times I've started saving and then the car rego comes in, or the kids need forking out $$ for something, or we have to move house (as per last time round). 

Life sucks sometimes 😂😑

Anyways, didn't mean to derail, just wanted to clarify in advance against any scrutiny of why I think SE is the best rollercoaster in the whole wide world 😜

I haven't been to a themepark outside of Australia before, but I we will soon book for a holiday to Dubai for next March. So pumped to try out the Formula Rossa and some of the other rides Ferrari World has to offer. 

Although, If i could choose of a ride that I haven't been on that looks amazing, I would have to say either El Toro or The Flying Dinosaur. They both just look so amazing, smooth and intense. 

7 hours ago, Naazon said:

Have you been to Fuji-Q in japan? if so compare X2 to Eejanaika?

Eejanaika / Dinoconda (same, same) is a beefed up variant of X2. Essentially you take the crappy elements Arrow couldn't figure out (or were too bankrupt to do anything good with) and replace them with elements that are a total mindf*ck like the full-full (you spin while the track spins). The big bonus Eejanaika has over all three is its positioning - it's technically the highest of the three because it's on the side of Mount Fuji, and let me tell you, there's nothing that gets your heart racing more than having your feet dangle on the side of a roller-coaster high up over an active volcano.

_MG_9972.thumb.jpg.0b560a9e3b562f88b374a6f41936f5d4.jpg

Get some full-full into ya', mate.

_MG_9353.thumb.jpg.dda8947cc868ac883777657fb14edfea.jpg

Dat drop. :o

_MG_0051.thumb.jpg.6bc2b74053eb7436ec407c3b02260583.jpg

Shit's fast.

For me, Eejanika rings true as the "ultimate" roller-coaster experience, but i'm hanging a reserved sign in at #1 when Movie World's Hypercoaster opens.

9 hours ago, Flea said:

So on Tatsu... I see it pop up a lot on people's lists but even after 5 rides I still don't quite get it. The riding position is too uncomfortable IMO. Heading to USJ next week so perhaps Flying Dinosaur will change my mind on flyers.

If for nothing else Tatsu gets the nod for the insanity that is the Pretzel Loop which has to be hands down the most intense element on any coaster ever.