Dreamworld Night Events Return

Yeah, just to further what @Reanimated35 shared above, I contacted Dreamworld directly last night asking about that. I was assured in the response that I would get an email about it and to 'stay tuned' ☺️ 

So yeah, it does appear to be the  replacement night event for Screamworld and I do believe that membership holders will get free entries to it as part of their usual included benefits 👍

12 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Will the Wipeout and Tower of Terror 2 even be open by the time this event comes round? Like its cute that they've put the main thrill rides on that thing but a bit misleading if they're still in 'maintenance'.

well.. Wipeout reopens on the 28th and TOT2 claims it will be open on the 5th 

We can definitely rule out Wipeout for the event, as for TOT2 we are going to have to wait and see if it gets pushed back which it is most likely going to happen 

Tailspin remains the only ride on the GC I haven't been on, mainly as I usually only attend DW with Mr 4y.o and the few times I've been there solo it has been down for whatever reason. 

Does look like a heap of fun (and I feel dizzy after watching that video haha)

Edited by Brad2912

Tailspin is crap unless you get the thing spinning.  Once spinning, it's completely different and is pretty good if you like spinning rides.

I hate spinning rides so have only been on this twice, first time I couldn't get it spinning, second time I spun myself sick :(

I've found the trick is to position the wings opposite ways before you even start, and then once you get released you already have a swing. Then once you've swung as far as possible, you change the wings over, until the swing is complete, and then you just repeat until you're spinning. Then you just hold the wings in place. A lot of people change the wings position to quickly and that's why they can't get it to spin. I really think they should play a video or have some images in the queue to show people how to do it properly, if they do want to spin 

43 minutes ago, Redboost said:

With Tailspin, what's the best way to get the maximum amount of spins? I've been on the ride twice and can never get as many spins as in the video shown and by the time I actually get some momentum, the ride is over. Am I missing something?? 

Go on a really windy day.

You will find the best time to get a spin going is when you're at the top, as there's more wind up there to get you going. Once you do get a spin just hold your position and you should keep on going until the end (that said - even I find it hard to stay spinning just because it does your head in after a while).

Edited by Santa07

4 hours ago, Redboost said:

With Tailspin, what's the best way to get the maximum amount of spins? I've been on the ride twice and can never get as many spins as in the video shown and by the time I actually get some momentum, the ride is over. Am I missing something?? 

Patience. Don't flap like a dill. Pretend you're skiing (so throw your arse into one side of the seat as if you're counterbalancing)  and flap one side up and one side down, then throw your arse the other side and bank the flaps the other way. Keep repeating and the sway will get bigger and bigger until you invert, and then you just hold.

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

It's simple. Take the front left seat. Pretty much zero effort required to spin. 

Yeah also another good point, go out the outer left seats. More lateral force = easier to pull off.

@Slick I feel like I can be the dick here before someone else beats me to it and pedantically correct you. 

Latteral forces are not what lets you spin. It's greater wind pressure on the wings. In the outside seats you go faster as the circumference of your 'flight' is larger. Also at the front there is nothing in front of you to block the airflow so you get greater lift still. 

#someonehadtodoit

#sorrynotsorry

Think of when you were on a playground swing, making yourself swing rather than having someone push you.

You would have done it by shifting your bodyweight and legs. 

Same thing here to build up enough momentum to flip, use your bodyweight and the wings to get going.

Once you get into a spin, you can tuck your legs up and duck your head down a bit to bring your center of gravity closer together, which makes it easier to maintain a fast spin.