Funfields new attractions 2017/18

GoGoBoy

Went to funfields today to try out the new rides. Went on Voodoo first.. now that is an awesome ride. Considering it doesn’t look like much at first glance I found it a heap better than the Claw and also better than doomsday destroyer at movieworld. It can feel like a different ride each time you go on it. Due to the different angles you can get by the spinning motion and also depending on the amount of people on it and weight distribution the pauses you get at the top can differ. Awesome ride and I can see it having massive queues over summer. Definitely the best dry ride in the park.

Gravity Wave was next and weather today wasn’t great for water slides. However I went on it with my son and his friend. I was a little underwhelmed. It didn’t feel as extreme/fast as kamikaze and tornado at wet n wild or Boomerang at waterbom in Bali. However I need to try it again with 4 adults and full weight as that can make a huge difference. 

Anyway great to see our little local park continue to expand and my kids have loved it so far this season especially with the bargain scoopon passes we got.

Edited by Andy G
  • Like 4

I've also had a chance to ride the new rides at Funfields. So here are my reviews.

The Voodoo is the thrill ride that the park desperately needed, and it does not disappoint. Don't let it's small size deceive you, because this ride delivers some surprisingly strong forces and hang time. The ride cycle time is perfect, with 2 full inversions and a 3rd inversion that is very slow....resulting in some loooong hang time. It's a pocket-rocket of a machine. Also, the harnesses and seats are comfortable. IMO it's better than Doomsday Destroyer, Pandamonium and Tailspin. However, I still prefer The Claw's shear power and intense airtime over the Voodoo. The ride also has some great theming and queue atmosphere. This is now the best dry attraction at the park.

With 2 people the Gravity Wave is a little underwhelming, but with 4 persons.....wow what a slide. The beginning s-bend is a gentle, yet fun beginning; which lulls you into a false sense of security. Because what follows is nothing but gentle! The downward helix, the steep drop, and then the wave are an intense series of elements which took me by surprise. IMO this is best water slide I have been on, and is the best slide in the park. It’s also a really nice long waterslide. A must ride with 4 persons.

Both are excellent additions to the park, and as @Andy G said, it's fantastic to see Funfields continue to expand. I'd love to see them add a family raft slide off the Gravity Wave tower....perhaps a 1/2 open, 1/2 enclosed mammoth slide.

Love to hear people's thoughts as to what Funfields should add next.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Both are excellent additions to the park, and as @Andy G said, it's fantastic to see Funfields continue to expand. I'd love to see them add a family raft slide off the Gravity Wave tower....perhaps a 1/2 open, 1/2 enclosed mammoth slide.

Looks like they've planned ahead and allowed room for a future new slide next to Gravity Wave - there appears to be a vacant slot big enough for another major slide exit in the splashdown pool.

• 2 months later...

Interesting article posted today about the physics of water slides. In particular they discuss the new Gravity Wave under construction:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/technology/sci-tech/the-formula-for-fun-how-designers-use-basic-physics-to-create-the-most-exciting-water-slides-20171220-h081af.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...