Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

Definitely not overthinking it... the ride will remain based around the original film, and the name is basically SDSC 2.0, but just a better name than that. 

I made a post about the rides refurb coming up, and one of the common comments was people hoped it wasn't going to based around the new cartoon, and still stick to the original film. And I am very glad it is doing so. The queues entrance and the cars themselves are based off the film, so it makes sense to continue with this.

Visited the park today and went on the ride for the first time in a while. People have mentioned this before, but too confirm there is a large white wall in place at the first bend as you leave the station, up until the bunny hops.

There was no smoke in the disco room, and one laser placed on the ground.

It really scares me that it only says mapping projection, mist and sound and no mention of anything physical. I would assume that since they were specific by including mist in the description that they would have included mention of any physical sets, props or animatronics if they were being used since those types of things are a big deal and very expensive.  

I really hope they still use real sets and they just haven’t mentioned i think it will take away from the character of the ride, not that it will not be good either way I mean I can’t judge it until is finished but here’s hoping.

2 hours ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

@Mc coaster

They are bringing back the old animatronics and other physical sets from the ride before they gutted it. The projection mapping is like ‘the cherry of the cake’.

I hope you have a new source because your last one sucked.  Statements like "They are" leaves you nowhere to go when little Jimmy leads you down the wrong path.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Does does that mean the ride won’t just be screens? It will be like the original version but even more awesome 

That's my expectations.

Just now, pushbutton said:

Projection mapping doesn't involve screens! 

An object being utilised as a screen.  A surface is required.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

I hope you have a new source because your last one sucked.  Statements like "They are" leaves you nowhere to go when little Jimmy leads you down the wrong path.

That's my expectations.

An object being utilised as a screen.  A surface is required.

Of course surfaces are required. I'm expecting to be impressed! 

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb