Funfields new attractions 2017/18

GoGoBoy

I really knew nothing about any of these parks in Melbourne until this thread made me do a bit of research. They are really starting to come into their own. It's interesting and very positive that a number of these smaller parks are now seeing the value in investing in major new attractions. Adventure Park in Geelong is about to install a Tornado and the ad on the website is up there on par with the GC parks in terms of design, as you can see. I've always felt bad for Melbourne for only having the very below average Luna Park, but it looks like things are on the up down there.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 6.35.20 PM.png

Edited by GoGoBoy

• 1 month later...

Fairfields building the hype for a new attraction.

Funfields.thumb.jpg.249cfcada0fbc8572a87b09ad3f33ddf.jpg

sm.thumb.png.6990241de4191bc80943383d272dc845.png

I wonder if they are talking about the TornadoWAVE.

This was in the paper last year and it said it was for 2017/2018 season.

" A TORNADO is set to hit Whittlesea township next year as Funfields amusement park prepares to install its next big ride. The TornadoWAVE waterslide is one of many new attractions on the horizon."

At least they know how to advertise.

The only problem I have with Funfields advertising if this is the ride.  Why is it a secret now when you told everybody last year?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/north/funfields-amusement-park-to-install-tornadowave-next-year/news-story/4841bcf613bb1e7b9239255b2c0c6ea7

Edited by Skeeta

On 5/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, Skeeta said:

Fairfields building the hype for a new attraction.

Funfields.thumb.jpg.249cfcada0fbc8572a87b09ad3f33ddf.jpg

sm.thumb.png.6990241de4191bc80943383d272dc845.png

I wonder if they are talking about the TornadoWAVE.

This was in the paper last year and it said it was for 2017/2018 season.

" A TORNADO is set to hit Whittlesea township next year as Funfields amusement park prepares to install its next big ride. The TornadoWAVE waterslide is one of many new attractions on the horizon."

Looks great. Go Funfields!

On 5/12/2017 at 2:03 PM, Skeeta said:

Skeet has further investigated the situation and if you look in the news story it said attractions with an S.

I came across this approval.

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.thumb.JPG.ebb8da9d523ace177ab39a74760fb4b6.JPG

.  Punched that into google and I got a Zaperla ride.

DiscoveryRevolution05.thumb.jpg.e2058181ee917d76897ae6262c11185a.jpg

Any other idea what Revolution 360 ride would be?

I got this when i searched:

Image result for Revolution 360 ride

26 minutes ago, Patrick Dove said:

I got this when i searched:

Image result for Revolution 360 ride

So did I @Patrick Dove. And for a park this size and given their target audience of mainly family attractions and not strictly thrillseekers, this makes much more sense!! If this does turnout to be the ride in question, it will make a fine addition to the line up and provide just that extra bit of motivation to visit the park!

So FF's has announced a new ride for the next season. A second new ride. This is great news for Fun Fields and its goods to see more parks investing!

From FF's facebook page.

1f48e.png💎1f525.png🔥2747.png❇️ VOODOO - Curse of Tawhiri 2747.png❇️1f525.png🔥1f48e.png💎
NEW RIDE #2 coming to Funfields this season!
#Melbourne #Themepark #Waterpark

18699767_1437265222997146_1925677589435561416_n[2].png

2 new rides for the 2017/18 season :o Very exciting times! So we now know the name for ride #2 - 'Voodoo'. And that it is NOT a waterslide (someone asked for hints on what the ride is on FB - reply from Funfields was it is not a waterslide). Here's proof

------ ----- -----

Ride #1 we have no name, but an indication of the theme and some teaser imagery:

Now that we know that 'Voodoo' is not a waterslide, this ride will presumably be be the Tornado Wave? As seen in this thread: https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/7259-funfields-new-rides-2016/

FunfieldsTornadoWAVE.PNG.14f49571af1c419

Edited by Luke

39 minutes ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

Sounds great! I've ridden one of these at Wet n' Wild Sydney, however I thought it was a bit short. Maybe 2 waves would make it a bit more interesting? 

^This one is significantly longer than the one at WnW Sydney. It's got an S-bend mammoth section, and also a double downward helix before the drop and wave element. Plus the slide finishes with a drop - which i would assume will give some good airtime.

Layout found on the Funfields website - http://www.funfields.com.au/rides/gravity-wave-victoria-biggest-waterslide

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Luke

• 1 month later...

Nice find @Patrick Dove! For a state that is notoriously known for it's 'bad/cold weather', Victoria has seen a lot of investment in waterparks/waterslide attractions over the past 10 years. Adventure Park, Funfields and Gumbaya World are all installing new waterslides this year. And no doubt they will continue to invest into waterpark attractions in the future.

It's proof that the weather argument is void. If 3 waterparks can thrive in Melbourne, then a themepark can as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Love seeing these parks thrive. Only issue I can see is that two Victorian parks will have a Tornado Wave if this goes ahead. Maybe it's not too late for Adventure Park to go with a different slide type.

I have a feeling that Adventure Park is strategically installing a Tornado Wave, with very similar colours to the Funfields' Tornado Wave (opening this year) to confuse/bamboozle the GP between the two parks. Adventure Park know that Funfields is opening the best water slide in Victoria this year - so maybe this is a knee-jerk reaction to try and win back some patronage?