DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

17 hours ago, Santa07 said:

In fact, when looking at comics, Bizarro comes in at number 25 in IGN's top 100 comic villains, which is not a bad place to be at all. 

Not a good place to be when theming Australia's first world class hypercoaster however, they would be more likely to be focusing on the Top 10 ?

Sorry but I still can't see it happening lol. Maybe once he actually gets an appearance in a box office flick, things will change...  

16 hours ago, Inverted said:

Ill settle this,   The colour is fuchsia :)

That's what I call it as well after seeing it in person lol ☺️?

16 hours ago, Jackson13Walasek said:

However, it would feel kind of weird walking from Supervillains  Unleashed, to Main Street, through part of the DC superhero are, back to another Supervillain ride?

I was thinking about this the other day and I saw a spot for future development that would make it all make sense. 
If my google-earthing is right, the Fire Station in Superheroes Unleashed has nothing behind the other garage wall. They could remove that wall and do something there (another flat ride), and you're out the back of Arkham:
(the red is the path)

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.15.00 am.png

Pretty sure there is one of the main (electricity) substation/transformers that feed the park perched on that hill, along with what looks like fire fighting equipment. So I don't think it would be a simple area to develop. There would be service trenches running everywhere for power.

13 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Pretty sure there is one of the main (electricity) substation/transformers that feed the park perched on that hill, along with what looks like fire fighting equipment. So I don't think it would be a simple area to develop. There would be service trenches running everywhere for power.

Get rid of it! Its not like its important ??

I'll just leave some track photos. Unfortunately, I don't live up on the coast to take my own photos, so I found these on TPSN's MW Hyper Coaster page. They are quite close up. Hopefully they put the magenta/pink/purple argument to rest. This track color is the most ambiguous I have ever seen. I'm sorry if someone else has already uploaded these to this thread. 

17493006_1168661333243507_47530997290596

17492945_1168661553243485_24787665774407

17505298_1168658789910428_20198212331623

17498896_1168714223238218_28378213013822

17504593_1168661389910168_88578649017072

Plus, if we learned anything from the hoax pics from a few weeks back, its easy to play with the colour range and saturation slider in Photoshop to make it look different.

Having seen the track in person, this isn't representative of the colour at all. It's not baby pink!

17504593_1168661389910168_8857864901707279463_o.jpg?oh=161529ab0bd6e897fc8ec68550478ca0%26oe=5961AECA&key=9eea336a9c57651e3c187910ec0d6da8fdf3e40775b161e1efb58b4d9459f9c8

Of all the photos posted in the thread, I think this one below best portrays the colour. Magenta is the wrong word for it....Magenta is the colour you see on an an ink cartridge, and it is certainly not that pink/red.

IMG_7160.thumb.JPG.c3f66d2f701206493ff7f3c977f4a79e.JPG

It's definitely towards the purple end of the spectrum and away from pink. Not Cadbury purple of course, but still in the purple range....Fuchsia is actually a good description I reckon.

57 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Well... this is what happens when I can't access Parkz from work. All good - i'm back now.

After getting through all these pages - I feel like one thing is for certain.

i didn't need to read all those pages.

I also love how the colour conversation continued even after @djrappa flipped out. For the love of god VRTP need to make an announcement - and they need to do it on any day except this coming Saturday.

I also echo the sentiments that i hope they've got Discovery channel or Nat Geo down there filming a documentary \ making of.

I hadn't given it any thought, but I do like the ideas put forward about Catwoman.

As for the trains being hidden - we saw with Jet Rescue that all it takes is some guy to leave the container door open at the right time for some person passing by to get a shot of the trains. I feel certain though, that we'll have an announcement before that happens (watch that go up in flames now too).

Page 125 and we're still not vertical. I'll check in tomorrow hopefully before its at page 147.

If I couldn't get on at work, I wouldn't know what else to do during the day. 

These days @djrappa flips out so much nobody cares anymore. 

I would be interested to know your thoughts on what you think has been the hold up in getting the coaster to site?  I know @MaxxTheMonster got the ship right even if he didn't realise it himself.  Which was weeks ago, now.   So, after weeks of this coaster sitting at the ports they decide to send over 2 containers of tracks and two containers of supports.  You can tell by way the steel construction team inspected the track last week it was them that requested to see the track.  It’s obvious they can get the track into the car park, so what do you think is the reason the coaster is sitting in the docks and not being delivered to MW?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I don't think it's sinister but my strange alarm is sounding.  To only deliver 2 containers of track and 2 containers of supports and nothing else.  I would have thought once you start moving it out of the shipping yards it would move quickly.  If you say it’s all going to plan,  I’m happy with that.

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I know @MaxxTheMonster got the ship right even if he didn't realise it himself.  Which was weeks ago, now.

Pure speculation on my part but given nothing else matched the time frame, ports and flags expected it did become a no brainer if you knew what to look for :) 

Think I have shown plenty of times that investigating and researching when I am shown a bone is not an issue for me :P 

Just now, jack.c said:

The track won't all arrive at once - it's going to take a few months to build. 

He means more than two pieces should arrive in a short period of time. Once a coaster goes vertical it goes surprisingly quickly. The parts currently on site would be assembled in no time. They need a bunch to start. They will arrive over time, but the rate at which it will arrive will increase and once they have the key starting pieces they will start. The most likely cause is just these pieces happened to make it out of the dockyards sooner. It's like when you check in a couple of bags for a flight all at once, they don't always come out at once. They get jumbled around and one could come out first and another after everyone else's has come out. 

7 minutes ago, CruiseSF said:

It's like when you check in a couple of bags for a flight all at once, they don't always come out at once. They get jumbled around and one could come out first and another after everyone else's has come out. 

Docks are not airports.

14 minutes ago, jack.c said:

The track won't all arrive at once - it's going to take a few months to build. 

Why fence half a car park for storage and only use 1/100th of it? 

Edited by YLFATEEKS

56 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

If we look back though at Superman and GL most (if not all) parts were on site before construction began...  Also as @YLFATEEKS said...  Why close off such a huge section of the carpark if the plan is not to have a lot of pieces there at once?

Track parts continued to arrive during construction for green lantern, actually. 

Like I'm saying.:)  They do not jumble containers up at the dock.   Read what I'm saying. 

"The coaster IS being held back at the docks".   4 Containers were released last week for the construction crew to see for an unknown reason Master Rapper said it's not sinister.  I said I'm happy with that.

Coasters like this don’t arrive every day in Australia and it will be a first for everyone involved.  My thoughts are the construction crew wanted to see the coaster, see how it was packed and how long it would take to unload a container.   I believe by dropping the 4 containers off last weeks they could plan the logistics of getting the coaster from the docks to MW without having 200 trucks sitting outside of MW waiting to be unloaded.

What I'm more interested in is has JL & BW opened back up and has anything changed?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

/snip
most (if not all)
/endsnip

32 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Track parts continued to arrive during construction for green lantern, actually. 

most    

synonyms: nearly all, almost all, the greatest quantity/part/number, the majority, the bulk, the lion's share, the mass, the preponderance
"she spends most of her time in London"

The logistics company will definitely be getting this containers out of their yard as soon as possible, and I would imagine they charge storage fees if the containers are still on site beyond when they're required to be (AQIS/ABF inspections). We will be seeing more track as soon as it can be released.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic