Funfields new attractions 2017/18

GoGoBoy

On 7/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, Luke said:

Nice find @Patrick Dove! For a state that is notoriously known for it's 'bad/cold weather', Victoria has seen a lot of investment in waterparks/waterslide attractions over the past 10 years. Adventure Park, Funfields and Gumbaya World are all installing new waterslides this year. And no doubt they will continue to invest into waterpark attractions in the future.

It's proof that the weather argument is void. If 3 waterparks can thrive in Melbourne, then a themepark can as well.

Agreed. I've been saying it since I arrived from London 7.5 yrs ago. 

• 1 month later...

Ticket prices for the 2017/18 season have been announced, as well as the dates for the season - 29th of September 2017 to April 15th 2018.

http://www.funfields.com.au/tickets/general-admission

Season passes include 10% off Food & Drinks, 10% off Merchandise, a dedicated entry gate and 'bring a friend for free' days.

image.thumb.png.f98bd5fb1776b5527778655aaf4e7ebf.png

image.thumb.png.0d6a1b98d30bd7db0ec3b1cd0bf87dcd.png

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Funfields have released new teaser trailers for their 2 new rides this season; Voodoo and Gravity Wave. So exciting to see such strong marketing and emphasis on theme for these new ride.

The Herald Sun also published an article yesterday about the new mammoth Gravity Wave waterslide. I've seen the slide in person...it is an impressive beast. Definite contender for best waterslide in Australia.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/new-gravity-wave-water-slide-at-funfields-theme-park-brings-zero-gforces-to-riders/news-story/e738589a183d22a0e4aa8fa423935641

• Like 2

I was at funfields yesterday. You get a good view of the new rides from near the kraken and also going uphill on the Toboggan. I didn’t take my phone in as now with my new Apple Watch LTE I don’t plan to take my phone into theme parks with water rides.

Voodoo is basically complete and gravity is just having some final touches.

Voodoo just looks like a mini version of Dreamworld’s claw.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Andy G said:

Voodoo just looks like a mini version of Dreamworld’s claw.

Whilst you are correct Andy, you might find the Voodoo has a thrilling point of difference over Dreamworld's claw! Both the Voodoo and Gravity Wave will be opening on Saturday 21st of October.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 2

Yep its a Zamperla Midi Discovery

http://www.zamperla.com/products/midi-discovery/

Its smaller than DW's Claw but it does a full 360. Its also the first of its kind in Australia :-)

Here's an actual photo of FF's Voodoo:

funfields-voodoo.jpg

Taken from this Article:

www.hit.com.au/news/melbourne/the-most-ridiculous-new-waterslide-is-coming-to-melbourne?station=fox

Some stats for the ride are here:   http://www.funfields.com.au/rides/voodoo-ride

I'm liking the theming around the ride I can't wait to get on this!

Edited by Patrick Dove
added one more link
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Patrick Dove said:

Yep its a Zamperla Midi Discovery

http://www.zamperla.com/products/midi-discovery/

I think it's actually a 16 passenger Zamperla Discovery Revolution :)

The funfields website states the height of the Voodoo is 18m, which matches with the tech specs on this page:
http://www.zamperla.com/products/discovery-revolution/

I'm loving the story and theme for this ride. Also loving the stellar marketing job Funfields is doing for these 2 new rides! Really putting movieworld's marketing for DC Rivals to shame.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 9:29 AM, Luke said:

I have a feeling that Adventure Park is strategically installing a Tornado Wave, with very similar colours to the Funfields' Tornado Wave (opening this year) to confuse/bamboozle the GP between the two parks. Adventure Park know that Funfields is opening the best water slide in Victoria this year - so maybe this is a knee-jerk reaction to try and win back some patronage?

On 7/12/2017 at 9:29 AM, Luke said:

I have a feeling that Adventure Park is strategically installing a Tornado Wave, with very similar colours to the Funfields' Tornado Wave (opening this year) to confuse/bamboozle the GP between the two parks. Adventure Park know that Funfields is opening the best water slide in Victoria this year - so maybe this is a knee-jerk reaction to try and win back some patronage?

These attractions are planned a good 18 months in advance so no one knows what the other is doing.  Gumbuya will be the ones who get hit most I think, (for a number of reasons). Can't wait to see the team at FF and the new attractions on the 21st. You guys all know how much of a fan I am of FF! 

4 minutes ago, Mark Shaw said:

These attractions are planned a good 18 months in advance so no one knows what the other is doing.  Gumbuya will be the ones who get hit most I think, (for a number of reasons). Can't wait to see the team at FF and the new attractions on the 21st. You guys all know how much of a fan I am of FF! 

By the way, the Marketing is being done by Biscuit. I never used them simply because they are Melbourne based but I think you would all agree, they come up with some cool stuff!

• Like 4

Will be looking forward to our summer trip to Fun Fields with the new additions. FF is fast becoming Victoria's premier park.

They have a good mix of wet and dry rides and attractions. Hopefully in the future they can afford and get approval for a decent mid sized coaster.

Edited by yaark
Additional text
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

By the way, the Marketing is being done by Biscuit. I never used them simply because they are Melbourne based but I think you would all agree, they come up with some cool stuff!

Thanks for the mention Mark :) see you at the FF Opening on the 21st?

On 10/10/2017 at 11:02 AM, Luke said:

I think it's actually a 16 passenger Zamperla Discovery Revolution :)

The funfields website states the height of the Voodoo is 18m, which matches with the tech specs on this page:
http://www.zamperla.com/products/discovery-revolution/

I'm loving the story and theme for this ride. Also loving the stellar marketing job Funfields is doing for these 2 new rides! Really putting movieworld's marketing for DC Rivals to shame.

I'm meeting Movie Worlds owner for breakfast in a few weeks time, shall I mention this??  :) 

• Like 1

I saw what I assume was staff testing the Gravity Wave on Saturday.. spoke to some of the staff who said it was awesome. 

Also noticed that the pool at the bottom of the ride is huge and has a spot for a 2nd ride. So I assume there is plans for another slide to go in there in the future.

21 minutes ago, Andy G said:

Also noticed that the pool at the bottom of the ride is huge and has a spot for a 2nd ride. So I assume there is plans for another slide to go in there in the future.

image.thumb.png.dd52192e6cdaf049ebd821f131f07fb1.png

https://www.parkz.com.au/photo/15405-Gravity_Wave_construction/gallery/sort/newest/offset/3

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

I'm meeting Movie Worlds owner for breakfast in a few weeks time, shall I mention this??  :) 

Definitely wouldn't say no to that! B)