Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

What made Scooby Doo such a great ride was how it felt like you were part of the whole experience. The animatronics (most specifically Scooby Doo) in the ride looked very close to how they appeared in the movie, the sets looked very similar to the film etc. The theming was, when it was new, world class and on pace with what Disney was doing at the time.

I really hope VRTP does not pull off a Universal with this refurbishment and go with the screens only route. Practical effects and physical animatronics look far better even if their upkeep costs are more expensive (ie. original King Kong ride at Universal Florida and the new King Kong ride at Islands of Adventure). Putting screens all throughout the ride makes it look cheap and half-assed irrespective if original footage was shot for the ride or not. Obviously with the renovation they need to and should use some things like projection mapping, but use it sparingly, making the ride 100% screens like Universal does more harm than good.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

I just watched this video. I had no idea the theming had been removed from the coaster. Such a shame. Though if I do say so myself riding a roller coaster in basically pitch black darkness looks pretty damn scary lol

https://youtu.be/AB6d_5NBzaU

It's rather dull to be honest, at least when you have ridden it with the theming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, razza1987 said:

I just watched this video. I had no idea the theming had been removed from the coaster. Such a shame. Though if I do say so myself riding a roller coaster in basically pitch black darkness looks pretty damn scary lol

https://youtu.be/AB6d_5NBzaU

So you obviously haven't been keeping up with this thread if seeing a recent video of Scooby is the first you've heard of the theming being removed. It's been the main point of conversation in this thread for the last year at least?

7 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

So you obviously haven't been keeping up with this thread if seeing a recent video of Scooby is the first you've heard of the theming being removed. It's been the main point of conversation in this thread for the last year at least?

What’s your point? Up until the Dreamworld inquest I hadn’t been active on this forum in quite a while

2 hours ago, red dragin said:

It's rather dull to be honest, at least when you have ridden it with the theming.

I admit it certainly does take the atmosphere and creativity away from the ride. Hopefully they add theming back in in this new maintenance downtime

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

What’s your point? Up until the Dreamworld inquest I hadn’t been active on this forum in quite a while

I admit it certainly does take the atmosphere and creativity away from the ride. Hopefully they add theming back in in this new maintenance downtime

They will. That has been confirmed. It will by all accounts be much better than the themeing that was there previously.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

It will by all accounts be much better than the themeing that was there previously.

Really, what inside gossip have you got?

I thought you were in the wait and see mode.

On 15/06/2018 at 7:14 PM, pushbutton said:

Given Villages record on maintenance of theming, I have my reservations, but we'll see.

Edited by Skeeta

17 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

Seriously grow up and stop stalking my posts 

Don't flatter yourself.

It's called 'unread content' and it appears at the top right of the forums.

image.png.5493954c070c957886de8924fb71ebaf.png

When you click this link, it shows you everything in the forum you haven't read.

I'm going to assume you didn't know this either, and if that's the case, this explains a lot about why you ask so many questions on topics that have already been answered - because you aren't reading all the topics. THis isn't having a go at you, this is me coming to more of an understanding as to why you appear to be so lazy - you're not lazy, you're just ignorant. Not an insult, just a truth - you didn't know.

Anyway - I have far better things to do than 'stalk' someone. I read unread posts when I come here, and i respond if I feel so inclined.

If i was stalking you, you'd know it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AlexB said:

When you click this link, it shows you everything in the forum you haven't read.

I'm going to assume you didn't know this either, and if that's the case, this explains a lot about why you ask so many questions on topics that have already been answered - because you aren't reading all the topics. THis isn't having a go at you, this is me coming to more of an understanding as to why you appear to be so lazy - you're not lazy, you're just ignorant. Not an insult, just a truth - you didn't know

I wasn't aware this forum had that function either, normally use the mobile version which doesn't have that text. Turns out on mobile it's a newspaper image to the left of the magnifying glass. 

• Like 2

Just a thought maybe I am overthinking it but from what I understand the new theming on SDSC is following the same theme of the first movie and the New Generation is just referring to the rides theming being redone. My concern is that could people possibly think that the addition of new generation to the name think that the ride will have a different more modern version/storyline of Scooby-doo and be disappointed that it still has the theme of the original movie. I think that either way the new theming will be amazing but could be people feel mislead by the name.

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb