Movie World development front of main street

37 minutes ago, mission said:

Jesus some people are f*&ktards.

What was the verdict?

There's been no mention since September last year. I would think that it was settled for a sum of money and kept quiet. As ridiculous and crazy as the claim is, legally Movie World would have been responsible. It's a crazy world we live in. Thankfully most members of the public just move on with life after something like this occurs without taking legal action...

Edited by andrewt92

Last year Movie World were receiving a lot of complaints via their official FB page about the lack of seating around the park during busy periods, people having to resort to sitting on the curb etc to eat their lunch. It was a particularly big issue over the Xmas holiday period. 

Clearly this is management's response to that feedback, as extra park benches and seating have visably popped up all over the place, and just in time for the June school holidays 😁

20170616_103638.thumb.jpg.5485da966b793590b3bd28749393433d.jpg

20170616_110205.thumb.jpg.470dca92347e5b057f370409ff795e2f.jpg

20170616_104208.thumb.jpg.c18c008a0d67bb67dc41011422111cfa.jpg

20170616_103622.thumb.jpg.5e98e4a4da31c258d5e238067a28b070.jpg

25 minutes ago, Themeparkfan said:

I personally think having benches in the middle of the Main Street square looks cheap and tacky they should have put garden fences up on the planters like Disney does to keep people from standing on them and put benches around it that would of fixed the problem in my opinion 

I agree, perhaps this is just a time filler/stop-gap until something else goes in?

48 minutes ago, Themeparkfan said:

I personally think having benches in the middle of the Main Street square looks cheap and tacky they should have put garden fences up on the planters like Disney does to keep people from standing on them and put benches around it that would of fixed the problem in my opinion 

Image result for damned if you do damned if you don't

Personally I think it is a great idea...  Nothing worse that struggling to find somewhere to eat...  Grabbed a coffee the other morning and was much more comfortable to be able to sit at a table, in Main Street and watch the big screen while waiting for them to drop the ropes...  Same again at lunch...  Sitting down, eating with the little one and despite the crowd there for a show we could be comfortably seated, eating without trying to balance food on our laps, and watching the show going on...

At least the park benches are removable... they can very easily put them out for busy periods and then take them out for the remainder of the time, in which they can set anything up in those spots, really!

It will free up some space for more special event stuff as well ☺️

On 2017-6-16 at 1:33 PM, andrewt92 said:

Do you think they did this to prevent this from happening again? 

That was my initial thought, but then again what's stopping the same kind of people from attempting to stand up on the benches as well during the parade? Will they then expect the park to have 'do not stand on tables' signs around the area as a reminder not to do that as well? 🤔