DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

The direction of the containers is the bit confusing me.

Does anybody understand German

Dear Facebook fans in Germany! Tonight at 18:15 O ' clock shows the swr television in the context of the show ' made in Southwest ' a 30-minute long documentary about mack rides. THE TEAM ACCOMPANIED US FOR 3 weeks in our work and shows what is happening in our shops. We wish you a lot of fun!

If you can understand German they might reveal what they are working on for Australia.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

3 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Containers in the background.  Are the containers a new thing or they part of the studio's pool?

test.jpg

I've assumed that you're taking the picture from roughly the 'blue star' in the below:

watertank.png

I should think, given the thin treeline, that you're seeing the stacked containers in the back of the studio carpark (yellow), presumably used for storage, or to store the containers when not needed. The image above also shows the watertank when set up for bluescreen filming (red), and as you can see, from pretty much any angle you look at, the thickness of the trees means you probably wouldn't see it (although, i'm unclear exactly how much tree clearing has been done through there - those trees are all on the opposite side of the creek)

This image is from September 2015. Latest image is from May 2016, and the tank does not have containers stacked at that time, but the carpark still is as it is shown in yellow above... practically identical, except more cars, and less trucks.

Just watched a documentary on Mack Rides that was shown on tv tonight in Germany.  I decided to share it because it got me more pumped for the new coaster under construction.  Be warned unless you speak German you will only catch onto a few words.  I don’t understand German either but enjoyed the processes into what is required to manufacturer a ride.  Being the dill that I am I also got excited with every part they showed thinking, is that the new coaster.

Does anyone notice when watching rollercoaster POV's that mack and intamin carriages seem to glide faster over the track then B&M coasters? It might just be the quality of the video but I've noticed this with a majority of their rides. Its almost like the wheels aren't as close to the track as B&M which is why you hear the clicking noise opposed to a background hum.

I prefer a lift-hill like some others here.  I love the anticipation you get while climbing the first time you ride.  I do a launch coaster like superman when you hit a tophat but not so much when you launch onto a standard hill.

I always believe proceeding element should dictate the start of the coaster.

Each to their own but.  If we all liked the same thing, then MW would only ever need to build 1 coaster and we would all be happy.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I wasn't saying it should be a launch start. I was just pointing out that launched coasters & hypercoasters aren't separate types - you can have a launched hypercoaster.

But to add to the discussion about lift hill vs launch, they could have a launch mid-ride for all we know anyway with a lift hill start or visa versa.

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I wasn't saying it should be a launch start. I was just pointing out that launched coasters & hypercoasters aren't separate types - you can have a launched hypercoaster.

Technically yes, but a traditional hypercoaster has a lift hill not a launch. Then again, we may be seeing an inverting hypercoaster which also isn't traditional.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic