Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster refurb

3 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

A new smaller tree has been put in place of the larger one and the trains are being worked on.

Andrew H Productions Presents..

Yeah, I wouldn’t put the music on or have the logo at the end. Making it look official is actually making things worse. Just do a good job of documenting the things when they open.

3 hours ago, Slick said:

I really appreciate the update but I just don’t get the need for a) videos when photos will suffice and b) the want to make the 10,000th Gold Coast theme parks fan portal. This community is way, way stronger when we’re not separated into hundreds of fractions, just sayin’. 

I’m still waiting for Dreamnova. 😜

16 hours ago, Slick said:

I really appreciate the update but I just don’t get the need for a) videos when photos will suffice and b) the want to make the 10,000th Gold Coast theme parks fan portal. This community is way, way stronger when we’re not separated into hundreds of fractions, just sayin’. 

Doesn't Parkz have a policy on posting links to user's own content?

Parks on the coast - a youtube channel - is operated by @Gold Coast Amusement Force

Here's the link to the channel info: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Yv0S_Zpbjmo5zB6QwtD7w/about

Email address on the channel is gcthemeparksz@<omitted>.com

Facebook page for GCthemeparks - https://www.facebook.com/pg/GCthemepark5/about/?ref=page_internal

The Parkz profile for GCAF which lists the youtube channel as their webpage - https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/profile/32341-gold-coast-amusement-force/

which also lists the insta page for gc_themeparks

I mean, if its a video of a POV, or an actual, couple of minutes of narrative and footage, sure - but 5 second epileptic scans of a scene which could be much better portrayed in a photo, or slideshows of pictures put into a youtube video that you can't effectively zoom in on or otherwise closely analyse are just shit.

Not to mention - this video in particular is combined content so we end up getting the same video posted as a reply to multiple threads -

In short, I feel like perhaps posting videos (that are just still-photo slideshows, or short 'vine' like videos) from youtube (since Parkz doesn't host playable videos in forum) is a way of subverting the rules on hot linking to images on other sites. Of course, i'm not a moderator, so whether that is actually breaching the rules, or perhaps if the rules need to change to account for the loophole is entirely up to the Parkz team.

Probably toeing a line over the guidelines too.

Promotion

Users may not create threads or posts for the purposes of advertising other websites.

This is regardless of whether or not the website belongs to the user, or whether it could be considered a competing site. This is different to linking to sites for the purposes of promoting stimulating discussions on Parkz. This includes the posting of photographs images which contain excessive graphical references to other websites, as deemed by a staff member.

Users may not create accounts, threads or posts to advertise any company, product or service they are affiliated with.

Users may not register usernames or use words or images in their profile to promote products, brands or websites that they are affiliated with. Members may use brands in their profile to show fondness or affinity, such as the username DisneyFan or a display picture of their favourite park, provided they have no direct affiliation.

We welcome theme park representatives to contact us to set up an officially endorsed account to engage with the Parkz community.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, themagician said:

Yes, but the way MW do their dates on maintenance. The date shown is the day it reopens. DW do it the opposite, and the date shown is the last day of maintenance

DW do something correct for once and MW screw it up.  Am I drunk or have I bumped my head?

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...