Movie World Hypercoaster intensity: greying or blacking out

To be completely honest, and I'm really not bothered whether people agree with me or not; but I feel this ride is going to be a little too forceful and extreme for me. The constant turning screams "grey out"  😂 I really really enjoy rides with loads of airtime moments, twist and turns but this looks 10x more than what I consider fun, at this point I'd prefer flashs layout which is the perfect hypercoaster imo.

This ride still has potential to win me over if they finally start adding more direct ejector moments rather than the state it's currently in (a spaghetti mess) but that's been looking slim.

- for those will likely downvote me, not everyone has to love this ride 100% - I'll still ride it of course but I agree with the above ^^ I'll probably give riding this 20 times in a row a miss.. 😬

Edited by jack.c

3 minutes ago, jack.c said:

To be completely honest, and I'm really not bothered whether people agree with me or not; but I feel this ride is going to be a little too forceful and extreme for me. The constant turning screams "grey out"  😂 I really really enjoy rides with loads of airtime moments, twist and turns but this looks 10x more than what I consider fun, at this point I'd prefer flashs layout which is the perfect hypercoaster imo.

This ride still has potential to win me over if they finally start adding more direct ejector moments rather than the state it's currently in (a spaghetti mess) but that's been looking slim.

- for those will likely downvote me, not everyone has to love this ride 100% - I'll still ride it of course but I agree with the above ^^ I'll probably give riding this 20 times in a row a miss.. 😬

That's okay with me. This ride is certainly going to make me a tad queasy too. It will likely take some time before I ride this back-to-back. This said, I can't wait until I've conditioned myself for multiple re-rides.

Perhaps I'll never get used to it, and only be able to ride it twice a day. I'm okay with that too.

3 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

That's okay with me. This ride is certainly going to make me a tad queasy too. It will likely take some time before I ride this back-to-back. This said, I can't wait until I've conditioned myself for multiple re-rides.

Perhaps I'll never get used to it, and only be able to ride it twice a day. I'm okay with that too.

At least we're on the same page. 

Looks like this ride so far; but ours still looks to be 20x more intense. 

17 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Honest question, how do you fare on Jet Rescue?

Never been on it. 

1 hour ago, jack.c said:

To be completely honest, and I'm really not bothered whether people agree with me or not; but I feel this ride is going to be a little too forceful and extreme for me. The constant turning screams "grey out"  😂 I really really enjoy rides with loads of airtime moments, twist and turns but this looks 10x more than what I consider fun,

1 hour ago, Glubbo said:

That's okay with me. This ride is certainly going to make me a tad queasy too.

Actually, if you look at the the track profile, most of the sharp turns are placed at the high points in the ride (so far), so the coaster will actually lose a lot of speed at the top of the loop, at the top of the Stengel Dive, and just before the turnaround which will reduce the lateral G forces on those twists to what you would experience on Jet Rescue at Sea World.

So far, the High-Speed turns (like the S-Bend) are profiled to have heart-line offset banking.  So, the G-forces look more forceful than your experience of them, because the coaster 'turns' on the z-axis at your chest height, not at the track height.  The forces are more like Slalom Skiing than a chair tipping over.  (That's probably a crap analogy, but it's the best I can think of).

It also is hugging the ground a lot, so it will feel faster than it is.

Force wise (based only on the build so far), I believe if Superman Escape and Jet Rescue had a baby, this coaster would be it.

Edited by wikiverse
spelling

36 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Groundbreaking. Hair raising. Fast. Exhilarating. Smooth. Intense. Mind blowing. Terrifying. Thrilling. 

Just some words that come to mind with this. So Push, how can you possibly say this doesn't look.. fun?

I mean I don't think I'll find it enjoyable to ride.

Thrilling definitely, but not enjoyable for me.

^You guys can't be serious can you? I mean c'mon everyones been praying for a ride like this for the past 10 years now, and when we finally get it people are complaining that it looks to intense and doesn't look fun. Im honestly not sure if you're taking the piss @Glubbo by saying you need to get conditioned to ride it more then once because that made me LOL. As far as my thoughts for the ride are I'm fucking pumped and keen to ride this beast!!! Btw I've already booked a plane ticket to fly up in october to ride it 

Also if you guy's can't handle this ride then don't bother going to any six flags or cedar fair parks just saying :/

Also no hard feelings

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

I would say it looks like Maverick and Millenium Force had a baby. (Just not as tall)

Im praying 

8 hours ago, wikiverse said:

Force wise (based only on the build so far), I believe if Superman Escape and Jet Rescue had a baby, this coaster would be it.

I thought that was Maverick? or Taron?

This one is more like Skyrush or Flying Aces had a baby with Lost Gravity to me - the height and speed of Skyrush/Flying Aces, combined with the twistyness (almost compactness) and unique elements of Lost Gravity.

Having only ridden the Gold Coast and Brisbane (Expo Park) coasters I'm really excited for this one.

It's a coaster that one of the parks had to do and VRTP have made a bold move capex wise to do so.

Not everyone loves roller coasters just like I don't like flat rides like The Claw, Wipeout etc.

Everyone handles the forces on rides differently @Ryande16 so not everyone will be happy with it but at least it seems everyone here is going to try it once. Who knows maybe even @pushbutton will like it.

57 minutes ago, jack.c said:

The track twisting around the loop reminds me of Goliath (SFMM) after the break run.

I hope not. That's the part where it is reasonably common to grey out, as discussed earlier. I'm assuming most coaster manufacturers have learned from that mistake, and particularly a top quaility firm such as Mack.

9 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

I hope not. That's the part where it is reasonably common to grey out, as discussed earlier. I'm assuming most coaster manufacturers have learned from that mistake, and particularly a top quaility firm such as Mack.

Oh trust me I know.. I grey out every time. 

I am going to say the coaster looks like it will be intense. But I am sure it is going to be a thrill coaster that the GP will enjoy and hopefully make the investment pay itself off. I don't think Mack will design a ride that will make people unconscious and I am sure it will be an awesome coaster. Remember at the end of the day theme parks build what the GP want not enthusiast and from MW's market that is big a$$ coasters.

35 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I don't think Mack will design a ride that will make people unconscious

😂 Yeah, it's unlikely that would be a key goal of Mack's designers. The weird thing about Goliath is that the element in question comes after a pace-destroying brake section that brings the train to a virtual standstill, yet is still not enough to limit the hideous g-force that follows. I'm far more confident this coaster will avoid any major fails such as this.

Edited by GoGoBoy