Effect or Audio Errors on Rides

43 minutes ago, joz said:

This is such an inane topic that I've decided to add a poll to this thread.  I'll check back in 24 hours to carry out the desired action.

In answer to the question, yes I have experienced an effect or audio problem, and so has everyone who has been on a ride wether they know it or not.

What's wrong with it

Seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me. If the parks managers read it then it could actually be useful to them as well.

On Wild West Falls at Movie World I've noticed numerous issues, including:

- Wheel at end of ride as you approach the station is supposed to have water flowing onto it, causing it to turn, but this hasn't worked since the supposed themeing upgrade several months ago.

- The guy that appear on the screen as you go up the slope in the second mine shaft often repeats a short part of the message over and over.

- The sign in the tent village area that shows the population often has the reduced population showing constantly, and even when it does go up and down, it no longer fits properly in the "up" position.

- The building where the balcony is supposed to collapse and then an invisible person falls into the water below, neither of these effects have worked since the supposed upgrade.

In SE's final dialogue before the launch, it seems to launch early before the "Superman fast" line about 50% of the time. Have experienced the same BWSS audio glitch before. Also regular effects issues on SDSC and WWF obviously.

In terms of awesome ride announcers, there was a guy on the BuzzSaw who was amazingly funny. When telling us to remove loose items, he went for a solid minute or two of ridiculous stuff like, "If you are pushing a wheelbarrow, you cannot take it on the ride," and "If you are carrying a fruit basket, it must be placed in the boxes provided." He had a full monologue, and it varied for the rides before and after me. He really changed the whole mood, it was great.

17 minutes ago, jake_hunt said:

In SE's final dialogue before the launch, it seems to launch early before the "Superman fast" line about 50% of the time. Have experienced the same BWSS audio glitch before. Also regular effects issues on SDSC and WWF obviously.

In terms of awesome ride announcers, there was a guy on the BuzzSaw who was amazingly funny. When telling us to remove loose items, he went for a solid minute or two of ridiculous stuff like, "If you are pushing a wheelbarrow, you cannot take it on the ride," and "If you are carrying a fruit basket, it must be placed in the boxes provided." He had a full monologue, and it varied for the rides before and after me. He really changed the whole mood, it was great.

His name is Justin the best staff memeber ever! He sets the mood for the place and he is really funny.

11 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

His name is Justin the best staff memeber ever! He sets the mood for the place and he is really funny.

Make sure you put in compliments ect about staff like that if they really make your day / ride that much better.

Also not really a ride my my lift at work often says the wrong floor we're stopping at or says the floors number about 20 times.

Not sure how Batwing could have been an operator messing with it... because the whole launch system is automatic from when the two operators hit the dispatch button. I know it can be ran manually by tech services to do each part of the launch sequence individually (rise, weigh, launch) but not under general operation. Also the audio can't be delayed from when it launches on purpose so would have been a glitch*

*However operating Batwing and having that control would be damn entertaining... false countdowns are always good for scaring the living daylights out of people :P

46 minutes ago, joz said:

Despite the poll results (19-15 in favour of closing) this thread stays for now as it was a pretty slim majority.  Have a nice day :)

That's not how a democracy works?!?!

I'd make a joke about demanding a refund for a service I don't actually pay for or have any control over, but then I realised I did pay for a membership so the joke just doesn't work now. 

So instead I'll just complain it took you longer than 24 hours to follow up on it. :P