Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

It’s fine as a name, it’s the same coaster with “next generation” tech added. 

MW  wouldn’t be wise to totally change the name as it it will be the “same ride” with added features. Imagine the backlash if they gave a whole new name and marketed it as a totally new ride. 

Most people will still just call it the Scooby Coaster either way. 

11 minutes ago, diesal11 said:

Like they did with Lethal Weapon/Arkham Asylum? 

They changed the overall theme of the Lethal Weapon, so They had to change the name, so that point isn’t exactly valid.

If they kept it as Leghal weapon theme and added a Lethal VR they could have just called it “Lethal Weapon: Next Generation”.  

If they changed the Scooby to “Jokers Funhouse” then yes a name change is valid. 

But by keeping it a Scooby theme people will ultimately just call it the Scooby Coaster regardless, so a major name change is unecessary.

• Like 1

@rac2703 I 100% agree. It can be compared to DW's Nickelodeon Central rethemeing to Dreamworks Experience. They are the same rides, but with completely different themes, so they have to change the name - you can't have a ride themed to gingerbread called Spongebob Fly Pants. Scooby coaster, however, is still keeping the Scooby Doo theme so they can't call it a new ride when it is still the exact same ride with the exact same theme, just with some new lights.

• Like 2

On 09/07/2018 at 9:36 PM, rac2703 said:

If they changed the Scooby to “Jokers Funhouse” then yes a name change is valid. 

This got me thinking if the new Scooby coaster will be Scooby meets Batman. Convert the entry area into the Batcave, then the rests is a mission/chase?

See this trailer for Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

It is a very kid friendly Batman, would allow them to keep a kids ride that fits in with all the surrounding DC theming... and combines Batman & Scooby Doo! What more could you want in a ride?!

And the merchandise sells itself, Scooby dressed as Batman.... (I need to go lie down now, got over excited)

17 minutes ago, troll under the coaster said:

This got me thinking if the new Scooby coaster will be Scooby meets Batman. Convert the entry area into the Batcave, then the rests is a mission/chase?

Movie World has already confirmed it will remain themed to the 2002 Scooby-Doo film. 

The email that first mentioned the next generation version stated - “Be immersed in some of the spookiest scenes from the Scooby-Doo film”.

Edited by rac2703

30 minutes ago, troll under the coaster said:

See this trailer for Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

It is a very kid friendly Batman, would allow them to keep a kids ride that fits in with all the surrounding DC theming... and combines Batman & Scooby Doo! What more could you want in a ride?!

And the merchandise sells itself, Scooby dressed as Batman.... (I need to go lie down now, got over excited)

I don't know if I like your idea, but I would’ve preferred something different than the same old stale movie.

3 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

and what they may not realise

? are you saying MW don't know WB make other movies.  What would push replace Loony Tunes with?

I am guessing that the new theme will incorporate the spirits being snatched and put into scrappy do like in the movie. That is where projections, holograms and other trickery could be used. It would need a big druid circle section thing, so disco room may change. I do hope they get Rowan Atkinson's voice behind it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb