DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

6 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I wasn't saying it should be a launch start. I was just pointing out that launched coasters & hypercoasters aren't separate types - you can have a launched hypercoaster.

But to add to the discussion about lift hill vs launch, they could have a launch mid-ride for all we know anyway with a lift hill start or visa versa.

Yes, but I think theres a definite image you get in your head for a hypercoaster versus a launch coaster in ordinary enthusiast discussions.

Assuming it is a hypercoaster is a launch mid-ride really needed when based on existing hypercoasters it would reach a speed of over 115km/h? As for a lift hill mid course after a launch. Seems a really weird thing to do when you consider you would have to kill off all the speed before starting the incline if you use a traditional chain lift.

As DD becomes old news and more attention will be placed on the new coaster, I thought I would add this to the mix.

12456.JPG

I’ve linked the approvals together that have been confirmed.

Red link is the new camping area.

Blue link is DD but I did add a question mark to the early works of Ent precinct.  I’m 99.999987 sure that this was part of DD.

Toilet facility I believe is in the kid’s area.

There is still no TopGolf approval shown but if you go to village web site you can see a contract has been signed and work is going to start next year.  I don’t believe any of the approvals are for TopGolf also because all applications where lodged before contract signed. 

Hotel have no idea what is going on here or where it’s going.

This leaves 2-

“Roller Coaster” & “New attraction & lakeside precinct”.

I think we have come to terms that the lakeside precinct is the swamp. (unless this is just me).

Roller coaster has its own approval. 

This just leaves one. “New attraction” Considering roller coaster already had its own approval you wouldn’t lodge an 2nd approval 13 days’ latter for the same thing.

This leaves me with 3 outcomes.

1.       New attraction is TopGolf and MW where testing the water before signing any contract.

2.       With all the excitement there is 1 more attractions that we have missed or do not know about yet.

3.       I should go to bed earlier so when I wake up my mind does not think of crazy things.

Drilling is getting closer to GL now, and quite large holes have been dug with plenty of steal reinforcements in place. Drilling has also moved closer to AOS, along the main road, as well as diggers appearing on the other side of the lake, near the GL queue line (where footings were spotted)

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gazza said:

...I think theres a definite image you get in your head for a hypercoaster versus a launch coaster in ordinary enthusiast discussions.

Ok, fair enough. I'll keep that in mind.

15 hours ago, pin142 said:

Assuming it is a hypercoaster is a launch mid-ride really needed when based on existing hypercoasters it would reach a speed of over 115km/h? As for a lift hill mid course after a launch. Seems a really weird thing to do when you consider you would have to kill off all the speed before starting the incline if you use a traditional chain lift.

Regarding launch mid-ride, I was more imagining the possibility of a dark ride section mid-ride which begins with a braking section before culminating in a launch. Lift hill mid-ride is a lot more unlikely as you can't theme a lift hill that much unless this new coaster is built especially for VR, which would allow a themed lift hill via VR. I have speculated the possibility of this coaster being built especially for VR:

On 15/09/2016 at 8:18 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

...given Mack Rides is currently the most likely rollercoaster manufacturer, this frequently asked quetsion from VR Coaster's website should be noted:

Are you also planning new roller coasters that are build only for VR right from the start?

Yes, our partner Mack Rides will build any kind of roller coaster, optimized for a pure VR experience. At the moment, we are already developing two such coaster facilities, but as there's a lot more engineering involved, these will not be finished before 2017 / 2018

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

13 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Blue link is DD but I did add a question mark to the early works of Ent precinct.  I’m 99.999987 sure that this was part of DD.

Given there are 3 applications that refer to 'Stage 1', I assume they all refer to the same thing - that is, hotel, new attraction (Top Golf) and a lakeside/entertainment precinct. They all fit the nature of that area.

There is still no TopGolf approval shown but if you go to village web site you can see a contract has been signed and work is going to start next year.  I don’t believe any of the approvals are for TopGolf also because all applications where lodged before contract signed. 

I believe sometimes companies lodge development applications even though there is no guarantee it will be built 'just in case' they end up finalising negotiations in the near future. This ensures the project meets deadlines. If they don't finalise negotiations, companies would just then ignore the development application approval. With Top Golf, they were negotiating since January 2014:

“We have been working on this exciting project for two and a half years, and we are proud to partner with the people of Topgolf who have created such a unique and memorable experience,” said Village Roadshow Co-Chairman and CEO Robert Kirby.

2.       With all the excitement there is 1 more attractions that we have missed or do not know about yet.

I think the development application 'Demolition Works For New Attraction' referred to demolishing Blazing Saddles Fun 'n' Games & Boot Hill for the DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed area and like I said before, the 'New Attraction & Lakeside Precinct - Stage 1 Early Works' refers to Top Golf & an adjoining lakeside/entertainment precinct.

After watching a few YouTube videos on the construction of X2 at SSFM, Gate keeper at cedar point and fury 325 at carowinds, there is no doubt this new roller-coaster is going to be the biggest and best at the park. All the rides listed above all have the same thing in common, they were designed at the front of the park, to leave a forever lasting impact on the visitors. And trust me when I drove in to SSFM and saw X2 literally 10-15 metres away from the main road my jaw nearly fell off, it legit sent shivers down my spine. And seeing that the new ride is going to be located along the road leading into movie world it just wouldn’t make sense to build any other ride besides a massive coaster.

Edited by Ryande16

Family would want to see a family ride. However with Gatekeeper, Fury and also Valravn these were done as a way to incorporate building a new pair entrance into the ride to say they are the king of roller coasters. There is a great documentary on youtube called Dreams to Scream which go talk about building both Fury325 and Gatekeeper regarding the whole design, construction and idea process. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4p3uwUpZlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z155vq38Vcg

2 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Family would want to see a family ride. However with Gatekeeper, Fury and also Valravn these were done as a way to incorporate building a new pair entrance into the ride to say they are the king of roller coasters. There is a great documentary on youtube called Dreams to Scream which go talk about building both Fury325 and Gatekeeper regarding the whole design, construction and idea process. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4p3uwUpZlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z155vq38Vcg

You know what i meant, i was referring to a small family family ride. 

8 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

4kms is virtually impossible for the land size and the cost! Lol it would legit cost 40 million.

Yeah exactly. Steel Dragon is about 2.5kms and it cost 50m (with the extra steel though). I'm thinking this is more of a rumour spiralling around the staff that's completely made-up somewhere.

4 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

They know a lot more than you'd think and a lot more than they'd reveal. Wouldn't you enjoy making up some story and seeing how far someone would spread it? 

They wouldn't know a lot cause otherwise 1 of them would tell a friend who would tell a friend and so on and so on and then we would all know what's going on

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic