Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

10 hours ago, rac2703 said:

Have you seen videos of Mystic Manor, that’s a great example of what projection mapping can do when combined with physical props. 

As someone who went on Mystic Manor a few weeks ago. I can confirm the ride is just an amazing example of a dark ride. The projection mapping and sets do work well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

Interesting that they’ve engaged a supplier who has gone and violated their contractor induction policy right from the get go...

Hardly feel that’s a back of house photo approved by VRTP marketing dept

They didn't really reveal anything though (other than that it uses projection mapping, but we already knew that anyway).

2 hours ago, DJKostya said:

play the movie in between.

I think that would possibly infringe on the film's copyright for public broadcast use - and would probably require a different licence again.

To be honest, rather than showing the video on two big screens in the queue, i'd rather they devoted their time to small interactive elements throughout the queue. Things that keep guests occupied will prevent wanton vandalism and destruction...

They won’t get rid of the screens because the queue area is used for private evening events, and they use those screens. But it would definitely would be good to show multiple videos or something different. They won’t show cartoons because it doesn’t fit into what the ride is based around (the film), but it would certainly be great if they did play classic Scooby cartoons 

I think it would be great if they had some info in the queue letting people know that movie was filmed on site at the studios, a lot of non-locals don’t seem to know this. I’m sure they could also get some of the original costumes/props or even make replicas and put them on display in the queue for people to look at.

• Like 2

It's a ride, not a behind the scenes experience. Something setting up the story setting or tone of the ride would be best. The DVD extra video was at least entertaining and set up the tone of the whole thing but I think if you're going to go to the effort of spending a couple million re doing the ride, you also change the video to something that supports the story of the ride - even if the story is as simple as you're on an old Ghost Train that's actually haunted in the Scooby Doo movie universe.

• Like 5

@jozwelcome to my "I agree 100% with you club".  Something @AlexBonly dreams of being in but will never happen. 😘

Scooby stands on its own and adding a behind the scene to the queue is no different to adding Coke and Mentos together.  Separately they're fine but together all you get is a mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joz said:

It's a ride, not a behind the scenes experience. Something setting up the story setting or tone of the ride would be best. The DVD extra video was at least entertaining and set up the tone of the whole thing but I think if you're going to go to the effort of spending a couple million re doing the ride, you also change the video to something that supports the story of the ride - even if the story is as simple as you're on an old Ghost Train that's actually haunted in the Scooby Doo movie universe.

Sounds good, but why not show that for say 5mins and then a 2 minute video which features the producer of the movie excitedly boasting about how the movie was made there!

2 hours ago, joz said:

Because it breaks the immersion and the illusion they're trying to create. It's the same reason you don't have behind the scenes footage in the middle of a normal movie. The themeing and immersion is supposed to suspend your disbelief, the behind the scenes stuff breaks the 4th wall and tells you how it was done.

Fair points.

On 21/09/2018 at 5:26 PM, Gazza said:

That sounds a bit edumacational.

Should be about FUN!

HahAha @GazzaTell Village that.  MW & SW have taken the fun out of all shows. 

HWSD2 = Not fun.

Jet Stunt Show = Not Fun.

Seal Guardian = Not Fun.

I would say edumacationa is village angle and it sucks a big lemon.

• Like 2

• Richard changed the title to Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb