DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

9 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Disney fans will recognise my choice of words.

The more I read over the last few posts, the more I wish someone would create a coaster element called a Gullywhumper.

Seeing that "Flying Snake Dive", "Lagoon Roll" and "Tip-out Corner" are all elements that exist now, it probably wouldn't even sound too out of place.

Thanks for the photos @Inverted, the supports paint quite a picture of the layout in there! Looks like some amazing head-chopper potential.

Between the supports and known track numbers I reckon a non-inverting loop is a certainty. Can't begin to imagine how incredible that will be with Mack's lap bars :D 

Now I'm wondering what the other big change @joz alluded to might be - beyond vertical drop perhaps? Four-across winged seating like Lost Gravity? (Oh how I wish so dearly but the station tenders were quick to kill that particular dream :P)

Edited by rummy

12 minutes ago, rummy said:

Now I'm wondering what the other big change @joz alluded to might be - beyond vertical drop perhaps? Four-across winged seating like Lost Gravity? (Oh how I wish so dearly but the station tenders were quick to kill that particular dream :P)

As fun as winged seating would be, I couldn't help but think that it would slow the train down a little bit.

23 hours ago, Inverted said:

Show your SUPPORT guys.  They are everywhere.   Definitely and loop or non inverting loop going in just before current installed track.   

Sorry for phone low light poor pics.

[snip]

IMG_20170512_172256737.jpg

From @Inverted's pic, this seems fairly straight forward:

blarggdsg.thumb.jpg.8229cb7555d2df12c95f2a521cb8bb20.jpg

...but the section above and to the right of the gravel road...? I got no chance, and am not guessing seeing how far off I was on the Zero-G Roll twisty, er, bank switching airtime?

A non inverting loop sounds very cool but the assumed track pieces 42 and 43 have me asking questions.

This would be Mack's first non inverting loop so anything goes and given rcdb.com has 11 coasters listed with non inverting loops there isn't much to look at for comparisons.

Both track pieces 42 and 43 are very twisty and both have one anchor point.

Intamins Flying Aces and Soaring with Dragon have a non inverting loop and the last piece of supported track on each side of the loop start straight and then twist. There is a section of unsupported twisting track that joins the 2 together.

5916cf9871105_IntaminFlyingAcesWingCoasterFerrariWorldAbuDhabinoninvertigloop.thumb.jpg.eba16c31b2cb510f94bd38da58f44b19.jpg

Photo Intamin Rides

Shock at Rainbow Magicland has the loop fully supported but that loop is tilted over.hqdefault.jpg.9c05b78dfb91738241788ab945422b98.jpg

Photo Rainbow Magicland

If 42 and 43 are part of a non inverting loop I'm very keen to see how they fit in.

1 hour ago, ThemeTendo said:

DSCN7440.thumb.JPG.ce814c1efc825974b74c6422da5929f0.JPG

To people who know what they are on about. In this kind of situation, what happens, do they create form work, and fill it in (but I imagine that won't keep the same structural intergrity), so do they have to rebuild the whole support (which they would have to remove the support for) or just part chip away at more of the footing and rebuild it?

34 minutes ago, themagician said:

To people who know what they are on about. In this kind of situation, what happens, do they create form work, and fill it in (but I imagine that won't keep the same structural intergrity), so do they have to rebuild the whole support (which they would have to remove the support for) or just part chip away at more of the footing and rebuild it?

Up to the engineers normally, the main thing we look for before we call them in is, 1) is the steel threaded rod exposed and 2) is the steel mesh exposed.

If yes then we call the engineers in for a solution, which can be as simple as patching, right up to a new footing.

Hard to say what they will do on this with so much steel work exposed.

Just rebuild the footing nota majorissue as perhaps that support was just out of line. When your talking mm its quite common to not be exact. Surveyors could of been out. But a patch job would fix it. I was on the light rail where we had a tolerance of 1.5mm

I don't think that's broken. It looks like it's been dug out to me. I'm guessing the tie down rod was damaged. If you look closely you'll see that it has had an extension nut placed on it within this cut out section. 

This is not unheard of in (coaster) construction. 

We know that it won't be a winged coaster, but...

Winged seating means the seats on the inside of the banked turn experience negative vertical G forces, while the people on the outside receive positive vertical G forces (both also receive positive lateral Gs).  The further you sit from the centre of the train the higher the forces at a given speed.

Just take a moment to look at the photos of the Stengel, Turn around, S-Bend and twisty bit, and then imagine being forced into and out of your seat at high-speed when the banking changes direction.  It would be crazy.

Talking about the loop, that nl2 coaster so far has been on the money, it's like he actually designed this coaster ?? and it had a normal loop so I'm guessing it will be normal loop. The big wig at Mack also said it's a clone of flash with a layout to suit the area. So that hints to the same loop ??

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic