Dreamworld being sued

DJKostya

Came across this article this morning. Unfortunately I can't link direct to the article though so copy and pasted it.

Dreamworld sued for almost $300,000

Dreamworld has copped another blow as the theme park is being sued for almost $300,000.

The Courier Mail reports an Indian cricketer lodged a District Court claim against Ardent Leisure after a waterslide called ‘The Wedgie’ ruined his love for the game.

Bikramjeet Singh Benipal claims he was sent down the slide before he was ready, which caused damage to his knee ligament.

He said since the November 2015 incident, he was suffering from trauma like flashbacks and nightmares and could not play cricket.

He’s claiming $244,000 for economic loss and $250 for pain relievers like Panadol and Deep Heat. The Courier Mail reports it is the first lawsuit lodged against Ardent Leisure since the horror Thunder River Rapids ride tragedy last October, which left four tourists dead.

Absolute moron. I detest people who do things like this. If I could get my hands on him he might have even worse nightmares!

Anyway it sounds like Dreamworld did absolutely nothing wrong in this case, so the lawsuit will just be a waste of his time. 

I do feel for Ardent though. The negative publicity from this is the last thing they needed.

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

I can't view the full article, but this is what I can see:

NcetZuy.png

If I can sue someone every time I have a bad dream I'd be a billionaire by now.

Honestly I do wonder if it was because he "wasn't ready", or if it was because he didn't follow the staff's directions and didn't get into the right position.

The full article is pretty much what was written in the initial start of the convo... looks like it's been copy and pasted 👍