Movie World drops first official hints for forthcoming hypercoaster

13 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Pretty sure you weren't formally on the Wonder band wagon, why now the change of Heart?

Yeah, originally I never thought it was WW, but the more and more i think about it, the more I think it's likely. I know that the colour, except for being a feminine colour, doesn't relate to WW, but I can't think of any other DC themed, and inconic character, worthy of this scale of coaster. Suicide Squad would also make sense, but I can't see it happening purely because of the DW incident (Dreamworld changed their night event name because of it, and I think anything related to the subject matter is a bit touchy and will be for a long time). There have been a few characters that I've thought it could be, but they aren't well known and for this scale of coaster, can't see it happening. And there are already plenty of Joker themed rides in the park. Bizzaro still is a possible option for me, and makes sense in regards to it being supermans villians, and the two major Coasters in the park rival each other. I'm sure what ever it is, will make sense and we won't be disappointed

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Don't get the continual "there at plenty of Joker rides at the park" comment.

there are ZERO Joker themed rides. 

AA is not any more Joker Themed than it is Harley Quinn or Bane themed, in that they make an appearance in the queue line. It's themed to the collective group of bad guys

Arkham Asylum is 100% Joker themed. It's the Joker who places the hallucinogenic gas mask on you, and it's the Joker who drags you off the roof of the asylum.

Batman makes a brief appearances at the end, but otherwise it's only the joker who appears in it.

3 hours ago, wikiverse said:

@themagician But MW theme to the comic versions of the characters, not the movie versions.

I'm still predicting a Priscilla coaster.  Wait til you see how they tie it in the daily parade!

c9a00ff5c5cc5f7e875b1658885a3ef0.jpg

B R I L L I A N T ! ! ! !

Hey, let's face it.. .

Ain't gunna happen😣 Mind you, the very O U T R A G E O U S N E S S of a Priscilla themed Hypercoaster could possibly be the most utterly PERFECT one ever for a forward thinking Aussie Park like Movie World to consider.. never say never pencil it in I say!

10 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Arkham Asylum is 100% Joker themed. It's the Joker who places the hallucinogenic gas mask on you, and it's the Joker who drags you off the roof of the asylum.

Batman makes a brief appearances at the end, but otherwise it's only the joker who appears in it.

I take it you are referring to the VR version of the ride, which the majority of riders don't experience or see. It's not a theme if it's not inclusive of everyone on the ride, it's an addition. If they added VR option to Superman Escape where you were The Flash running around, it still wouldn't make it a Flash themed ride 

10 hours ago, pin142 said:

Why is this being discussed here when there is a topic about the theme already and ironically doing the same thing as far as potential theme goes.

Good point, dunno why it got derailed. Let's move the convo to the correct place 

The issue I have with Arkham Asylum is if you have no knowledge of Arkham Asylum it can be easy to jump to the conclusion that it’s a Joker Coaster.  If you have a little knowledge about Arkham Asylum like me, it would be hard to name the other characters that’s come from Arkham Asylum.

People who follow the DC comics can say until they are blue in the face that it not a Joker coaster but for somebody who doesn’t follow it.  All I see is Joker.  That’s the problem you get when you name a ride with an ambiguous name.

If the new coaster ends up being themed to the Joker what do people think about having 2 themed Joker coasters in the park?

The only knowledge I have of AA is the game, a very good game in fact. And I think the ride is very well themed, but really it is themed around the Asylum in which the joker has taken over, with Harley Quinn. The other villains are still captured within their jail cells, and Batman is looking over the asylum to stop the jokers plans. That's my thoughts on the story/theme on the ride. So yeah, technically it isn't joker themed, but he is an essential part to the story of it. 

How is it not Joker themed if you are saying the Joker has taken over?

His in AA

AA.thumb.JPG.fdf46ecf1dcb09d1dca36a5ad8b15e25.JPG

His in Super-Villains Unleashed Precinct.

SVU.JPG

Some would argue that he plays a part in Doomsday Destroyer.

Would an appearance in another attraction be to much?  How many rides is to many for the Joker to appear in?

Why are we talking about this here?

Edited by Skeeta

@AlexB Batman does what he wants.

@themagician  Back story.

"Only the bravest of people can enter the Asylum to face one of the most infamous criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters. With The Joker on the loose, riders will need to beware as the likes of Harley Quinn and Killer Croc could lurk around any corner."