Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

15 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Amazing how much we criticize DW and SW huh

Strip Scooby Doo of all it's thematic elements and I still think it's a really fun coaster, in fact it's in my top 3 for Movie World rides. The raw ride itself is thrilling and has an awesomely long ride time which makes it epic even without the theming. Have a think.. if you had never been on the ride before and went on it for the first time you would probably be more worried about the sharp corners and drops rather than the effects.

And this is the problem.

We all know that ALL of our Gold Coast theme parks have seen better days. But if you had never visited any before, I'm sure you could have an awesome time at all of them.

Apart from Sea World.

Sea World is the problem. Not Movie World, Dreamworld, WhiteWater World or WetNWild. While all of them could have some touch ups, Sea World is bare. If you're not a kid, you won't be able to have a good time at Sea World. At least I couldn't. 2 thrill rides, 0 family rides, and a few kids rides. This is our problem!

I know, and we all know that both Village and Ardent have a lot of work to do, however Movie World is not far off to become the ultimate theme park.

I really don't see the need to complain about it.

• Like 3

Why dont you? The complaints are pretty spot on. They started doing some restorative works a few years ago, what with facade work and new toilet blocks and stuff, but thats all stopped instead of continuing. So it does look run down.

The kids area is a joke compared to every other park, in perhaps australia. Old fair style rides, nothing for kids that arent tall enough or brave enough for the thrill rides. Its in desperate need of renovation and seems to be overlooked every year. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 3

If I rock up an hour late to a meeting, the expectation is that i'll let the organiser know in advance - it's when communication is sparse about my tardiness, why i'm late or when i'll finally rock up is when people get annoyed, and that's exactly what's happening here with VRTP's communication.

Luckily @Richard has a good rapport with the team there and was able to snag that interview with the CEO who gave us a timeline as to when they'd go to work on Scooby Doo, otherwise we'd know nothing at all.

• Like 3

On 24/02/2018 at 9:40 AM, MickeyD said:

According to recent Parkz interview with Mr Kirby, MW are looking at introducing Projection Mapping effects for the Dark Section of the ride but that process is being dragged through the licensing and approval process at WBs in the US. Interesting that the ride continues to Operate in this hollowed-out state with barely an end in sight?

Sorry to bring up an old post but if the projection mapping is anything like the projections on white night in Melbourne I can totally see why they are taking their time and have gutted the decor while they do it. Those things look like they would take forever to create and they're on a canvas that does not have any moving elements to account for. Part of me wonders if it will be fully projected or if it will be like the Alice in Wonderland ride in the U.S. only incorporating the speed, sudden jerks and dips into jump scares. Either way hearing that they are considering projections has got me excited once again for what used to be my favourite ride.

That's an interesting idea if it is true, mostly interesting because the movie is quite old now I really thought they would go for something newer and potentially cheaper.

I am hoping that this is for the queue area something to take the themeing of the ride to the next level... remove the fountain and have the psychotic table of killer food in the middle, have the robots all around....  and the rest of the ride writes itself

I am a Scooby apologist so i'm happy either way, any excuse to watch Scooby Doo... 

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb