Trip advice - Gold Coast in October

Ryande16

This is probably the wrong place to post this but I'm literally about to book flights to gold coast from Melbourne and just wanted an opinion whether Movie world would be busy October 24-28 which is a Monday to Thursady. Or should i hold off for a little longer?

So far the plans

fly up monday

Movie world Tuesday

Wet n wild Wednesday

Movie world Thursday

Fly home Thursday nights 

Edited by Ryande16

15 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

This is probably the wrong place to post this but I'm literally about to book flights to gold coast from Melbourne and just wanted an opinion whether Movie world would be busy October 24-28 which is a Monday to Thursady. Or should i hold off for a little longer?

So far the plans

fly up monday

Movie world Tuesday

Wet n wild Wednesday

Movie world Thursday

Fly home Thursday nights 

Definately the wrong place to post this, but no, it will be about the same as a normal off peak period, if not.. a little busier

19 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

So far the plans

fly up monday

Movie world Tuesday

Wet n wild Wednesday

Movie world Thursday

Fly home Thursday nights 

Having done virtually this exact same thing not too long ago, it's probably cheaper to fly up at 6am on the Tuesday, bus in to Surfers, grab some breakfast and drop your bags off, then head to the parks rather than flying up on the Monday

3 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

So far the plans

fly up monday

Movie world Tuesday

Wet n wild Wednesday

Movie world Thursday

Fly home Thursday nights 

Couple of things. Firstly, October 24-28 is Tuesday to Saturday. Secondly, it shouldn't be too busy around that time. And thirdly, if you can, why not come a little earlier or later so you can enjoy Fright Nights.

35 minutes ago, themagician said:

Couple of things. Firstly, October 24-28 is Tuesday to Saturday. Secondly, it shouldn't be too busy around that time. And thirdly, if you can, why not come a little earlier or later so you can enjoy Fright Nights.

Sorry was just going off the top of my head with the dates. Well i only finnish uni exams the week before which is why i can't go up earlier, but i would love to go to a fright night in the future.

53 minutes ago, LORD_Noodle said:

Sounds like a good plan 👍

It should be good ☺

Edited by Ryande16

12 hours ago, themagician said:

I would certainly expect Fright Nights to be on the 27th, 28th being the last Friday and Saturday evenings of the Halloween season. Either night will be very busy.. maybe consider taking the Terrror Tour? Never done it before myself because I always visit FN with a group of people making it difficult to get them to commit to spending big $$. For that reason I think I might just go with my other half this year so we can enjoy the experience.

As far as timing/crowds go, I would expect weekends to be significantly busier than normal with annual passholders saturating the Park to ride WW😆

According to the MW maintenance page Justice League will be closed however this is the only major attraction currently scheduled.

All in all, it will be a great time to visit with high capacity (all but 1 ride open), perfect weather, no School Holidays and Fright Nights in full swing. Plan to visit Wednesday and Friday. Stay back for FN Friday night.

Good luck with your exams😀

Hey All,

I am a new member to this forum but have been browsing for a while now. My family & I love the GC and were last up there around ANZAC Day. Looking to head up again later in the year around 28th August - 8th Sept. I am hoping this is also a pretty good time to rock up? It doesn;t look like any official School Holidays in that period with the first one being QLD holidays commencing 15th Sept?

Welcome!

Its a nice quiet time, but really - with the behemoth that is the new Hypercoaster being so close to (but very unlikely to be) opening by then, in all honesty if you have the flexibility, i'd be planning dates for AFTER september holidays, for a chance to get on this beast.

A trip in August - September likely wouldn't be much different to your trip in April - except for perhaps the weather.

6 hours ago, ShaneW said:

Hey All,

I am a new member to this forum but have been browsing for a while now. My family & I love the GC and were last up there around ANZAC Day. Looking to head up again later in the year around 28th August - 8th Sept. I am hoping this is also a pretty good time to rock up? It doesn;t look like any official School Holidays in that period with the first one being QLD holidays commencing 15th Sept?

+1, wait until the Hypercoaster is open.

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

Welcome!

Its a nice quiet time, but really - with the behemoth that is the new Hypercoaster being so close to (but very unlikely to be) opening by then, in all honesty if you have the flexibility, i'd be planning dates for AFTER september holidays, for a chance to get on this beast.

A trip in August - September likely wouldn't be much different to your trip in April - except for perhaps the weather.

Thanks @AlexB!

I have also been following the progress of the new MW Hypercoaster with great anticipation as i am a massive rollercoaster fan! Knowing that we would probably be back later in the year we ended up buying the VIP Passes which are valid until June next year. Knowing that the opening may not actually happen until later in September it is a little disappointing to know we may miss out by only a few weeks however i guarantee even if i have to make a quick trip up for a weekend, i will try out the new coaster before my pass expires :)

Sounds like the timing is good though in terms of being quiet or not? If i am looking at the maintenance of MW correctly, should only be the SDSC as the biggest attraction closed as well between 28/8 - 8/9. Do you guys think SW is worth going to in the state it is in? My 4yr old daughter may like the animals i guess but obviously not much for us thrill seekers? :) Although i did enjoy the Jet Rescue ride last time i went to SW two years ago.... my mother in law actually thought she could hack it and went on twice with me..... she then was sick afterwards hahaha

Edited by ShaneW

I took 3 kids to Sea World two weeks ago - my son (18mths), my niece and my nephew (5&7). We spent most of our time in Nickland and had a ball. The animal exhibits took up the rest of our day. We didn't see a single show (mainly because the show times were really stupidly laid out), and we were out of the park by about 3.

We skipped the monorail due to the wait time, got on Jet Rescue once, and rode nothing else and the three adults that visited still enjoyed the day.

I'd suggest at this time that Sea World really is only suitable if you have kids that will enjoy Nickland, but it is well worth the trip if you do.