DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

25 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Standing at my desk at work as I can see where the Gateway motorway joins the M1 to see if there are more trucks heading past...  Probably should be focusing on the calls more though...

There's always a lot of trucks along that stretch of road... good luck trying to spot the right one ?

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Why not use it?   The timber they place under the track is packing timber that was used during shipment.  They don’t go out and buy timber to keep the coaster off the ground they use whatever is around.

I get what you're saying but at the same time, they must have been sitting on sufficient wood in the container. And they aren't gonna have another 200 banners to lay the rest of the track on... 

I have a feeling, only this track will be delivered today for the steel fabricators to have a look at it.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.JPG.f2be36a8bae0ee02a8684e8dd5159592.JPG

If you were receiving the whole track now why would they be spending so much time with 2 pieces of track? 

Why empty 1 container and not the other?

I will call this  "a getting to know you session"

Edited by YLFATEEKS

While I was there, there were a number of workmen inspecting the track and looking closely at the joints.

24 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.706bced95eef4528fb8757abf7e38ec9.JPG

They were still mucking around with the station design on the 28.02.17.

I get your point, and I'm actually surprised they were making changes at that point, but that isn't a significant change they were making.

22 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

One of the container doors was open (think TOG mentioned too) and there was 2 pieces of track inside that one. If we're receiving 2 pieces of track per container there's gonna be a hell of a procession of trucks heading down...

And those pieces were numbered 55 and 56, so there is going to be a hell of a lot of track coming. And if i remember correctly, a while back when I was try to count the footers, there were almost 300 of them.

Edited by themagician

1 minute ago, themagician said:

While I was there, there were a number of workmen inspecting the track and looking closely at the joints.

I get your point, and I'm actually surprised they were making changes at that point, but that isn't a significant change they were making.

And those pieces were numbered 55 and 56, so there is going to be a hell of a lot of track coming. And if i remember correctly, a while back when I was try to count the footers, there were almost 300 of them. So let's just say that, most of that fenced off area will be full of track 

Maybe it would please you to go to the 23.02.17

27 minutes ago, themagician said:

Ditto! I held off taking pics initially for this reason, didn't want to get in trouble for snooping or have dirty looks thrown my way ? But I did manage to get one sneaky pic from my car of the track being carefully checked over by a construction worker and an official.

20170322_101339.thumb.jpg.6266b9e8ccc84c930717ee5ff58e9a03.jpg

@themagician well that's nice to know they are ok with it! I guess I'm just a bit paranoid because I was pulled up and questioned a while back whilst walking around the perimeter of the coaster site taking pics. Although I think that the bloke were more paranoid about me being mainstream media of some sort. He seemed satisfied when I told him I was just a theme park enthusiast who was excited about the latest development for MW lol ☺️?

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic