Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

3 years ago, I would have laughed at you if you told me MW would build a hyper.  If MW can buy a hyper then a RMC ride also would have to be possible in an Australian park.

I think it's rumoured this hyper cost is in the 20-30million AUD price range. Valravn (a B&M dive coaster) costed $18 million USD. So I think I B&M from VRTP is possible in the future.

Edited by Tim Dasco

6 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I think it's rumoured this hyper cost is in the 20-30million AUD price range. Valravn (a B&M dive coaster) costed $18 million USD. So I think I B&M from VRTP is possible in the future.

But for roughly same price, is a dive coaster really as good as a hypercoaster? (I know Valravn is technically a hypercoaster too, but here I mean hypercoaster in the traditional sense - no inversions and full of airtime)

Edited by Santa07

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

So, we don’t go around in circles.  I already know what’s going on with SDSC and it’s not Harry Potter.

Care to share Skeet?

Gee I really hope that stupid "tell and die" clause follows Mr Fisher out the door and kicks him up the arse on the way out!

When John Menzies was the big cheese he would proudly share the future with Employees during monthly functions. We were never told to keep quiet on it and when you consider up the road already know exactly what is going on long before it's made public (and vice/versa) honestly, why does this continue to be such a big deal? 

10 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Say what?:blink: does Skeeta even work for VTP? So why the secrecy?

Same reason that all the admins on here know exactly what's going on much more than they admit and yet they don't share it. They're asked not to. They have that trust that they won't spread the info around and make it public until they're asked to. 

Now if you love @Skeeta like Skeeta loves his personal massager, then maybe he'll give you a bit of info. I doubt it though. He's a bit of an ass with stuff like that. 

I think scdsc is not getting rethemed becuse how popular it is and how kids and older agers love by the way one day thay had the lights on I can the scooby doo robot on the floor next to that 1st steap drop justsitting there in the disco room! And when it gets a fixing update on it thay will I think put 50% themeing back and the other 50% is still being done till december on boxing day when the ride will be packed!

4 hours ago, Theme Park said:

Hey long time reader first time poster.

I did some research into village roadshows theme park licenses and according to their website they do still have the rights to use Harry Potter at movie world.

http://themeparks.com.au/terms-conditions-policies/trademarks-and-copyright.aspx

Capture.PNG

Who's up for a Saw ride? 😂😂

--Just the perfect family coaster

Edited by Mox

15 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I rode Valravn at CP last year. It was OK but not great. SheiKra was better IMO.

If you are going to spend 20-30million AUD on a B&M I think that there are much better options from them out there. That being said if that is the price range for the current coaster under construction then I think that what they are building is the better option. It is highly visual and for theme parks in Australia will make a huge statement.

10 hours ago, Theme Park said:

Hey long time reader first time poster.

I did some research into village roadshows theme park licenses and according to their website they do still have the rights to use Harry Potter at movie world.

http://themeparks.com.au/terms-conditions-policies/trademarks-and-copyright.aspx

Capture.PNG

Does anyone think that this means scooby doo could get replaced by saw or hey even harry potter since they have the rights.

22 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

Does anyone think that this means scooby doo could get replaced by saw or hey even harry potter since they have the rights.

They do not have the rights, this is a trademark disclaimer from when the Harry Potter Shop was in Movie World basically telling people the exact opposite - that they do not own Harry Potter, and any reference to it is owned by Warner Bros and JK Rowling. 

Edited by rac2703

16 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

They do not have the rights, this is a trademark disclaimer from when the Harry Potter Shop was in Movie World basically telling people the exact opposite - that they do not own Harry Potter, and any reference to it is owned by Warner Bros and JK Rowling. 

I just thought that they wouldnt bother putting that information on their website regarding a store or scare maze that both closed years ago unless they thought they may use harry potter or saw licenses again.

Edited by Theme Park

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

HP related merchandise is (or at least was until VERY recently) still sold in the park.

very different to ride theme licensing at any rate.

Dude, you've made three posts. Ease back and maybe pay attention to those who have been around a while - they'll help you... if you let them.

Where in the park is the merchandise for harry potter sold since the store closed years ago and what about saw licensing at the park too.

Edited by Theme Park

The Saw information would likely relate to Fright Nights.

HP merch used to be sold on main street in the building next to ben and jerrys (it was the harry potter store until the license was removed). the non-branded store continued to sell all sorts of HP merch until a year or so ago when it was refreshed, i think into a DC heroes store of some description.

HP merch is still likely in the movie memorabilia store - the first store on the right as you walk up main street, and likely, given the convoluted nature of the HP license between WB and JK Rowling, its probably easier to have that buried somewhere in the deep depths of park information whilst there is still any sort of HP merch in park.

the trademark disclaimer would relate directly to the Harry Potter store and Saw Maze (both of which are now gone) if you look the trademark list still has Lethal Weapon, Ice Age, and Rio on it (all long gone), They did have some Harry Potter Merchandise in the movie store next to the 4D cinema. They sell a whole range of movie memorabilia in there, even Avatar items. I doubt the trademark disclaimers would relate to the individual merchandise though as each product would have its own trademark printed on it. 

Edited by rac2703

3 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

the trademark disclaimer would relate directly to the Harry Potter store and Saw Maze (both of which are now gone) if you look the trademark list still has Lethal Weapon on it, They did have some Harry Potter Merchandise in the movie store next to the 4D cinema. They sell a whole range of movie memorabilia in there, even Avatar items. I doubt the trademark disclaimers would relate to the individual merchandise though as each product would have its own trademark printed on it. 

Wait so you are saying that the harry potter disclaimer is just for merchandise yet they sell avatar merchandise and dont mention that trademark.

1 minute ago, Theme Park said:

Wait so you are saying that the harry potter disclaimer is just for merchandise yet they sell avatar merchandise and dont mention that trademark.

No the disclaimer was for the store that no longer exists. Any merchandise sold will always have its own trademark disclaimer printed on its packaging. 

Edited by rac2703

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb