Gumbaya World, the New Kid on the block!

Mark Shaw

25 minutes ago, AlexB said:

all the coaster parks... in a week?

That's like 9 parks!

Eh have you seen the type of travel I do? :)

In all seriousness, my plan is:

- Fri: Arrive (late)
- Sat: Luna Park Sydney, Husky Carnival
- Sun: Relocate to Longreach
- Mon: Qantas Museum, Outback Dinner & Live Show
- Tue: Stockman Museum, relocate to Surfers
- Wed: Warner Bros (all day)
- Thu: Aussie World, Dreamworld
- Fri: Sea World, Wet'n'Wild, relocate to Melbourne.
- Sat: Adventure Park Geelong, (optional) Luna Park Melbourne, Lakes Entrance Carnival
- Sun: Gumbuya World, evening flight to Singapore.

This is actually quite relaxed by my standards...

• Like 1

Everything else I’d say is achievable, but I’m not sure about the DW and Aussie World. It’s about an 90 - 120 minute drive between them (providing traffic is good). And DW is a massive park that you could spend all day at. Obviously dependant in queues and maintenance, but id say you’d only get until lunch time there before you’d have to leave.

SW and WNW is also ambitious, unless you aren’t bothered about the shows at SW and just want to go on the rides and walk around the park, then you’d be able to.

SW and WnW are both achievable in a day, and I know many who have done this. Richard and Megan do seem to take a 'no nonsence, get in get done and get out' approach. those two together will be easy.

I did think about AW and DW on the same day, but it is still definitely achievable. It is a 90 minute drive, but on a quiet day, AW would only take an hour or so to get through everything. This would give for example - 10am to 2:30pm at Dreamworld, 90 minute travel, followed by an hour at AW. 4.5 hours is a quick visit to DW, but still one with the ability to tick off all the majors you want to do if you're smart about it, plus if it is a super busy day, there's always Q4U...

Shows just how much Dreamworld commands my attention these days.

With the exception of a private event, the last general admission day I went to the park was after Pandamonium opened (but before it was finished). I haven't done Panda, but have done tailspin due to the private event. go figure.

I did however score a great deal from Dreamworld last week, so i'll be visiting again soon, and i'll be sure and update my park knowledge while i'm there. ;)

Also Geelong to Lakes Entrance is the best part of 5.5 hours drive.. fair hike and really ambitious to squeeze 2 events in on that day with a 3 hour trip back to Gumbuya World the next day.. 

Think you will sleep well on the plane after that whirlwind trip.

You could knock nearly an hour off the trip by going to Fun Fields instead of Adventure Park but still a pretty crazy day

Edited by yaark

7 hours ago, Noxegon said:

Eh have you seen the type of travel I do? :)

In all seriousness, my plan is:

- Fri: Arrive (late)
- Sat: Luna Park Sydney, Husky Carnival
- Sun: Relocate to Longreach
- Mon: Qantas Museum, Outback Dinner & Live Show
- Tue: Stockman Museum, relocate to Surfers
- Wed: Warner Bros (all day)
- Thu: Aussie World, Dreamworld
- Fri: Sea World, Wet'n'Wild, relocate to Melbourne.
- Sat: Adventure Park Geelong, (optional) Luna Park Melbourne, Lakes Entrance Carnival
- Sun: Gumbuya World, evening flight to Singapore.

This is actually quite relaxed by my standards...

You're not going to Funfields!!! *shakes head*

Lakes Entrance is an evening event.

Funfields doesn’t have a coaster (I’ve been there before anyway). 

I’m content with half a day at Dreamworld; Buzzsaw is the only new ride for me, and aside from the Giant Drop and Tower of Terror there’s precious little there considering that spin rides are really not my thing. 

As for a five hour drive, I’d just like to say that I’ve been to Merimbula twice :)

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

Hey look! A Whimsical caricature of the actual park, with easy to follow pathways that show you exactly where everything is - and not one glimpse of realistic 3d rendering - yet I still understand exactly how to follow it!

Movie world - are you paying attention here?

Exactly what I thought when I first saw it. I was going to mention it, but figured I should stop relating everything back to Movie World’s poor marketing 😉

Edited by GoGoBoy

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

Hey look! A Whimsical caricature of the actual park, with easy to follow pathways that show you exactly where everything is - and not one glimpse of realistic 3d rendering - yet I still understand exactly how to follow it!

Movie world - are you paying attention here?

It's very Adventure World ish TBH.. i would guess maybe Mark's influence there.