Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely think it was a bad idea to remove the tree I do not really now how to describe it but to me it kind of helped give it the spooky, forestry, scheduled feel to the front facade while now it looks very exposed and open which to me is not what they should be going for in a spooky castle. The detailing on the facades bricks look great but I think the brown cone things on top (not sure what they are called) stand out a bit to much and need to be darkened down a bit. I think overall it looks great and can’t wait to see what’s in store on the inside.

44 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

Definitely think it was a bad idea to remove the tree I do not really now how to describe it but to me it kind of helped give it the spooky, forestry, scheduled feel to the front facade while now it looks very exposed and open which to me is not what they should be going for in a spooky castle. The detailing on the facades bricks look great but I think the brown cone things on top (not sure what they are called) stand out a bit to much and need to be darkened down a bit. I think overall it looks great and can’t wait to see what’s in store on the inside.

I agree, but I think you meant secluded? It is possible something else might be going in where the tree was.

11 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

the brown cone things on top (not sure what they are called)

That'd be a 'spire'.

It's sad to see that tree go - i'm pretty sure that was an original planting, and was one of the last ones around the park. I hope the only reason for removal was that it was diseased \ dangerous \ causing structural problems. if its been removed for aesthetics, or to throw in a fast pass booth or something i'd be pissed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

That'd be a 'spire'.

Thought so but I wasn’t very sure. Thanks @AlexB

8 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

They need to do something because the tree did hide a very unattractive wall.

Hopefully they do do something with it especially they since they have put in so much time and effort in rejuvenating the facade it would be such a shame if they just left it that way even if it is just putting in a new tree.