PJ Party moved to Sea World

Pyjama Party

Gather your friends and join us at Sea World for the biggest Pyjama Party ever!

Friday 18 August 2017 at Sea World from 6:30pm – 10:00pm

Help support children in foster care and experience Sea World at night in the comfort of your PJ ’s. Enjoy all of your favourite rides and attractions, selected animal presentations, live entertainment and so much more. Come along and help us break the world record for the biggest Pyjama Party of all time!

https://themeparks.com.au/box-office/sea-world/pyjama-party.aspx

Looks lie they are making even more use of The Plaza, and as said by VRTP, they are wanting to spread night events across the two parks now that SW has the facilities

1 hour ago, joz said:

Enjoy all your favorite rides.  Jet Rescue is closed, so who fancies a go on Storm or Battle boats at night in pyjamas?  Hopefully the kids enjoy it and they raise money for whatever it is, but seems like a strange move, particularly this year.

Won't the kids mostly be on the Nick Land rides though?

I would be surprised if Storm is even open. Battle boats.. Not a chance!

The rides should be restricted to the kid's area which, for such an event I think will suit so long as the target Audience is young families.

Mid August is an odd choice though.. hopefully SW has some good gas heaters and other cosy nooks to keep Guests comfortable? I can also picture the very young (target audience) nodding off well before 10, leaving the Park dead by 9.

41 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

The rides should be restricted to the kid's area which, for such an event I think will suit so long as the target Audience is young families.

Not really. I attended the one at MW last year and as you can see from my pics below, the majority of attendees were teenagers and young adults. Not many kids in sight. 

FB_IMG_1496616534780.thumb.jpg.73a69561eb3687122d07e7f710d178c2.jpg

FB_IMG_1496616524366.thumb.jpg.8e105d88e0880d3d8892b13158fae89f.jpg

Having the party restricted to the kid's rides would not work, as most would be too big for them. 

Fair enough @Theme Park Girl, my incling is that they are going for an entirely different Audience for this PJ Party. SW is a vastly different Beast than MW in it's current form.

As an Adult with no kids I have 0% interest in this event and I'm sure I am not alone on that😃

Edited by MickeyD

• 2 months later...

From the PJ Foundation on FB:

PYJAMA PARTY AT SEA WORLD CANCELLED

It is with a heavy heart that The Pyjama Foundation has had to cancel the Pyjama Party at Sea World Event due to low ticket sales. The event was to be held on Friday 18 August at Sea World.

We are truly sorry.

On behalf of everyone at The Pyjama Foundation and Sea World, we would like to sincerely apologise for the cancellation, especially to those of you who have already bought tickets and made travel and accommodation plans. 

We appreciate the support and efforts from everyone involved.

We will be reaching out to anyone who has purchased or won tickets over the coming days.

Please be patient as we undertake this process. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This won’t be the end of our Pyjama Parties, we intend to make 2018’s event more spectacular – so we hope you can join us next year.

Kindest regards,

Team Pyjamas & Sea World