Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

14 hours ago, themagician said:

The biggest change was the queue, as Fast Track has been moved. The FT used to go to the right, but now goes left, runs around the edge of the hall and up the left of the hallway, so now guests queue on the right. The station has been modified slightly to accomodate this change, so now the FT queue leads right to the loading area, rather that right next to the standard queue.

The new chain setup irritates the hell out of me...  Lightest touch and they seem to fall...

8 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

The new chain setup irritates the hell out of me...  Lightest touch and they seem to fall...

I saw that and the queue was soo confusing because the way it was set out kept on changing because people were walking through the fallen chains creating new queue lines every time one fell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, Ash95 said:

Is there any new updates to the sdsc?

I rode about a week ago.

- The archway as you round the corner to the station platform needs re-painting. It's been like this forever and I don't understand why it wasn't fixed last refurb. 

- The ride itself looked as shit as ever. Blades swing overhead but are in the dark. 

- looks like some walls have been fitted here and there but they are just black painted flat board and look temporary, possibly just to further darken the dark ride area.

- Main Laser was out. Only laser was to the left of the first brake in the main room. I never noticed 1 there before.

- you could see a pile of boxes on the floor in the main room. Possibly storing original figures waiting to be reinstalled.

It's so disappointing to see the ride like this and I hope it gets some love soon.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Yeah I was there a few weeks ago. Ask guest services and they said they were finalising plan for ride so it could be a few months before we see the ride get it’s new theming for Scooby. 

Guest Services know about as much as the average Parkz Member.

According to recent Parkz interview with Mr Kirby, MW are looking at introducing Projection Mapping effects for the Dark Section of the ride but that process is being dragged through the licensing and approval process at WBs in the US. Interesting that the ride continues to Operate in this hollowed-out state with barely an end in sight? Surely this is more damaging to the brands (Scooby-Doo, WB's, MW) and I really hope they get it sorted out soon.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got off Scooby-Doo and asked 2 staff members about when it would get it’s theming back the first one was really nice and sounded like she new what she was talking about she told me the last time she heard about it it was going to be done by about June then I asked another staff member at the end of the ride and she had a bad attitude she tried to pretend she did not hear me then I asked her again and she said with an attitude probably in December or something like that. So hopefully the first one is right.

^Just asked someone else and he said November.

Edited by Mc coaster

If they close for retheming, we've all pretty much agreed its going to take months. You could pick out any date between now and maybe July or august as a start date at the latest. That's if it's even going to be done this year. Mid year is looking pretty full, superman and Arkham would take you through until July. Bit of a break until Doomsday at the end of august, then hypercoaster will turn 1 year old in September. So you could guess that somewhere right around the end of June is a good time to close, not to be done by.

... .Arr-K  . . Enough of the bullshit Village! The Fans have asked you politely,  frankly for too long now and yet still u offer no answer? Wtf are U?! Disney?! Hmm...

Years have passed now since disecting the flagship MW Scooby ride that's barely a Dog's breakfast of a rubbished Neighbour down the road  *cough DW*. Fess up and for FS FIX the fucking ride already!

Maybe someone here can shed some light @Gazza, @Richard? Wtf is happening to our once great Park?

WWF closed for almost a year, Villains area falling to pieces, Kid's area forgotten, Park entry looks tired and crap, oh I can go on...

Amazing how much we criticize DW and SW huh

• Like 3

18 months comes pretty close to being years, Mista Advocate. -especially for a nearly 2 decade old Coaster.

Sure, if you want your Parks looking average at best, good luck with your optimism! Personally I want nothing but the best for my Aussie Parks. Something that current Management seems to be forgetting.

Well generally, it's out of our hands. And in this case, i think its out of the parks hands.

Remember how Clark said he wanted it done this financial year? That tells me it's out of the parks hands.  We all have our own ways we want things done, or the park run. But not only are we not the park, we don't know what happens behind the scenes.

13 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Actually some of us have a pretty good idea of what goes on  behind the scenes. Frankly near enough is just not good enough and from personal experience I know they can be doing better. And I am most definitely not alone in that opinion either.

You're not allowed to criticize Movie World... EVER

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb