Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

Omg I love Parkz. 

We've gone from full theming happening now, to postponed, to the ride becoming D.C. and all theming being destroyed in some mystery incident in like one page :)

Cant say we don't hold our own for entertainment value alone. 

Omg I love Parkz. 

We've gone from full theming happening now, to postponed, to the ride becoming D.C. and all theming being destroyed in some mystery incident in like one page :)

Cant say we don't hold our own for entertainment value alone. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With talk of a significant update to SDSC coming (Parkz interiew with Clark Kirby), I was thinking.. the previous version of the ride I interpreted as Scooby getting so scared, he runs away from the haunted castle ride and the gang joins him at a party* instead.

I'd kinda like to see a more involved plot, where they catch a monster and reveal the villain. So in the queue you get a story of a monster and meet a few characters who set the story up.

The part of the ride up to the elevator is Daphne, Fred and Velma decide to go one way, Scooby Doo, Shaggy and you go another. The elevator is a trap the monster sets, and the wild mouse element is a chase scene you often see in the tv show, where the monster chases Scooby and Shaggy.

The turntable and hairpin corners are you avoiding the monster, with audio in straights of Fred, Daphne and Velma setting a trap for the monster. You catch the villain and reveal their identity before the 'surprise drop'. Maybe keep the MXPX music for the disembark station/walkway to the gift shop.

* Unless the wild mouse section was always meant to reference a 'chase' scene?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Glubbo said:

With talk of a significant update to SDSC coming (Parkz interiew with Clark Kirby), I was thinking.. the previous version of the ride I interpreted as Scooby getting so scared, he runs away from the haunted castle ride and the gang joins him at a party* instead.

I'd kinda like to see a more involved plot, where they catch a monster and reveal the villain. So in the queue you get a story of a monster and meet a few characters who set the story up.

The part of the ride up to the elevator is Daphne, Fred and Velma decide to go one way, Scooby Doo, Shaggy and you go another. The elevator is a trap the monster sets, and the wild mouse element is a chase scene you often see in the tv show, where the monster chases Scooby and Shaggy.

The turntable and hairpin corners are you avoiding the monster, with audio in straights of Fred, Daphne and Velma setting a trap for the monster. You catch the villain and reveal their identity before the 'surprise drop'. Maybe keep the MXPX music for the disembark station/walkway to the gift shop.

* Unless the wild mouse section was always meant to reference a 'chase' scene?

Do you imagine this themed to the movie or cartoon?

38 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

As I've said elsewhere (in this thread?), I'd love to see the style of Mystery Inc, but classic cartoon is the way to go. I don't know if MW has the rights to anything bar the movie filmed at the studios.

The movie the ride is themed to wasn't filmed at the studios.  It was filmed in Vancouver.  The original 2002 movie was filmed at the studios, but 'Monsters Unleashed' was filmed in Canada.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331632/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt

• Like 1

Wiki, for someone with Wiki in their name on a website about Australian Theme Parks, one would imply you knew what a major ride in one of our 2 biggest parks is themed to. Tell me, where does the ghost train, castle, theme park concept, and giant jungle face appear in the 2nd film? The only in park things taken from the 2nd film are Shaggys outfit roaming the park and i think the Mystery Machine.

My guess is SMG's Buffy schedule played a part in that.

Seems strange to me - what is there to hate about filming on the coast? Not saying it isn’t true, but given every other actor who has filmed here has been nothing but complimentary it seems odd. 

IMDB tells me SMG was doing 2 weeks on 2 weeks off due to tv commitments, so I’d say it would have been the travel issue that she disliked other than the physical location 

56 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Seems strange to me - what is there to hate about filming on the coast? Not saying it isn’t true, but given every other actor who has filmed here has been nothing but complimentary it seems odd. 

IMDB tells me SMG was doing 2 weeks on 2 weeks off due to tv commitments, so I’d say it would have been the travel issue that she disliked other than the physical location 

Apparently they didn’t like fans annoying them and the quality of GC restaurants.

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The media at the time kept writing stories too about how those 2 hated working here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Except for Johnny Depp who vowed on a tv interview to never return to Australia.

I’ve had a long association with Tangalooma Resort and many of its staff and residents over the years.

The stories I heard, basically boiled down to Sarah and Freddy being total Divas and refusing to stay on the island. They were heli-coptered off the island each night back to the GC. 

Having said that, the rest of the cast and crew were the total opposite apparently. One of my mates assures me that of all the stars there for the filming period, Rowan Atkinson was exceptional and nothing but a gentleman, and happily chatted and had a drink with the staff and residents. So if you’ve always dreamed of having a beer with Mr Bean, at least you know he’s amicable.

• Like 2

I’m told some of the issues were indeed the food and beverage on the coast, with both stars travelling to Sydney when they could.

Another reason I’m told is that no one knew who they were. Sure the pap did follow them, but not as much as they hoped.

Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Rowen Atckinson were apparently the complete opposite to those two. It’s worrh noting though that I was told that Freddie Prince Jnr only became a Diva once SMG arrived in Australia.

Edited by T-bone

Went on SDSC last night and there have been some changes made during its maintenance period.

Firstly, the hallway has had a repaint so there is no longer or the vandalism people have made:

IMG_0891.thumb.jpg.75792cbd66785ce36790fe1b2cde5b3b.jpg

The main hall area has had a major dust and some touch ups too.

The biggest change was the queue, as Fast Track has been moved. The FT used to go to the right, but now goes left, runs around the edge of the hall and up the left of the hallway, so now guests queue on the right. The station has been modified slightly to accomodate this change, so now the FT queue leads right to the loading area, rather that right next to the standard queue.

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb