Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Speaking of ruined effects,  this cable has been exposed like this for at least a week now. 

The effect is not working, but how hard would it be to at least hide the cable? 

20171112_132753.thumb.jpg.52110bfd7cf040c90122348a47933012.jpg

Oh man! That looks so terrible! 😢

They’ll be forgiven if the upgrade is worthwhile.

Edited by daveoparks
  • Like 1

Well. That's the last time (I really hope) I'll go on the ride with no themeing (or theming, I still can't work out how to spell that one!)

Really looking forward to it reopening. Just hope I won't find it disappointing after waiting so long. As long as it's AT LEAST as good as it used to be (but preferably much better) I'll be satisfied!

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Well. That's the last time (I really hope) I'll go on the ride with no themeing (or theming, I still can't work out how to spell that one!)

Really looking forward to it reopening. Just hope I won't find it disappointing after waiting so long. As long as it's AT LEAST as good as it used to be (but preferably much better) I'll be satisfied!

Hopefully, it is

I rode SDSC in September, rode it again that night for Fright Night, dont know why I did it again knowing the effects and theming weren’t operational haha. But as for that cable behind the suit of armour, I noticed that when I was in the queue too, I remember pointing it out to my friends. So it’s been like that for a little while now. 

Surely there must be a manager (or several) whose job includes frequently walking around the park to check everything is ok.

I know I've had jobs where that was an essential requirement. 

Assuming they do,  I can't understand how they miss things like this, or the various other things I've mentioned in the "Simple Maintenance" thread. 

Little details can make a big difference to the guest experience! 

MW actually have a number of roles in place. There is a Park Supervisor who spends a good deal of their day roaming the grounds and each Attraction has their own Supervisor / Senior stationed in each Control room. The more senior Peeps like Greg and Selena also spend a lot of time in the Parks and would no doubt spot stuff that is broken/needs fixing and pass it on to the relevant dept for a maintenance request to be actioned.

Such requests would be dealt with in order of priority. If is something that will not critically effect the show, safety or  operation then it may take longer to fix. E.g. SDSC is down from today for extensive work. Anything that can wait, waits. Chipped paint may be something for an off site Contractor to receive and action and the broken clock may be something profoundly more complicated than you think - those clocks were part of the original MW design and the parts may be coming from overseas/and/or are extremely difficult to source.

Fair points, but the chipped paint was on something that's been in storage for nearly a year. I would expect they should have been inspected and repaired either before being stored after last Christmas, or before being put on display this Christmas. 

The clock in question stops working frequently. If it's that unreliable it should be replaced. It's only a clock after all. Not expensive, and easy to source locally. 

Fair enough if the knight statue has to wait until the ride is closed for maintenance  (which it is now), but I still say the cable should at least have been tucked away in the interim, and that's something anyone checking on it could have done immediately. 

On 12/11/2017 at 9:15 AM, pushbutton said:

We've been waiting about a year with it in its current state, so I would definitely hope it will be not just as good as it was,  but far better! 

Why it had to be empty so long though is beyond me. 

Clearly you have problems with long term memory. Go back and read the thread about it when it first had the theming taken out. You might be enlightened.

copy and paste answer. That's the same answer they've given all year, and doesn't tell us anything new.

Also - did you blur our your name, which I presume is Ash, when your ID is Ash95 anyway?

What! you mean to say that your parents didn't actually name you with numbers! The Deception!!!

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

copy and paste answer. That's the same answer they've given all year, and doesn't tell us anything new.

Also - did you blur our your name, which I presume is Ash, when your ID is Ash95 anyway?

What! you mean to say that your parents didn't actually name you with numbers! The Deception!!!

I blurred it because it is a friend sent me it so I blurred his name, my friend asked not me.

11 minutes ago, AlexB said:

It looks like Ash.:)

@Ash95 Is your friends name Bob or Tim?

Edited by Skeeta

Sorry, didn't realise this at first. Can't believe I overlooked it.

Clearly MW isn't giving the same copy and paste answer, because everyone else has asked about refurbishment!

Your friend on the other hand wanted to enquire about refurnishing! That's a horse of a different colour!

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb