DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

good find! and we have ourselves a basic layout too!

Its a very basic layout. I wouldn't get overly excited by it, as that is just the boundary of works rather than a rough track.

9 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Something that intrigues me - there are 4 queue lines in the final photo - obviously one for main entry, one for fast track, and one for single riders - but what would the fourth one be used for?

Fire exit/emergency exit / disabled access if there is stairs?

7 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

I was worried they'd load from the other side and sort of have the coaster in its own separate area in the distance. No use having a coaster you can ride but can't really get a good look at off ride, that's part of the fun of going to a park for me. Annoyingly a lot of our parks have gotten this wrong in the past, think of how hard it is to view most of Arkham Asylum, apart from the one good view inside the cage on exit, the best views of HWSW are from the waterpark, etc.

The thing is though, that you won't be able to see most of the coaster from the park. Obviously when you drive in you will be able to, but when I've checked it out from th GL queue you can't see much past where the lift hill and drop will be because of all the trees and how large the site is. So you will see even less as you walk through the queue area as that's even further down. You may get snippets of the ride depending on the air time hills and any inversions and the height of them, otherwise not much. Not saying they should remove the trees, just saying that you may dissapointed about how much of the ride you can see from the queue.

23 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Its a very basic layout. I wouldn't get overly excited by it, as that is just the boundary of works rather than a rough track.

Fire exit/emergency exit / disabled access if there is stairs?

Fire exit makes sense, or perhaps an entrance for staff. I wouldn't think it would be disabled access - would be kinda pointless to build a completely separate queue - just put a ramp in the fast track queue and put them through there.

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

Well we've got the drawings, so we may as well get the theme and colouring...

That would take the fun out of trying to work it out.   To answer your question if you were asking.  I don't know what it is.  If I was a guessing man I would say by looking at the station, very minimal.

Hahaha yeah, I was only messing because I'm fully aware people can't reveal those details until an offical announcement. But as you say, now having seen the station layout, it doesn't seem like anything major, and there isn't much before the lift hill. But having said that, they have got the walkway leading up to the queue building, so they may do something similar to what they did for GL, and the queue line and track may be similar to what they did with Storm Coaster. I don't think that part is the best themed element of the ride, but the queue does set the scene of what's happening, and then once in the boat, the large screen shows a storm has hit. Hopefully MW do something pretty cool with the theming, but I think this ride will be all about the track, with its massive lift hill, turns, air time and maybe inversions. Not complaining in any way, as it's our first hyper coaster, and the scale of it is crazy. I can't wait to see what they do.

Edited by themagician

@JaggedJanine The far ramp has a roof and is the exit ramp.  The ramp closest is the entry ramp and only has a roof half of the way.  Going by that drawing you will be standing out in the sun while you wait.  On the other hand it will be shady when you get off.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic