Dreamworld Night Events Return

• 4 weeks later...

Event just finished, here are my thoughts on how it went.

It was beautiful to see how many people were in the park tonight, all thrill rides had long waits with TOT2 going down to the skull.

Kevil Hill was great fun as usual.

Managed to find a blindfold on the floor and managed to use it on Claw and Pandamonium (I know that's what I shouldn't have done but hey screw it I wasn't coughing up $4!) I did find it pretty effective and the only thing I could see was the lights around the area which is to be expected 

Personally I'm looking forward to the next one in July and I will be interested to see what they have to offer 😊

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

It was an absolute blast tonight. The park staff were friendly as always and it was great to see so many people in attendance! 

I have one criticism - went on shockwave and felt the additional harness is a little OTT safety wise. Used to go on that all the time and the back rest was always sufficient IMO. Took a lot longer to start also as the two staff member have to go around and strap everyone into the seatbelt style harness. I'm all for safety I just didn't think in having that added it made me any safer...

Obviously with so many in attendance the ride wait times were longer which was expected. Fully behind the marketing team for putting on a great event and I thoroughly look forward to the next one! Longest I had to wait was around 40 minutes for sidewinder.

Personal highlights - Kevil Hill was awesome and I feel the claw was going for a little longer tonight which was great :)

Edited by Reppie

As a few previous posters have said, the after dark event last night was fantastic. The view of the park on the Giant Drop was spectacular at night with all the lights.  Yes the lines were long - I think TOT 2 was the worst at about an hour wait - but it was just great to see such a crowd back at Dreamworld. I only wish they were able to stay open later than 10pm. 

I heard whispers that they had to close at this time due to noise laws. Can anyone confirm this?

1 hour ago, Aimsley81 said:

I heard whispers that they had to close at this time due to noise laws. Can anyone confirm this?

As what Magician said that's always been like that, We were lining up for Claw at 9:20pm last night they were saying they were going to start closing the line so they can finish at 10pm

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

MW is restricted to 8:30pm because houses are even closer to the park.

I thought it was 9pm? Unless you are referring to closing the queues at 8:30pm so they can finish at 9pm.. I do think they can operate the indoor rides like Scooby and JL past that time as well? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They should do a magic trick which makes Eureka reopen

In regards to your comment about Kevil.. @Minions!

They stated it was going to reopen exclusively for the event on Saturday. However part of me thinks that they are saying this is so they can get more people through the door by getting customers to think it is closing for good after the event.

This is something I wanted to say for a while now but seeing you brought it up I thought it might be the chance to say something.. all signage at the front of attraction stating it was reopening this summer has been removed.

I think DW has plans for an replacement in the works as I think the attraction has had it's  time and I think they should have killed it off as a whole when TCK was being constructed, I do think it will be one of the first areas that will be repurposed for Dreamworld's "memorable experiences" 

Addressing about KH

6 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

They should do a magic trick which makes Eureka reopen

And A Giga and Strata coaster appear.

Oh wait why there at it make a B&M, Intamin, Hyper, Moniral, RMC hybrid, fountain, dive, standup, walk through attraction built but Disney and referbished by Mack. (I think I covered everything) oh wait I am just using my imagination. (Cause it's dreamworld)

It’s neat that these are on the regular again and have a rotating theme to keep it fresh. I think it’s what was needed because a few years back the scream world idea was starting to become stale, especially given how much attention village was throwing at their night events. 

FYI, Dreamworld’s Snapchat is @dreamworldau. You’re welcome. 

• Like 2